Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sparty +25

Cool.

I won?t be in EL wearing maize and blue.

See the above.

Will you be wearing Maize and Blue in LA? I mostly wear my Michigan shirt when watching games.

Some people are like "who cares? I'm at home, I wear what I want."

Will you be wearing Maize and Blue in LA? I mostly wear my Michigan shirt when watching games.

Some people are like "who cares? I'm at home, I wear what I want."

As I?m reading your post, getting ready to start the work day, I am currently wearing my white 2022 B1G Champions of football tee. MDen also sold a dark blue one, which I also own.

The 2022 championship shirt was not surprisingly a back to back championship shirt. Which I own.

I own Michigan championship shirts from hockey and baseball a basketball and softball.

I pretty much always wear Michigan gear when I?m not doing business.

I can afford to. I worked hard all my life and I?m semi retired.

I wish I had the pic to send you/post. When the old man passed to wherever he passed to, we literally folded up a Michigan tee and put it under his arm in the casket, it looked like a flag.

A flag of the United States, a Michigan flag.

Good way to go out.

He took a chance on a kid with a seriously questionable past. I wouldn?t have done it, but he did. It backfired clearly, and he got kicked off the team while Dantonio looked like a moron for even offering him/signing him. You won?t see me defend something indefensible. But I?m also not going to act like coaches are fired up and giving helmet stickers to players that sexually assault women.

As far as the game, there?s nothing to really focus on. I won?t even watch and honestly part of me hopes it?s 70-0 and the stadium is 75% maize and blue to further embarrass the program. Make fun of Tucker and his idiocy all you want.

Don't waste your time - this guy says this garbage knowing full well uofm recruited and offered Auston Robertson a scholarship just like OSU, PSU, Wisc, Alabama, ND, Va Tech, Pitt, 4 other B1G schools and a bunch of mid-majors. They dodged a bullet because Robertson rejected their shitty football team and now he acts like that gives him the moral high ground.

He also uses the widely debunked ESPN OTL report to impugn dantonio then uses mealy-mouthed excuses for why it's ok that uofm actually covered up sexual assault and threats of further sexual assault of the victim until the players in question ran out of eligibility.

There's no reasoning with clearly irrational people.

Last edited:
Oh, look. The lying fudd that thinks it's okay to drive when you're blackout drunk has arrived. I see you're still on about the singular example from 12 years ago (which I've already said repeatedly was not okay). It's hilarious that you have such an issue with the handling of that situation yet you have zero issue with your program bringing back the guy who oversaw a similar situation at your school. And I'm the irrational one.

Seems like every M-MSU-related thread devolves into this topic like a record that is stuck on a groove.

Oh, look. The lying fudd that thinks it's okay to drive when you're blackout drunk has arrived.

yeah, nice strawman. I never said anything remotely close to that.

I see you're still on about the singular example from 12 years ago (which I've already said repeatedly was not okay).

That "singular" example where a coed was raped then threatened with rape again if she didn't shut up was not 12 years ago and there's no statute of limitations on rape - regardless of how long your program and administration covers it up.

No one from MSU has ever said sexual assault was OK (another strawman - you're giving MC a run for his money). The whole point is that MSU handled the sexual assaults involving football players properly while uofm clearly covered it up. It's good to know you think rape isn't ok but covering it up is as long as uofm players are involved.

And please get off your high horse about Auston Robertson - uofm recruited him and offered him a scholarship too.

It's hilarious that you have such an issue with the handling of that situation yet you have zero issue with your program bringing back the guy who oversaw a similar situation at your school. And I'm the irrational one.

I have plenty of issues with bringing back Dantonio but his proper treatment of sexual assault allegations isn't one of them.

Yes, you are clearly the irrational one.

Last edited:
Seems like every M-MSU-related thread devolves into this topic like a record that is stuck on a groove.

I don't really remember much about it.

This SI article is PRETTY damning though. Dated Sept 2019.

Earlier articles mention he had offers from some other schools, UM, Alabama and ND. Not clear whether all those schools knew about his history of sexual assault; all that only came out with respect to MSU because of the lawsuit Curtis Blackwell filed. Other articles from during his recruitment period (like this) don't mention it at all. I'm guessing no one dug deeper on his criminal history until further along in the recruiting process.

Robertson went on to rape a teammate's GF at MSU and went to prison after he took a plea deal for a lesser charge.

Bad move on Dantonio's part.

MSU needs to clean up their act. The fact that they were desperate doesn't excuse paying him money to come and stand and scowl on the sidelines... which seems to be all he does now.

Oh, look. The lying fudd that thinks it's okay to drive when you're blackout drunk has arrived. I see you're still on about the singular example from 12 years ago (which I've already said repeatedly was not okay). It's hilarious that you have such an issue with the handling of that situation yet you have zero issue with your program bringing back the guy who oversaw a similar situation at your school. And I'm the irrational one.

Driving blackout drunk? Are we talking about that Jeff Jackson guy that crashed Warde Manuel's car all drunk?

yeah, nice strawman. I never said anything remotely close to that.

That "singular" example where a coed was raped then threatened with rape again if she didn't shut up was not 12 years ago and there's no statute of limitations on rape - regardless of how long your program and administration covers it up.

No one from MSU has ever said sexual assault was OK (another strawman - you're giving MC a run for his money). The whole point is that MSU handled the sexual assaults involving football players properly while uofm clearly covered it up. It's good to know you think rape isn't ok but covering it up is as long as uofm players are involved.

And please get off your high horse about Auston Robertson - uofm recruited him and offered him a scholarship too.

I have plenty of issues with bringing back Dantonio but his proper treatment of sexual assault allegations isn't one of them.

Yes, you are clearly the irrational one.

There you go with your lies again. Claiming strawman while doing exactly that yourself. Notice I never even remotely implied that it was okay to cover it up and, as I have pointed out numerous times, none of the people who were responsible for that are still employed by U of M and they certainly haven't been asked to return in an official capacity by the school. I can admit that I wasn't fully aware of the details of the Gibbons/Lewan situation and once I looked into it that I agree it was mishandled. I've also said that I would like to see the school sever themselves from both players and remove them from their records. Just stfu about this, it's a dead horse even if it is the one thing you have to point to.

You've repeatedly downplayed the severity of DUI, including one of the "super-drunk" variety, because it's inconvenient to your position. You've also continued to lie about Mazi being in a school zone (he wasn't), repeatedly used misleading language like "almost double the speed limit" and you even tried to imply that Mazi was going to shoot up the school that was only there in your made-up scenario.

Auston Robertson reported an offer from Michigan in July 2014. His last visit to Michigan was in May 2015 and he committed to MSU in June of 2105. He was arrested for sexual assault in January of 2016. Michigan was not pursuing him at this point and MSU had every opportunity to stop. But Dantonio not only elected to accept his commitment despite objections from multiple others at MSU including coaches and the athletic director, he actively lobbied to get him allowed in.

I noticed you finally backpedaled on your stance regarding Dantonio returning, which is progress. What I don't get is why you still feel the need to defend him when you are willing to admit that he did enough to make you uncomfortable with him returning. That is... irrational. I'm not the irrational one here.

There you go with your lies again. Claiming strawman while doing exactly that yourself. Notice I never even remotely implied that it was okay to cover it up and, as I have pointed out numerous times, none of the people who were responsible for that are still employed by U of M and they certainly haven't been asked to return in an official capacity by the school. I can admit that I wasn't fully aware of the details of the Gibbons/Lewan situation and once I looked into it that I agree it was mishandled. I've also said that I would like to see the school sever themselves from both players and remove them from their records. Just stfu about this, it's a dead horse even if it is the one thing you have to point to.

You've repeatedly downplayed the severity of DUI, including one of the "super-drunk" variety, because it's inconvenient to your position. You've also continued to lie about Mazi being in a school zone (he wasn't), repeatedly used misleading language like "almost double the speed limit" and you even tried to imply that Mazi was going to shoot up the school that was only there in your made-up scenario.

Auston Robertson reported an offer from Michigan in July 2014. His last visit to Michigan was in May 2015 and he committed to MSU in June of 2105. He was arrested for sexual assault in January of 2016. Michigan was not pursuing him at this point and MSU had every opportunity to stop. But Dantonio not only elected to accept his commitment despite objections from multiple others at MSU including coaches and the athletic director, he actively lobbied to get him allowed in.

I noticed you finally backpedaled on your stance regarding Dantonio returning, which is progress. What I don't get is why you still feel the need to defend him when you are willing to admit that he did enough to make you uncomfortable with him returning. That is... irrational. I'm not the irrational one here.

Pure garbage - just more lies, bs and obfuscation. This is all you need to know: Dantonio and the school properly handled allegations of sexual assault involving football players, regardless of what the debunked OTL report says. Uofm covered up a rape case for over 2 years. Those are the facts and they are indisputable.

And for the record, I haven't changed my stance on Dantonio at all. Go ahead and look for any quotes where I supported or even defended bringing him back. I won't hold my breath.

LOL, Pat Forde included MSU in his list of teams with someone "living rent free in their head":

One of the dumber fan comments is that their favorite team is living ?rent free? in the heads of someone?opponents, the media, whatever. Usually the fans are flattering themselves and inflating the importance of their own team ? but every once in a while the comment might be appropriate and accurate.

Among the many big showdowns this weekend, there are a few matchups that could be considered ?rent free? games for one side or the other. Perhaps both. The Dash breaks down who is bringing the emotional baggage to the stadium Saturday, and why:

Michigan-Michigan State (32). Whose head is being occupied: All of Spartan Nation?s, by the Wolverines. This may come as a shock, but Michigan fans can be rather pleased with themselves, particularly where they can mingle the vague attribute of ?class? with being good at football. And let?s just say Michigan State has given the maize and blue plenty of ammo to rain down upon them from upon high.

There was the ugly tunnel brawl in the Big House last year, which resulted in suspensions for eight Spartans and widespread condemnation of the program. Then there were the misadventures of Mel Tucker that led to his suspension in early September and firing later in the month. Michigan State?s season has gone in the tank since then, and chances of crawling out of said tank are slim Saturday.

What has to happen to evict Michigan from renting Spartan Nation?s brain: An inspired (and clean) effort from Michigan State and its fans. They don?t have to win, but they do need to show up and fight?without, you know, actual fighting

Good luck with that...

I actually see the MSU fan base as rather apathetic at this point. However, another rival did attack a 90 year old man after a lucky win and I personally feel that was more a response to Jim Harbaugh.

Maybe I'm missing it but personally I just want the team to get an early lead then get everyone important out of the game before to limit their exposure to the dirty shit that's inevitably going to happen.

I actually see the MSU fan base as rather apathetic at this point. However, another rival did attack a 90 year old man after a lucky win and I personally feel that was more a response to Jim Harbaugh.

Maybe I'm missing it but personally I just want the team to get an early lead then get everyone important out of the game before to limit their exposure to the dirty shit that's inevitably going to happen.

me too.

I think this is going to be a little tougher sledding that we hope or expect. But I may be wrong... we've been playing better as the season has gone on, and might be a better team on the field than we are on paper. I don't think we'll really know that until we play at Penn St. though.

LOL, Pat Forde included MSU in his list of teams with someone "living rent free in their head":

One of the dumber fan comments is that their favorite team is living ?rent free? in the heads of someone?opponents, the media, whatever. Usually the fans are flattering themselves and inflating the importance of their own team ? but every once in a while the comment might be appropriate and accurate.

Among the many big showdowns this weekend, there are a few matchups that could be considered ?rent free? games for one side or the other. Perhaps both. The Dash breaks down who is bringing the emotional baggage to the stadium Saturday, and why:

Michigan-Michigan State (32). Whose head is being occupied: All of Spartan Nation?s, by the Wolverines. This may come as a shock, but Michigan fans can be rather pleased with themselves, particularly where they can mingle the vague attribute of ?class? with being good at football. And let?s just say Michigan State has given the maize and blue plenty of ammo to rain down upon them from upon high.

There was the ugly tunnel brawl in the Big House last year, which resulted in suspensions for eight Spartans and widespread condemnation of the program. Then there were the misadventures of Mel Tucker that led to his suspension in early September and firing later in the month. Michigan State?s season has gone in the tank since then, and chances of crawling out of said tank are slim Saturday.

What has to happen to evict Michigan from renting Spartan Nation?s brain: An inspired (and clean) effort from Michigan State and its fans. They don?t have to win, but they do need to show up and fight?without, you know, actual fighting

Good luck with that...

says the guy who spends more time on RCMB than any Spartan fan...just another example of you complete and total lack of self awareness.

Quit defending Mel fucking Tucker and have some self-respect, if not a tad of this awareness you preach.

Back