Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh Quote

Eddie said:
I don't think so. Harrison drops into coverage about 30% of the time vs. 6-8% for Ware, he still managed 15 or 16 sacks that season and 3 or 4 more FF. He also played the run better than Ware. He was the more complete defensive player that year. I think they got it right.

Not a chance I agree with any opiniated part of that response. Ware covers just fine even if he isnt asked to as much. Harrison has Woodley on the other side, Casey Hampton eating the middle, Polomalu lerking EVERYWHERE, and a great scheme in Pittsburgh...Dallas had DWare, Ratliff and Wade Phillips with NO secondary. James Harrison is a beast but I think Ware was the DPOY and is a better overall player than Harrison. I actually think Woodley is a more ocmplete player than Harrison.

sunnydlitex123 said:
Every year Suh has come out of the gates and made his presence known in the pre season and sent the message that he means business...

I think that this will be the only decapitation this year.

Yeah, hes been doing this for years now.....

If he has 200k in fines this year and injures 5 qbs....im fine with it. Weve had to play for 2 years without our starting qb....time for other teams to do the same
laugh.png

mhughes0021 said:
If he has 200k in fines this year and injures 5 qbs....im fine with it. Weve had to play for 2 years without our starting qb....time for other teams to do the same
laugh.png

our starting QB goes on IR when he falls to the turf.

Beez said:
Eddie said:
I don't think so. Harrison drops into coverage about 30% of the time vs. 6-8% for Ware, he still managed 15 or 16 sacks that season and 3 or 4 more FF. He also played the run better than Ware. He was the more complete defensive player that year. I think they got it right.

Not a chance I agree with any opiniated part of that response. Ware covers just fine even if he isnt asked to as much. Harrison has Woodley on the other side, Casey Hampton eating the middle, Polomalu lerking EVERYWHERE, and a great scheme in Pittsburgh...Dallas had DWare, Ratliff and Wade Phillips with NO secondary. James Harrison is a beast but I think Ware was the DPOY and is a better overall player than Harrison. I actually think Woodley is a more ocmplete player than Harrison.

Dallas secondary ranked 5th in pass yards allowed that season. Ratliff was a stud then and Philips is actually a good defensive coordinator. You are making arguments for the lack of talent Ware has now vs. 2008 when Dallas was a good defensive unit. Does Harrison have more talent around him to work with? Yes. Ware had some good talent around him in '08 as well but Harrison outperformed him in virtually everything in '08. Are you supposed to snub him instead because he took advantage of his opportunities? You don't make the "what if" arguments when awarding trophies. Otherwise maybe if Matthews didn't have a leg injury and miss a game, you say he was snubbed. It happens. IMO, they got it right.

Pass Rush Productivity in '08
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2009/08/03/pass-rushing-productivity-2008/

They ranked Spencer a Top 5 3-4 OLB overall the past 3 years.
Harrison #1 and Ware #2

3-4 OLB Rankings '08-'10
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/07/18/making-the-grade-3-4-outside-linebackers/

Go out in public and tell people anytony spencer is a top 5 olb. That shows you how good those rating are.

Beez said:
Go out in public and tell people anytony spencer is a top 5 olb. That shows you how good those rating are.

It says he didn't have a good '10 which strengthens his case for a solid '08 and '09 and obviously guys like Clay Matthews and possibly Orakpo will be way ahead of him when they accumulate another season to give them three. Suggs isn't a OLB so he doesn't factor in. In '08 which is the year in question, I doubt you can find anyone who would have said he wasn't a Top 10 OLB even if you ignore the metrics and go solely off opinions.

Just so we're all clear, Suh never said that embarrassing line some hack job writer with a fan boy crush did.

The timing of the whole thing sucks. Granted, they would have still most likely brought the issue up, but since there is absolutely nothing else going on worth talking about, we get to hear about this for the whole week. Now I really hope that we have a decent year, because there's nothing worse than a "dirty" player on a terrible team.

Back