Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford screwed out of the pro bowl

bestisbest

Manning got in over him. What a joke.

CJ named starter.

Staff, Suh, Delmas named alternates.

Avril also got snubbed, although the 3 choices ahead of him had insane years.

10 less touchdowns, 2 more interceptions, less victories, lower completion percentage, and you get in the pro bowl over Stafford? What a Joke.. Hopefully we will get to destroy that fuck in the playoffs.

Total Bullshit! Stafford had a much better year than Manning. I had a feeling Romo would get it, but Manning wasn't close to Stafford. NY bias again.

Thought Houston coulda had a shot if he wasnt injured those couple games. Suh hasnt done jack this year statistically....didnt really think he deserved to make it. Avril got hosed but theres too many big names in the NFC that play DE and then theres guys like Babin that have the crazy stats to back it up. I cant really argue against Babin, Allen or JPP lol.

Justin Smith made it at DT, the guy plays DE/OLB, he lines up at DT a few plays a game.

hopefully the Giants and Lions both win their last regular season games so they can face off.

The snub only bothers me from a point that he got overlooked for a lesser talent.

But honestly, I like the fact there is no chance of him getting hurt in a meaningless game now.

Seriously, I still worry about Stafford getting hurt.

A) Rodgers, Brees, or Manning make the Super Bowl, Stafford gets to play in the Pro Bowl and I still don't watch it
B) Lions make the Super Bowl and I don't watch the Pro Bowl
C) Dallas, Atlanta, or San Francisco make the Super Bowl, Stafford doesn't make it, and I still don't watch the Pro Bowl

That is very disappointing, hard to believe that Stafford was snubbed, but the the Lions franchise and its teams/players have traditionally/historically been the equivalent of the Rodney Dangerfields of the NFL, but over the past 50 years, they have all too often been deservedly so.

For one very good example, I remember when the Lions "traded" their star WR Ron Jessie, to the LA Rams in '75, for RB Cullen Bryant, prior to the start of the season, and Bryant flatly refused to report to the Lions, and instead went to court to challenge his transfer to the Detroit Lions under the Pete Rozelle Rule.

This came after Rozelle ordered Bryant off the Rams and sent to Detroit as compensation for the Rams signing free agent wide receiver Ron Jessie. After the Judge appeared sympathetic to Bryant's case, the NFL backed off and the Rozelle Rule was subsequently modified.

Not only did Bryant remain with the Rams, they also retained Jessie as well, so the Lions wound up getting doubly screwed.

I am pretty sure that Matt Stafford's girlfriend, Kelly Hall, was also hoping that he would have been selected to play in the Probowl in Hawaii, b/c she apparently loves to party in her bikini on the beach or on a yacht, while working on darkening her nut-brown suntan.

cool.png

From looking @ her cheerleader pics when she attended UGA, and comparing them to some that are more recently taken of her, it looks like she may have had a boob job done as well....gotta keep Staff's eyes from wandering...heh!!

hall_k_9266_image002.jpg

Kelly%20Hall%20Boat%20Bikini%20Pic.jpg

I remember before killer passed he had a discussion on twitter about who would get a ring first Kelly or Staff. The Lions are better but I still think it will be Kelly. Her brother is Chad Hall from the Eagles.

On NFL live talking head just said that he'd put Alex Smith in the pro bowl(as an emotional pick) over Stafford, because Stafford had an up and down year.

Staff got screwed. Should be in.

CJ is a given.

Suh would have made it sans "stomp"

Avril didn't have a shot. Not in todays game. He isn't nearly the player Babin, JPP and that crazy fuckin Viking are.

Tulloch, to me, is someone who should have received some consideration, not over Willis, but possibly Urlacher.

But i think the Lions biggest "snub" was Houston. Guy was great this year. Tillman is good, so is Carlos Rogers....but I'd take Houston this year.

Turok said:
That is very disappointing, hard to believe that Stafford was snubbed, but the the Lions franchise and its teams/players have traditionally/historically been the equivalent of the Rodney Dangerfields of the NFL, but over the past 50 years, they have all too often been deservedly so.

For one very good example, I remember when the Lions "traded" their star WR Ron Jessie, to the LA Rams in '75, for RB Cullen Bryant, prior to the start of the season, and Bryant flatly refused to report to the Lions, and instead went to court to challenge his transfer to the Detroit Lions under the Pete Rozelle Rule.

This came after Rozelle ordered Bryant off the Rams and sent to Detroit as compensation for the Rams signing free agent wide receiver Ron Jessie. After the Judge appeared sympathetic to Bryant's case, the NFL backed off and the Rozelle Rule was subsequently modified.

Not only did Bryant remain with the Rams, they also retained Jessie as well, so the Lions wound up getting doubly screwed.

I am pretty sure that Matt Stafford's girlfriend, Kelly Hall, was also hoping that he would have been selected to play in the Probowl in Hawaii, b/c she apparently loves to party in her bikini on the beach or on a yacht, while working on darkening her nut-brown suntan.

cool.png

From looking @ her cheerleader pics when she attended UGA, and comparing them to some that are more recently taken of her, it looks like she may have had a boob job done as well....gotta keep Staff's eyes from wandering...heh!!

[flash=350,287:espf2rap]http://www.youtube.com/v/mf2LfAjhsvE&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:espf2rap]
</td><td valign="top">
<html><head><title>Banner</title><style>html, body {margin:0;padding:0;}</style></head>
<body>
<script type="text/javascript">
var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");
var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
{
if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)
document.write('+']');
else
document.write('+']');
}
else
{
document.write('');
}
</script>
<noscript>

</noscript>

</body>
</html>

</td></tr></table>

He's getting screwed in the only way that matters, from the looks of it. Eff da pro bowl. Good on ya, mate...

lol my favorite of stephen A. smiths argument is that we are 4-4 since the 5-0 start...last i checked the giants are only a game above .500 lol...

half of us wanted carlos rodgers but eric wright was a good pickup.. i remember ppl sayin rodgers had brick hands and he was top 5 in the league for ints this year haha

Back