Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Student Tickets

bamf16

Last time I bought student tickets, there was no validation process like there is now. I planned on driving up for the OSU game on my own, but the wife wants to come, so I'm looking for pairs.

I can find single seats in the student section, but I'm hoping someone up there now can help me out with this. If I buy two singles for the wife and me in the same section, but different rows, are we going to get a rough time from people if we move around within the section? 12 years ago when I was doing this, there was no issue, hoping it's like that now.

If I buy one in like section 27 and one in section 31, will we be able to jump sections?

Thanks.

Well its certainly possible, the ushers seem to be more vigilant this year. Take my word, they are watching more closely. You are nearly guaranteed to be better off finding 2 tix in the same section (or at least 1 away) either both above row 70 or both below. There are no ushers past the gate entrances (about row 70) checking tix. You still will need to jockey for position with the immature students experiencing the aftermath of their fist beer. After the validation fees, stress of trying to sit together, and immature fans, I'd recommend finding 2 non-student tix. I think the higher price will be worth it in the long run... of course maybe thats just the start of me getting older.

Yeah, the last time I sat in the student section the ushers were a little more persistent at checking to make sure you were in at least the correct section but other than that I would say it shouldn't be too much of a problem (especially if you get higher up). I've noticed that the students seem pretty lame this year and the top section always seems a little light. I'd at least buy them in the same section from there it shouldn't be TOO much of an issue squeezing one person here or there.

Back