Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Steve Sarkisian HC?

wlvrnstlr4life

Some people will brush this off right away with the way Sark left USC. He had/has an alcohol problem. The guy has paid his dues. Saban gave him a 2nd chance and it looks like this guy has turned his life around big time. He knows offense better than most and now he has learned the Saban military way of life in college football(All I's dotted and all T's crossed). I think this could be the guy to turn Michigan around. He has huge recruiting chops and has ties all over the land. His USC teams finished 9th in 2014 and 2nd in 2015 to Alabama(by 1 point) in the 247 final team recruiting rankings. We all know the negatives about the past, but what about the good? He is only 46 and he has worked under Norm Chow, Pete Carroll and Nick Saban. The guy has pedigree and intelligence. I say give this dude a shot.

Imo gattis is the problem with this team. The offense is a mess. Gattis simply wasn't ready to make the jump from position coach to coordinator. That's on Harbaugh..sure. but i think Harbaugh as HC still gives us the best chance to win unless you get a Meyer. Maybe fleck? I don't think sark would come here.

I want Jim Leonhard from Wisconsin. Ill keep saying it until ut happens, but since JH won't be fired for another year or two, We'll probably get to watch him get the HC job at another B1G school and watch that team dramatically improve while we keep regressing.

I want Jim Leonhard from Wisconsin. Ill keep saying it until ut happens, but since JH won't be fired for another year or two, We'll probably get to watch him get the HC job at another B1G school and watch that team dramatically improve while we keep regressing.

Not putting your thoughts down, but what does Leonard have besides good defensive chops? How does he recruit? Does he know offenses? Leonard seems like a good dude, regardless.

Hiring Sarkisian reminds me of the thinking behind hiring all the other Belichick and Saban assistants that turn into huge disasters.

Except in this case, we already know Sarkisian is dishonest and an alcoholic.

What could go wrong?!?!

Hiring Sarkisian reminds me of the thinking behind hiring all the other Belichick and Saban assistants that turn into huge disasters.

Except in this case, we already know Sarkisian is dishonest and an alcoholic.

What could go wrong?!?!

I know another coach that had alcohol issues and got hired here.

And to add, he's not just a Saban assistant. Saban gave him his second chance. He was a head coach already at Washington and USC. If anything he learned how to have order and discipline over the last 4 yrs. I'm not saying he's the right choice, I'm just saying he's a choice that can't make anything worse than it is now.

Last edited:
Imo gattis is the problem with this team. The offense is a mess. Gattis simply wasn't ready to make the jump from position coach to coordinator. That's on Harbaugh..sure. but i think Harbaugh as HC still gives us the best chance to win unless you get a Meyer. Maybe fleck? I don't think sark would come here.

Have you seen a Don Brown Defense? Not sure Gattis is the problem, or should I say the only problem.

Also Im sick of them switching players after every play. Damn big d linemen run more on and off the field than just playing. I personally think its stupid.

Have you seen a Don Brown Defense? Not sure Gattis is the problem, or should I say the only problem.

Also Im sick of them switching players after every play. Damn big d linemen run more on and off the field than just playing. I personally think its stupid.

Don Brown's defense puts cbs on an island. Weve always known that. The problem this year is the front 7 has been decimated. Hutchinson paye and mcgrone injuries.... there's not enough talent to get pressure.

On offense they should have nico collins and tarik black starting on the outside. Instead we have 4 slot wrs running all over. And we stuck with milton wayyyy to long....it took me one half of football to realize hes not a qb.

I hate making injury excuses.... but the losses on defense and weapons on offense equated to just too many aspects of the team going thru a rebuild at the same time. New oline, new wrs, new qb, new secondary and a bunch of back ups on the dline.

Back