Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Soo, who's the closer?

The best man/men for the job on any given day and situation.

matchups for the immediate future.
Rondon will be working with iirc AJ Sager and get his mechanics better. From what I read, he is having a bit more problem when throwing his FB. He should be up by the first 40 games.

if things with the BP are bumbling, fumbling, stumbling along by the all-star break, I think they go get a reliever/closer by the trade deadline for the second half of the season.

if things with the BP are bumbling, fumbling, stumbling along by the all-star break, I think they go get a reliever/closer by the trade deadline for the second half of the season.

Then they had better be in 1st or no worse than 2nd (in either case) by a slim margin of games, otherwise if the Tigers are in third, and/or ~a half-dozen GB by the ASB, then they had better damned well be getting a closer, and pronto.

Whomever is available on the given close opp is the closer for that night, I kinda like it actually, tigers may be starting a new trend here if successful

You forgot Benoit.

One word : Committee

to be honest i thought it was going to be coke lol. villalalalereal and al al in innings 7-8. benoit and coke in the 9th? or did we lose coke or something....no one has mentioned him lol.

to be honest i thought it was going to be coke lol. villalalalereal and al al in innings 7-8. benoit and coke in the 9th? or did we lose coke or something....no one has mentioned him lol.

noone is mentioning coke for closing because he cant get righties out and would be a terrible full-time closer.

I still think Al Al has the best tools to be the closer, but does he have the mental makeup?

I kind of like Benoit in the role, but he's made it clear in the past that he doesn't want to do it.

Gonna be a shitshow...

Tough to match that

Hard to believe that song that Trent wrote and performed w/NIN was released nearly 20 years ago...yikes!!
smiley_emoticons_zombie01.gif

I still think Al Al has the best tools to be the closer, but does he have the mental makeup?

I kind of like Benoit in the role, but he's made it clear in the past that he doesn't want to do it.

Gonna be a shitshow...

I'm not worried about Al Al's mental makeup, but I am worried about his durability.

One of the reasons i like the idea of no one person taking the whole burden, whoever is on good rest, and is in the groove gets the ball in the 9th.

I'm not worried about Al Al's mental makeup, but I am worried about his durability.

One of the reasons i like the idea of no one person taking the whole burden, whoever is on good rest, and is in the groove gets the ball in the 9th.

I still think they should of somehow traded for Clippard.

Back