Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spencer Torkelson

He's been a massive disappointment at the plate. I wasn't expecting greatness, but I thought he'd hit around .250 with a nice number of HRs.

Young kid that got rushed but we have vets that aren't any good. There's one good plus, he gets his fair share of walks.

Part of Torkelson's struggles are not enough games and at bats before the call up, part of it was a lost season with covid, and then the strike early this year and players had no contact with team manager or coaches thanks to Rob the shithead Manfred.
I remember Mike Schmidt's first couple of seasons and he couldn't bat .200 and then he went off on his HOF career. Let's see how he does the rest of this year.

3 things; sending him down won't help to face AAA pitching, and he is the only true first baseman they have. plus his fielding is excellent.

Part of Torkelson's struggles are not enough games and at bats before the call up, part of it was a lost season with covid, and then the strike early this year and players had no contact with team manager or coaches thanks to Rob the shithead Manfred.
I remember Mike Schmidt's first couple of seasons and he couldn't bat .200 and then he went off on his HOF career. Let's see how he does the rest of this year.

3 things; sending him down won't help to face AAA pitching, and he is the only true first baseman they have. plus his fielding is excellent.

I agree that sending him down now probably won't help.

As far as Manfred goes...if they don't lock the players out to get a deal done before the season, there is a great possibility that the players would be getting ready to go on strike right now. A lockout during the off season is much better than a strike mid season.

I agree that sending him down now probably won't help.

As far as Manfred goes...if they don't lock the players out to get a deal done before the season, there is a great possibility that the players would be getting ready to go on strike right now. A lockout during the off season is much better than a strike mid season.

I think its more about the lockout being over sooner, like say January, rather than April. But once the lockout happens, they don't talk for like 6 weeks. It could have been done much quicker..

I dont get the "sending Tork down won't help him" talk. Bullshit, he sucks and this piece of shit hitting coach obviously can't help anyone. Give a different set of eyes a chance

How has our hitting coach not been fired yet ?
How had Al Avila not been fired yet?

I dont get the "sending Tork down won't help him" talk. Bullshit, he sucks and this piece of shit hitting coach obviously can't help anyone. Give a different set of eyes a chance

you may be right. I think if he were to go back to AAA he would mash. Maybe it's a confidence thing???

you may be right. I think if he were to go back to AAA he would mash. Maybe it's a confidence thing???

Considering that every single hitter is seemingly having their worst year ever it leads me to believe it's an overall team approach. Seems like we fail to have quality scouting reports imo. The times we get a couple early runs pitchers have been able to adjust to what we're looking for and go on to mow us down.

Also, Tork just got sent down

Curious who the 1st baseman is gonna be. Harold Castro and Kody Clemens are the only other 2 guys that have played it this year. Really wish Kerry Carpenter could get a shot. If not at 1st, then put Castro there and let him play a corner of spot.

Well they gotta bring someone up to take torks spot

Agree . I am Ok with Clemens or anyone. But Bring up Carpenter ! Idk I guess I really don?t care. Avila is still is charge. I?m not holding my breath that any of his picks will take us to the playoffs anytime soon.

https://www.stitcher.com/show/locke...cer-torkelson-is-optioned-to-toledo-204958322
Locked On Detroit Tigers Podcast: Jace Jung is a Detroit Tiger and Spencer Torkelson is Optioned to Toledo. 42 minutes.

Today we discuss a lot as the Tigers drop two more games to the Cleveland Guardians, Spencer Torkelson is optioned to AAA Toledo, and Jace Jung and Peyton Graham are drafted by the Detroit Tigers in the MLB Draft.

Back