Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Sugar Bowl vs West Virginia?

GoBlueInAtlanta

CBS just showed it on their predictions.

Much better than Houston in so many ways.

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
Jever4321 said:
There would be a lot of Maize and Blue in the Big Easy that week!

Hey man, you're avatar got drunk and fell over.
It looked sideways on my phone yesterday, but it looks upright on my laptop this morning.

They changed it last night, it was only WVU for like 30 minutes. Now it's Kansas State with the caption reading (Kansas State or Baylor will probably earn the other at-large slot, so we'll go with the highest-ranked team.)

Got reservations for the Marriott on Canal St. in the French Quarter. Walking distance from the Dome. Let me know if anyone else is going

brad4dburger said:
Got reservations for the Marriott on Canal St. in the French Quarter. Walking distance from the Dome. Let me know if anyone else is going
Make reservations at the restaurant N.O.L.A. It's in the French Quarter. I haven't been there since Katrina, but it was a favorite.

So these at large bids, do certain bowls have a right of first pick?

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]So these at large bids, do certain bowls have a right of first pick?

I'm pretty sure they do. But I don't know the pecking order.

The bowl that lost the team that is #1 in the BCS rankings has first dibs. The bowl that loses the team that is #2 in the bcs ranking has 2nd dibs. I don't know how it goes from there

So

If LSU is #1, then the Sugar bowl would get first pick, because they are contractually obligated to get the SEC champ

If Alabama is #2, then I have no idea who gets the 2nd pick, because they'd be an atlarge selection officially and a BCS bowl wouldn't lose them

IF Ok St is #2, then the bowl game affiliated with the Big 12 gets the 2nd pick (can't remember which one that is right now)

Back