Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh suitors

af1991

"Defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh has one more year remaining on his contract with the Detroit Lions, but he is expected to invoke an option to get out of the deal and test the free-agent market during the offseason.

Predictably, he is expected to get plenty of interest from deep-pocketed suitors.

"The sources told Yahoo Sports there could be as many as 10 teams interested in making titanic pitches to Suh," wrote Charles Robinson.

"Among those in play, the sources said, if Suh hits the open market? The Jacksonville Jaguars, Cleveland Browns and Oakland Raiders ? the three teams expected to have the most cash to spend in free agency.

"The New York Jets were also expected to show interest ... The Falcons were also named as a team that is expected to be interested ..."

Robinson cited other sources who said that the Lions are "keeping the [franchise tag] option on the table," despite a monster cost of $26.7 million for 2015.

Surely, this is the biggest offseason maneuver upon which the Lions will have to act during the offseason, but it's not the only defensive tackle contract they will have to address:

That's some shitty list..Cleveland :hmm:. Oakland :hehe: Jacksonville :lmao:

If I'm an owner or president or general manager, my "cap" guys are doing a shitload of how can we afford Suh scenarios for the next 2 months.

Last edited:
I'm sure most teams can afford him if they structure the contract like the Lions do...just give him a shit ton up front and take the cap hits later.

The Falcons could be an interesting suitor for Suh if they hire Rex Ryan.

I'm sure most teams can afford him if they structure the contract like the Lions do...just give him a shit ton up front and take the cap hits later.

Problem is they would be in the same boat we currently are..no way to offer the franchise tag.

Guy on the huge show who writes for the lions (Tim twenty man) says the Lions are going to franchise him..

cap goes up 10 million... His hit is already 22.5 or thereabouts.. H will get a max deal at 26 or 27.. its 4 million more hit....
Suh is staying..

I hope not. Players don't like getting franchise so one year at 26+ and he gone. I rather just sign him to 16m a year for 6-7 years.

Screw that I don't him for that much either. Twenty man, unless he works for Mayhew, it's just a guess..

Last edited:
I thought for sure he'd absolutely be gone. But now I really do think we will use the franchise tag on him if they have to.

And unless they win a SB it's a waste. Why not just take the money and get several players..

Guy on the huge show who writes for the lions (Tim twenty man) says the Lions are going to franchise him..

cap goes up 10 million... His hit is already 22.5 or thereabouts.. H will get a max deal at 26 or 27.. its 4 million more hit....
Suh is staying..

That doesn't make sense. We are expected to have 20 million in cap space. And 40 people on the roster. If we franchise such we will be 6-7 million over the cap and 12 people left to sign to fill out a team. Not possible.

Interesting fact. Franchising him would make his cap hit 36 million total for 2015.

That's is as irresponsible as anything I have seen in sports. No single player is worth $26M in today's NFL. Not even Brady or Manning would get that much if I was the GM. Impossible to build a SB caliber team with that financial handicap. Throw in his probable multi-game suspension being a high possibility, paying him that is worse than bending over.

Mayhew should be fired for even thinking it.

I am just relaying what was said on the radio show today... The guy who follows it (Tim Twenty man said all this.) I will try and find his articles.. He said all those.
The NFL cap space goes up 10 million.
Suh already is making 20+ million. .I think he said 22.... The guy on the radio did not say anything about his hit being 36 million.... He said all t would go up is 4 million for suh from ths year to next....

Just the messenger... Go ahead and shoot me...I know a bunch of you know more then I do..

Last edited:
He also said Lions are in win mode now.
2-3 year window with a young of guys under contract.
Prater loves Detroit..said they gave him a shot afer
his problems.. Told his agent to get a deal done fast with Detroit..

Last edited:
I am just relaying what was said on the radio show today... The guy who follows it (Tim Twenty man said all this.) I will try and find his articles.. He said all those.
The NFL cap space goes up 10 million.
Suh already is making 20+ million. .I think he said 22.... The guy on the radio did not say anything about his hit being 36 million.... He said all t would go up is 4 million for suh from ths year to next....

Just the messenger... Go ahead and shoot me...I know a bunch of you know more then I do..

Twentyman works for detroitlions.com. He's their mouthpiece. If he says it it's true. Welcome back Suh. Mayhew slightly redeems himself after screwing the pooch with Suh to begin with. Shoutout to my Portlandia homie 503 who broke the news here first on DSF!

Last edited:
In football I don't think you're ever in a win now mode. Maybe a GM but as far as the players, and the cap - you keep on getting guys. It's football not baseball.

There is little more then 9 million cap hit regardless if he is on the team. Franchise would be around 27. So 36 total.

Other players were structured lower this year to absorb the big suh 22 million hit. There is no way we can franchise him.

Just will not happen, he is wrong. Simple as that. I'm willing to bet anything with anyone, that's how confident I am.

Twentyman works for detroitlions.com. He's their mouthpiece. If he says it it's true. Welcome back Suh. Mayhew slightly redeems himself after screwing the pooch with Suh to begin with. Shoutout to my Portlandia homie 503 who broke the news here first on DSF!

Redeems himself? How by cutting some guys and have no way to pay replacements..

Back