Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford

mojolio

Seemed like he was out of it late in the 4th quarter. Not as much energy/fire to try and win it. Did I miss something? Did he get hurt while I wasn't looking? I know he got hit a ton, but with just over a minute left I thought he would give a bit more effort considering we've already had some great comebacks this season, all lead by him.

Still looking forward to the rest of the season. 5-1 is a fantastic start for this team, and I can honestly say I didn't expect them to be undefeated going into MNF, let alone going into week 6.

I believe he was frustrated at his o-line. I know there was a point in the third quarter when he got sacked he was staring daggers at Backus.

yeah i would be super pissed at our o-line too. they were absolute shit today, and have been mediocre all season. i think gosder is gonna be cut after the season, if not soon.

Mayhew needs to revamp that OL. Get rid of the remaining poop on this team left behind by Millen(Dominic, Backus, Gos), keep Sims, and make some good moves in the draft and FA.

Meditatedkickaboxa said:
Doesn't matter if he was pissed or frustrated. He played a horrible game, with a lot of shitty throws.

Sure it does if the Oline is playing like crap. Cutler played like shit last week and people give him credit because his oline sucked. Maybe the same should go for Staff.

Just poorly called, planned, played, and executed overall by the coaching staff on down, IMO. But Backusup certainly gets to be the cherry atop the Lions' "shit-Sundae"

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Meditatedkickaboxa said:
Doesn't matter if he was pissed or frustrated. He played a horrible game, with a lot of shitty throws.

Sure it does if the Oline is playing like crap. Cutler played like shit last week and people give him credit because his oline sucked. Maybe the same should go for Staff.

Staff made some bad decisions early, and some shitty throws. Cuntlers throws were moslty on target even though he was running all over the place.

The fault lays with.

1. Head Coach. Detroit was not prepared today.
2. Offensive line. Shame on this group.
3. Scott lineham. He really has no imagination and never seems to go for the throat.
4. Gunther Cunningham.. Really.... Inside hand-offs to Gore..Like that was a shocker.
5. SF coaches.. Harbaugh's group schooled Jimmy's today.
6. Stafford... Looked like a third game rookie today..

Hopefully this loss will settle them down and get their focus in on playing more complete games. No reason why they should have lost that game if everybody pulled their own weight.

You'll talking all this shit about Stafford but he did what he was suppose to do today. He didn't win the game but he damn sure didn't lose the game. He put us in a great position to win but we couldn't get it done. He hit his targets in the hands in the redzone that resulted in dropped passes and other redzone incompletions were smart that resulted in points and not turnovers. He's not gonna complete 60+% of passes game in and game out. Lets be real

And lets not forget about the big first down drop from Pettigrew on 3rd and 5 on the final drive. Too many dropped passes today

Every time Alex Smith backed up and rolled his arms he was changing the play from pass to inside hand off to Gore. I could see that shit coming from 27 rows back yet they couldn't apparently.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Meditatedkickaboxa said:

cutler made amazingly accurate throws under pressure. stafford sucked for most of the game and was WAYYYY off on most of his throws.

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]The fault lays with.

1. Head Coach. Detroit was not prepared today.
2. Offensive line. Shame on this group.
3. Scott lineham. He really has no imagination and never seems to go for the throat.
4. Gunther Cunningham.. Really.... Inside hand-offs to Gore..Like that was a shocker.
5. SF coaches.. Harbaugh's group schooled Jimmy's today.
6. Stafford... Looked like a third game rookie today..

fairly accurate. One point people miss when discussing our team is that sure our pass defense has been great....but our secondary is still trash. The long gore run was totally on Spievey who whiffed in the whole. And for how much shit Delmas talks ALLLL game long....if we stop them on 4th down we win and instead he let a fat slow fullback cross his face and score the game winning touchdown. Not to mention he got trucked 4 yds into the endzone instead of making the tackle and securing the win.

after watching the SF td on 4th down a couple more times....i left out that carpenter blows chunks too. he decides to cover no one in his drop then runs right by walker.

that was the worst stafford has looked this season. granted san frans defense is pretty good and those corners aren't too bad at all. he threw some real bad passes. linehan could have ran at least 10 more screens, i mean, he only ran like 20 during that game. 3rd down conversions were pathetic.

san fran is the better team. they overcame the road, penalties, and alex smith to win. that's kind of a big deal.

Back