Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Someone Catch me Up Please

Slick

been gone for a bit and haven't been clued in to much Lions news can one of the reg's please give me a cliff notes version of whats going on.

I read Reggie Bush , glover Quin and possibly Dashon Goldson earlier today.

Tendered Willie Young 2nd round 2.023 and Fox 1.3
Exlusive Right for Chapas, Durham and Silva About 500-600 K each
Cut KVB/Peterman
Pay cuts Burleson/Raiola
Levy 3 year deal unknown terms
Hilliard 2 year deal 980 k and 1.7 million

About 5 million in cap space left but can more restrucutring Calvin/Tulloch (5 million) and can cut some others (Thomas/Robiskie/Tyrell Johnson), maybe even Scheffler
Need a Stafford extension to really help

Lions interested in Reggie Bush, Antoine Cason, re-signing Houston/Delmas, Goldson, Glover Quinn, William Hayes and Jason Jones

Avril/SLH/Gosder probably walking in free agency

Last edited:
need to restructure Stafford or we'll be fielding about 4.5 people on defense (4 starters and levy).

Cut KVB/Peterman
Pay cuts Burleson/Raiola

About 5 million in cap space left but can more restrucutring Calvin/Tulloch (5 million) and can cut some others (Thomas/Robiskie/Tyrell Johnson), maybe even Scheffler

Lions interested in Reggie Bush, Antoine Cason, re-signing Houston/Delmas, Goldson, Glover Quinn, William Hayes and Jason Jones

Much better than mine in the other thread LKP. Thanks.

There has also been a rumor that Stafford and Suh may have both already restructured but the Lions haven't announced it yet.

That was on ESPN a couple of days ago from Sie-fart.

Much better than mine in the other thread LKP. Thanks.

Except " but can more restrucutring Calvin/Tulloch (5 million) and can cut some others (Thomas/Robiskie/Tyrell Johnson), maybe even Scheffler
Need a Stafford extension to really help"

That's fine and dandy but that's a lot of what if's..I hope we can clear space but until it happens..

Just in from PFT talking about interest for Reggie Bush from the Redskins.

As the start of the new league year approaches, the indications are getting stronger and stronger that free-agent running back Reggie Bush will make Detroit the first stop on his first-ever free-agency tour.

need to restructure Stafford or we'll be fielding about 4.5 people on defense (4 starters and levy).

Or restrucutre Calvin/Tullcoh and cut 3 crappy players to free up almost 8 million. Stafford deal isn't necessary but it would be really really nice.

And we may have more starters than you think. Palmer/Lewis/Whitead could be one replacing Durant, Bartell/Bentley could be another, Carey could be a 3rd. Fairley/Suh/Levy/Tulloch make 7. 4 more to go with free agency AND a draft but it could be nice to replace Carey at least though Carey played well in 2012. 2 DE, number 1 CB and a good safety with free agency and a draft.

Except " but can more restrucutring Calvin/Tulloch (5 million) and can cut some others (Thomas/Robiskie/Tyrell Johnson), maybe even Scheffler
Need a Stafford extension to really help"

That's fine and dandy but that's a lot of what if's..I hope we can clear space but until it happens..

That's alot of no big deal, easy transactions that don't hurt the Lions much in the long run. Other than Stafford of course

Last edited:
Or restrucutre Calvin/Tullcoh and cut 3 crappy players to free up almost 8 million. Stafford deal isn't necessary but it would be really really nice.

And we may have more starters than you think. Palmer/Lewis/Whitead could be one replacing Durant, Bartell/Bentley could be another, Carey could be a 3rd. Fairley/Suh/Levy/Tulloch make 7. 4 more to go with free agency AND a draft but it could be nice to replace Carey at least though Carey played well in 2012. 2 DE, number 1 CB and a good safety with free agency and a draft.

Again, that's a lot of what ifs.

That's alot of no big deal, easy transactions that don't hurt the Lions much in the long run. Other than Stafford of course

I get it but you have no idea if any of that happens, do you?

I get it but you have no idea if any of that happens, do you?

I know how easy it could be too happen. It's the most likely way for the Lions to get space and Mayhew/Lewand have all the control.

They don't always announce restructures right away. It could have already happened. Mind=blown

odd that he chose to be a life long back up instead of a shot at starting.

I think they said something in the article about a chance to start. He played pretty well for them, I can see why we wanted him, and they resigned him.

Cut KVB/Peterman
Pay cuts Burleson/Raiola

William Hayes resigned just before the buzzer...

49ers free-agent safety Dashon Goldson is scheduling a visit with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Back