Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spartanmack

Gulo Blue

I think he's a keeper. He's almost there.

I think he's a handful of posts away from digesting the nature of this board and blending in. In my opinion, he turns to name calling a little too fast right now, but I think that will pass. He loves going to stats; that's going to serve him well. Believe it or not, my gut tells me he'll fit in.

Agreed. Thought so from the start. Takes a bit of settling in ......and realizing byco is really a 29yr old MMA champion.

Oh, don't push me because I can be very convincing ...

Come on, please!!!
Come on,
Come on,
Come on,

Come on!!!

Oh, come on, dammit ....come on!!!

Come on!

COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!

........please?

I think he's a keeper. He's almost there.

I think he's a handful of posts away from digesting the nature of this board and blending in. In my opinion, he turns to name calling a little too fast right now, but I think that will pass. He loves going to stats; that's going to serve him well. Believe it or not, my gut tells me he'll fit in.

But mom, michchamp and jever started it. Granted, i could have taken the high road but didn't. Point taken.

Last edited:
Spartanmack is passionate about his CFB, that is clear. As was about in the 20-year span from 1969-1989. Now, in the "sunset" of my life, I am blanching at seeing numbers like 98, 87, 47 and 11 back on the field. How old am I relative to the people here? Younger than some, older than most, about the same as a few. Ironically, Vic, my oldest son is 29 and he has the build of an MMA champion. Me? I weigh exactly what I did in high school, which is an achievement in itself. Spartanmack: we got off to a very poor start and I regret that. Everyone has an upside and I will focus on yours from now on.

I can only promise to be as respectful as I am respected.

Go Blue*. If that doesn't win me some fans on this site, i quit.

*specifically excludes November 2 and any and all future MSU/mich match ups.

I can only promise to be as respectful as I am respected.

Go Blue*. If that doesn't win me some fans on this site, i quit.

*specifically excludes November 2 and any and all future MSU/mich match ups.

Likewise. Being an avid Spartan fan is perfectly acceptable. I get grief from people for not supporting the sister institution when it plays teams other than Michigan and I don't even root for it to lose. It goes back to the 1973 vote, I suppose, or maybe that clinched it. Back then MSU was not much of a force in the Big Ten anyway.

Smack,

Byco is one of the best going way back on ESPNsucks. He's a bad ass and not some octogenarian like jwlcosu. And his Marine son is a bad ass too.

Just saying

And as stated many times ...I don't dislike State at all. My sister went there and my uncle's family's ties go back to the 1800's with his father a professor there. And rarely in work out west or in CO does anyone say anything .....unless it's a greenhorn transplant who just moved to CO and thinks he's still in Owosso or something.

Last edited:
And rarely in work out west or in CO does anyone say anything .....unless it's a greenhorn transplant who just moved to CO and thinks he's still in Owosso or something.

Yeah, as you say Vic (for those who don't know, Vic travels to SoCal often), Wolverine and Spartan transplants here in Hollywood never quabble.

We're all to busy trying to get a table near Fabio.

Come here, act like a total ass to all of the board regs for 3 weeks, not giving an ounce of respect to anyone, then cry because you get no respect...

Yep, that makes sense.

Come here, act like a total ass to all of the board regs for 3 weeks, not giving an ounce of respect to anyone, then cry because you get no respect...

Yep, that makes sense.

I agree 100%.

this is backasswards

I'm just assuming all new State posters go through the same process. Sbee was a dick at first too, but settled in and is now a moderator, even!

I am far from convinced.

I'm with champ on this one...

Yep, that makes sense.

What a coincidence - Moe, Larry and Curly.

And in my own defense about being disrespectful out of the gate, as far as I can tell, excluding a not so serious grammar battle w/ Byco the first interaction I had w/ Michigan fan's was taking Tinsel's side in a debate w/ Sbee. the first interaction I had w/ Hungry was when he got all unhinged on me about his coworker and Dantonio saying the MSU defense was great - apparently this is still bugging him. Coincidentally, that's where I also had my first conversation w/ jever when he jumped in and called me a gnat in his first post. He then insisted that even though I wasn't ready to call it a championship caliber defense, I 'definitely thought that' and so it was perfectly legit to call me out on it - and that I was an ass hat, whatever that is.

I'd like to thank whoever created this site - that "find all posts" thing is pretty cool.

Last edited:
What a coincidence - Moe, Larry and Curly.

And in my own defense about being disrespectful out of the gate, as far as I can tell, excluding a not so serious grammar battle w/ Byco the first interaction I had w/ Michigan fan's was taking Tinsel's side in a debate w/ Sbee. the first interaction I had w/ Hungry was when he got all unhinged on me about his coworker and Dantonio saying the MSU defense was great - apparently this is still bugging him. Coincidentally, that's where I also had my first conversation w/ jever when he jumped in and called me a gnat in his first post. He then insisted that even though I wasn't ready to call it a championship caliber defense, I 'definitely thought that' and so it was perfectly legit to call me out on it - and that I was an ass hat, whatever that is.

I'd like to thank whoever created this site - that "find all posts" thing is pretty cool.

There is definitely some contradistinction going on here. I hope it resolves. But we're all pretty okay people who are not reticent to tell each other that we are stuffed with ground sausage. It all comes out in the end.

Man this place got mushy.

Is that how this reads? Well, crap. That's no good.

Hey S-Mack! See my 1st post in this thread? That's all code for "I think you're already mellowing and I think we can lull you the rest of the way to quiescence with a little encouragement." You're not going to let that happen, are you?

Back