Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Spring Game 2023

Michchamp

Haven't seen a thread on this. It's tomorrow, 3 PM eastern (link)

Some nasty weather hitting much of the midwest tonight. predicted to be around 41F and windy for the game

I hope no one wears shorts. gotta dress warm to keep those joints limber

I just wish we had a stud WR. Id like to see us open it up a bit more and showcase JJ.

Just once, I'd like to go one season without anyone saying we need to throw it more

You can dominate the run game and buzz thru the big 10 just fine. But if we want to actually win in a playoff we will need to open it up. You're not lining up and pounding the Georgia's of the world. We couldn't even run consistently against TCU.

You can dominate the run game and buzz thru the big 10 just fine. But if we want to actually win in a playoff we will need to open it up. You're not lining up and pounding the Georgia's of the world. We couldn't even run consistently against TCU.

Are you going to be THE GUY this season? You know, the guy who reminds the board that we can't be a one-dimensional team, even though no one here is advocating that?

zyxt handled it in 2021, but no one really stepped up in 2022, that I recall.

I need to read posts like this after Week 1:

"Hey guys, running 40 times for 400 yards against East Carolina is great and all, but JJ only threw 10 passes all game. Not going to beat OSU playing like that. We need to open up the passing game."

Are you going to be THE GUY this season? You know, the guy who reminds the board that we can't be a one-dimensional team, even though no one here is advocating that?

zyxt handled it in 2021, but no one really stepped up in 2022, that I recall.

I need to read posts like this after Week 1:

"Hey guys, running 40 times for 400 yards against East Carolina is great and all, but JJ only threw 10 passes all game. Not going to beat OSU playing like that. We need to open up the passing game."

I've been asking for a WR to be worth a shit for a couple years now. Last years off season I was commenting on how andrel needed to step up... he didn't.

I think JJ can open it up... he did in the Ohio state game. I think we need a WR to be a more consistent weapon.... and JJ needs to be more consistent in passing production.

5 star QBs will stop coming here if they see JJ hand off 500 times, not progress and turn into an undrafted FA.

Like it or not our offense is pretty basic. Scheme isn't going to get a bunch of guys open... we need talent.

Last edited:
Back