Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh to Dolphins?

man if that happens I'm gonna give my father-in-law some shit for all the times he gave me shit about Suh being a Lion.

How many teams lose their superstar franchise player that they drafted??

How many teams lose their superstar franchise player that they drafted??

Peppers, Mario Williams, Drew Brees, Charles Woodson to Packers from Raiders.

Colts just chose to stop paying Manning big money. Lions can choose to stop paying Suh big money

Last edited:
Lol that would sure be a kick in the nuts if Calvin left too.

Horrible reporting. It's not a done deal if they haven't talked yet. Title should say, "Dolphins to go all-out for Suh".

If they have talked, I am sure there would be some tampering charges.

Since Suh doesn't belong to a team at the moment I don't think Tampering occurs. I believe after March 3, any team can talk to any FA - just can't offiially sign them.

Since Suh doesn't belong to a team at the moment I don't think Tampering occurs. I believe after March 3, any team can talk to any FA - just can't offiially sign them.

Any free agent you are not allowed to talk to until the window. Lions have his rights of private talks right now.

Teams are tampering like crazy. Lions should get all 32 1st round picks this draft.

I don't know how it works. I know the 49ers just signed a guy that was released by the Cards. Free agents may be different than players that are released.

I don't know how it works. I know the 49ers just signed a guy that was released by the Cards. Free agents may be different than players that are released.

That is true. If you are released from your contract....you are free to sign with any team immediately. However, if you are a free agent, you must wait until the 10th.

i.e. Vince Wilfork could sign with the Lions right now.....because he was released.

Weird, I know, but dem's duh rools!!

They can start talking with him on the 7th and a deal can be reached/official on the 10th. If teams are talking/negotiating with his agent/him they would be tampering. If a player is cut they can sign right now as others have posted.

Sounds similar to when we signed Vanden Bosch like as soon as FA started. Claimed They were camping outside his home until FA started to contact him.

Sure Miami will just claim the same thing.

In case you don't have ESPN Insider (Colts unlikely in on Suh)

Unless the Detroit Lions lock up Ndamukong Suh to a new contract before Tuesday, he will be eligible to sign with any team as a free agent. About the only basic requirement for a team to pull it off will be having enough cap space to sign him to a mega-deal. We can count the Indianapolis Colts amongst those teams, since they have more than $67 million in projected cap space.

Will they make a successful run at him?

"ased on what I've seen and heard as the Colts formulate their free agency strategy, I would not place too big a bet on Suh landing in Indianapolis," wrote Stephen Holder of the Indianapolis Star. "And, believe it or not, the reason is only loosely related to the huge financial commitment it would take.

"Suh is certainly intriguing to the Colts. But they aren't entirely sold on whether he's an ideal fit for their defense.

"After spending his entire NFL career in a 4-3 defense, playing the classic 'three-technique' defensive tackle position, joining a team like the Colts [3-4 defense] would entail a significant change in style for Suh. It's so significant that it's enough to give the Colts reason for pause."

Arguably, though, Suh wouldn't have a problem making such a switch.

"He can fit any scheme. You can use him like J.J. Watt as a 3-4 attacking defensive end or certainly as a tackle in the 4-3," said ESPN NFL Insider Matt Williamson. "He's the type of player that anyone who runs any scheme would want."

In fact, Williamson considers the Colts, Oakland Raiders and Cleveland Browns as the best fits for Suh:

Matt Williamson
Best fits for big-name NFL FAs
"In order to land Suh, a team is going need to spend a lot of money. The Raiders, Browns and Colts all could use a player on defense to build around on the interior and a major upgrade on the defensive side of the ball, plus they have money to boot. Suh fits any scheme and can be used in a variety of ways. He's an every-down player, and although it has gotten him into trouble in the past, he brings an aggression like few others in the NFL. We know the Colts and Browns aren't afraid to make big splashes with signings or draft picks, and the Colts, being a contender, could be a very attractive landing spot for Suh. The Jaguars, Jets and Titans also have a ton of money to spend, but Suh has stated that he wants to go to a bigger market than Jacksonville, defensive line is the least of the Jets' roster concerns for New York and Tennessee could select USC D-lineman Leonard Williams with the second pick of the draft. Rarely does a player of Suh's value actually hit the open market and avoid the franchise tag. Any team in the league that can make Suh's new contract work under their cap should be in the market for him."

Back