Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

someone remind me if they were there or can recall

Michlady

did we turn our backs when we lost instead of shaking hands with opponents?

the ncaa has over the past few years shown teams meeting midfield and at least shaking hands, slapping backs, even if not sincere

MSU team just went straight to tunnel even though some of our players went to them

so my questio is did we do that at ND? or with Bama?

did we turn our backs when we lost instead of shaking hands with opponents?

the ncaa has over the past few years shown teams meeting midfield and at least shaking hands, slapping backs, even if not sincere

MSU team just went straight to tunnel even though some of our players went to them

so my questio is did we do that at ND? or with Bama?

According to many of my MSU friends we did not shake hands in 2011 against MSU in EL.

I remember Denard interacting with ND players after the game. Watching on TV.

According to many of my MSU friends we did not shake hands in 2011 against MSU in EL.

okay then i coukd see that -did not see lat year's game

and we were not given the games by the refs

Last edited:
In regards to the refs. No certainly not. I have heard some of my MSU friends already complaining about refs, but I personnally think it was a well called game.

Yes, last year sparty fans were upset because Michigan did not shake sparty's hands after the game. But you will recall that sparty played so dirty and tried to justify it as "playing tough". They won the game last year and deserved to win, but their dirty play tainted the win. imo. This year was a fairly clean game. It was hard fought, but sparty did not try to pull the dirty crap they got away with last year. Now they are butt hurt because they lost and wouldn't shake Michigan's hand. That is nonsense. That is truely poor sportsmanship.

I would very much like to punch Dantonio in the face. I despise the man. I think he's a piece of shit.

Yes, last year sparty fans were upset because Michigan did not shake sparty's hands after the game. But you will recall that sparty played so dirty and tried to justify it as "playing tough". They won the game last year and deserved to win, but their dirty play tainted the win. imo. This year was a fairly clean game. It was hard fought, but sparty did not try to pull the dirty crap they got away with last year. Now they are butt hurt because they lost and wouldn't shake Michigan's hand. That is nonsense. That is truely poor sportsmanship.

Anyone think that was why Mark Emmirt (the big ten commissioner) was at the game? First time at the Big House and he chooses this game?

I got the feeling Sparty had been talked to at some point about the dirty play.

Anyone think that was why Mark Emmirt (the big ten commissioner) was at the game? First time at the Big House and he chooses this game?

I got the feeling Sparty had been talked to at some point about the dirty play.

makes sense. I think the league had to send a message after that game.

Dantonio struck a much different tone after this one, so maybe he's starting to "get it."

he seemed to almost be on an anti-Michigan crusade, especially after Mike Hart's comments.

But I saw what Hoke said about the Dantonio-Hecklinski incident, and also you see some of the crap ohio under Meyer has pulled against MSU, and maybe Dantonio is realizing... "Hey, Michigan really aren't the bad guys in this league. I should chill out."

BTW - I continue to be impressed by the way Hoke handles the media and defuses any attempts to draw him into the sort of antagonistic crap between coaches they like to see. He may come off a little slow, but man, the guy is a veritable public relations genius.

Back