Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh is being criticized for his sack celebration

manchild98

Apparantly people didn't like the discount double check. I've seen it mentioned in every game recap article and now yahoo has an article about it. He's the new bad boy.

Suh celebrates sack of Matt Flynn by mocking Aaron Rodgers
By Chris Chase

Unless there's some new celebration by transference thing I don't know about, Ndamukong Suh mocking Aaron Rodgers' championship belt move after a sack in Sunday's Detroit Lions-Green Bay Packers game was the dumbest thing that happened during the early games in Week 17. Oh, maybe it wasn't as bad as this or this, but it was an insult to all good sense and taunting decency. And isn't that just as bad?

For, you see, Aaron Rodgers wasn't playing on Sunday. He was resting for the playoffs. His backup, Matt Flynn, started in his place. So Suh celebrated a sack of Flynn by derisively performing Rodgers' signature move. That's like sticking out your tongue while posterizing John Paxson.

It's not as if Suh and the Lions defense could tell the difference between the two, I suppose. In a game that was pivotal in determining Detroit's playoff path, Suh's defense made Flynn look like Rodgers, Favre and Starr combined. The backup threw for a franchise record 480 yards and six touchdowns in leading the Packers to a 44-41 win that was meaningless for them, but potentially devastating for Detroit.

Instead of traveling next week to play in New York or Dallas, the Lions will have to go down to the Superdome to face the red-hot New Orleans Saints. It's cool though. Suh still got in that wicked shot at Rodgers, who stood watching from afar with a winter cap on his head.

If the Lions beat the Saints, they would travel back to Lambeau to face Green Bay in the divisional playoffs. In that scenario, Rodgers could pay back Suh with a little bit of his own medicine. All he'd have to do is juke Cliff Avrill and then stomp on Avrill's arm. By Suh's estimation, that'd be a classic diss.

They should have made a story about their helmet to helmet hit on a defenseless receiver and then standing over him and taunting him after he just let up a TD. The announcers didnt even say a word about it....but they were the first ppl to start crying about the lions any time they did something questionable.

This is the dumbest article ever. There are so many things you could complain about, but he chose Suh's sack celebration? Ridiculous

It was kinda dumb for him to do. He's not even playing lol and your defense is getting tore up.

Not a big deal though. Players have done it before and they talked about it.

I think the move itself is dumb, I mean really the dude can't come up with something better than that shit. Have some originality #12, or at least pay someone to come up with something original.

Don't they have anything better to write about like why they can't get any pressure on a QB

Lol this was the dumbest article of all time...this guy was really that offended by Suhs taunt that he has to write an entire article about it? Jesus someone is super sensitive

tbone413 said:
Lol this was the dumbest article of all time...this guy was really that offended by Suhs taunt that he has to write an entire article about it? Jesus someone is super sensitive

He wrote another one about Stevie Johnson's celebration today. Johnson lifted up his shirt after he scored and it said Happy New Year. The coach benched him. Although in the article the guy said he likes Johnson's celebration.

How pussy is football getting when we need articles written by sports writers about the celebration after a play?

Suh has begun to disappoint me with his antics this past season, and we don't need him doing that stupid juvenile shit, regardless of if the Lions were winning or had won this last game.

Ndama-lama-ding-dong is fast becoming kind of an anti-hero to me, nearly the polar opposite of how Barry Sanders conducted himself on the field. I still remember back then, when the Lions would lose on the road, and as the team left the field, most of the Lions players would get razzed by their opponent's fans, but they never did that with Barry.

ALL defensive players celebrate sacks. Most have celebration routines.

Give me a break. Maybe they should talk about the QB doing the stupid move in the first place. I didn't realize Rodgers had a patent on that move.

Did anyone see the Giants Cruz's TD celebration tonight. He started doing a salsa dance and they immediately piped in salsa music over the stadium PA. Personally, I don't have a problem with it. But clearly that's a premeditated/choreographed celebration isn't it???

The belt is something that came from a practice. Its not like rodgers was sitting at home thinking it up like a wr lol

What does that have to do with anything. Players do celebrations all the time that others have done. What's the big whoop.

You guys were saying it was dumb.

Its just something that happened in a practice and the team has fun with it. Packers have great chemistry

manchild98 said:
Did anyone see the Giants Cruz's TD celebration tonight. He started doing a salsa dance and they immediately piped in salsa music over the stadium PA. Personally, I don't have a problem with it. But clearly that's a premeditated/choreographed celebration isn't it???
he does that every TD

Maize&Cheese304 said:
You guys were saying it was dumb.

Its just something that happened in a practice and the team has fun with it. Packers have great chemistry

Aside from whether it's dumb or not, were you, as Packer fan, insulted/offended/upset that Suh imitated it? Is Suh a bad guy for doing that?

Perhaps I'm jumping to conclusions, but I'm thinking you probably don't think it's that big of a deal...which it isn't.

I wonder if there'll be outrage since Laurent Robinson imitated Cruz's salsa dance after scoring?

Back