Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sparty +25

Oh don't worry, scumbag Dantonio will play this up big time. We're going to have to get the chips on shoulders memes back out.

I?m sure he will try but I think the well?s gone dry with all that and the team has no leadership or identity.

Now, twisting knees and ankles and gouging eyes, I fully expect. That and some garbage whipping around in the brisk lansing night air.

I?m sure he will try but I think the well?s gone dry with all that and the team has no leadership or identity.

Now, twisting knees and ankles and gouging eyes, I fully expect. That and some garbage whipping around in the brisk lansing night air.

they're going to play dirty as hell. If they don't take more than one cheap shot at JJ every quarter, I'll be surprised.

Wow.

I was going to be hesitant to predict our guys 50-0 to not insult our Spartan brethren who might not know it?s a running joke - I always pick Michigan 50-0 in every game.

I guess maybe it won?t be that insulting.

BTW, I am NOT enjoying the unhappy circumstance our friendly in state rivals find themselves in because of the behavior of their recent head coach.

they're going to play dirty as hell. If they don't take more than one cheap shot at JJ every quarter, I'll be surprised.

I'm fully expecting them to cheap shot us at every opportunity. The only thing better than beating us is fucking us over.

I genuinely hope the bullshit last year was enough to make both sides realize it was time to lower the temperature in the room but I fully expect those shit birds to cheap shot everyone they can.

Reminder that they fired a coach for cause based on sexual harassment allegations then brought back a coach that openly encouraged his players to rape women.

And a night game to boot. The people-who-shouldn?t-be-in-charge need to make this a 12:00 game from now on. Of course, the machine in place can?t adjust its advance arrangements, since all the dominos are aligned.

So, expect carnage, rioting, and mayhem, unless Michigan is ahead 65-0 at the half, which might be the best scenario to extinguish the fervor.

This is all because "the Blue Wall" protects Michigan and keeps MSU down!

Reminder that they fired a coach for cause based on sexual harassment allegations then brought back a coach that openly encouraged his players to rape women.

I must have missed that one. Can you show me the quotes or stories where we had a coach publicly and openly telling players to rape women? Maybe we can put up a statue of Donnie Corley next to the Sparty or Magic Johnson statue.

Also hilarious that in one post you state ?last year?s incident will maybe lower the temperatures for both sides? then in the next post literally spew complete nonsense like this. Does this lower the temperature in the rivalry?

I must have missed that one. Can you show me the quotes or stories where we had a coach publicly and openly telling players to rape women? Maybe we can put up a statue of Donnie Corley next to the Sparty or Magic Johnson statue.

Also hilarious that in one post you state ?last year?s incident will maybe lower the temperatures for both sides? then in the next post literally spew complete nonsense like this. Does this lower the temperature in the rivalry?

hold on. phillips is just on a roll here. just "let him cook" as the kids say

You're right, I misspoke. He didn't actively encourage it. He just established, through his recruitment of Auston Robertson, that sexual assault did not disqualify you from being a Spartan.

And I will not be participating in the game this weekend aside from watching on TV, so I'm not adding any fuel to the fire. I'm sure you're one of those "we fans need to focus on the game this week" people, aren't you?

You're right, I misspoke. He didn't actively encourage it. He just established, through his recruitment of Auston Robertson, that sexual assault did not disqualify you from being a Spartan.

And I will not be participating in the game this weekend aside from watching on TV, so I'm not adding any fuel to the fire. I'm sure you're one of those "we fans need to focus on the game this week" people, aren't you?

He took a chance on a kid with a seriously questionable past. I wouldn?t have done it, but he did. It backfired clearly, and he got kicked off the team while Dantonio looked like a moron for even offering him/signing him. You won?t see me defend something indefensible. But I?m also not going to act like coaches are fired up and giving helmet stickers to players that sexually assault women.

As far as the game, there?s nothing to really focus on. I won?t even watch and honestly part of me hopes it?s 70-0 and the stadium is 75% maize and blue to further embarrass the program. Make fun of Tucker and his idiocy all you want.

He took a chance on a kid with a seriously questionable past. I wouldn?t have done it, but he did. It backfired clearly, and he got kicked off the team while Dantonio looked like a moron for even offering him/signing him. You won?t see me defend something indefensible. But I?m also not going to act like coaches are fired up and giving helmet stickers to players that sexually assault women.

As far as the game, there?s nothing to really focus on. I won?t even watch and honestly part of me hopes it?s 70-0 and the stadium is 75% maize and blue to further embarrass the program. Make fun of Tucker and his idiocy all you want.

I don't think it would be possible to score 70 pts on MSU. You guys are poorly-coached and mistake-prone, but not THAT bad. That's like "Chris Ash era Rutgers" bad. But that would be kinda awesome.

I can't find what MSU's worst home loss ever was, but I assume 70-0 would be it.

MSU's Biggest home loss in the rivalry looks like 1983, UM won 42-0.

We've also got a pair of 31-0 wins in EL ('73 and '85)

UM's biggest home loss to MSU was 1967, 34-0.

MSU had a couple other big wins in Ann Arbor, but they were all prior to '67.

MSU's biggest win in Ann Arbor since then was a 17 pt win vs. RichRod in 2010.

kinda ironic how MSU fans accuse us of living in the past... best stretch in the rivalry was '50 to '67 (13-2-2)

And a night game to boot. The people-who-shouldn?t-be-in-charge need to make this a 12:00 game from now on. Of course, the machine in place can?t adjust its advance arrangements, since all the dominos are aligned.

So, expect carnage, rioting, and mayhem, unless Michigan is ahead 65-0 at the half, which might be the best scenario to extinguish the fervor.

I think I?ll stay home and watch from the convenience, comfort and safety from my sunny Southern California living room.

Kickoff is a little later than poolside hours.

Cool.

I won?t be in EL wearing maize and blue.

See the above.

Back