Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh to meet with Goodell

I think he gets flagged for "perception" of unnecessary roughness. Remember when he got flagged for pushing cutler down to hard last year. He's so big and strong that it just looks like his being to rough when he's really not.

I hope he gets his point across to Goodell becuase it is absolute BS how much he gets flagged for crap that wasn't unnecessary roughness IMO.

TigerMud said:
I think he gets flagged for "perception" of unnecessary roughness. Remember when he got flagged for pushing cutler down to hard last year. He's so big and strong that it just looks like his being to rough when he's really not.

I hope he gets his point across to Goodell becuase it is absolute BS how much he gets flagged for crap that wasn't unnecessary roughness IMO.

suh has somewhat of a point for doing this...i believe he either got fined for the cutler thing or the barber tackle...he appealed his fine and it was only lowered instead of whiped out...that doesn't make much sense..and i'd be pretty mad

maybe goodell can remind him how to get to the qb
laugh.png

This can't hurt. Suh is a well spoken and intelligent individual. If Goodell is reasonable and lets Suh talk without making up his mind first, then we might see that whistles don't come so frequently.

Fans and players complain about the penalization of hard nosed football, Suh is the definition of hard nosed football. Perhaps Goodell will talk to the officials and the media then makes Suh a hero hard worker instead of a dirty villain.

Lol.

"Memo to all referees, Suh is not to be flagged" -- Goddell.

You want to influence Goddell, hire Ced Benson's lawyer.

mhughes0021 said:
maybe goodell can remind him how to get to the qb
laugh.png

Suh has been great this year. Is he getting the sacks like last year? Nope, but he's eating up double and triple teams. I'm not worried because he plays hard every play.

Suh may not be getting the stats last year but just because you dont get the sack doesnt mean you didnt help cause it. yesterday they did real well at staying in the running lanes and trying to keep tebow in the pocket. Also we played the screen passes really well. The only drive we didnt play well with the starters in there was the 1st one. After that they played well.

wheels002 said:
Suh may not be getting the stats last year but just because you dont get the sack doesnt mean you didnt help cause it. yesterday they did real well at staying in the running lanes and trying to keep tebow in the pocket. Also we played the screen passes really well. The only drive we didnt play well with the starters in there was the 1st one. After that they played well.

He was the one getting trap blocked by fullbacks for 2 weeks also. His play vs the run has been subpar this far. Ofcourse hes taking on double teams....we rarely rush more than 4 and who in their right mind double teams a de?

Why do you think the other guys do so well, Avril, Bosch and even the LB. Its all about Suh.

mhughes0021 said:
wheels002 said:

He was the one getting trap blocked by fullbacks for 2 weeks also. His play vs the run has been subpar this far. Ofcourse hes taking on double teams....we rarely rush more than 4 and who in their right mind double teams a de?

yeah delaney walker destroyed him a couple times. i think it's just an adjustment that the coaches and suh are going to have to make. he has to recognize the play better. but as slick says below, avril and kvb should kiss his feet in thanks for eating up double teams.

I am very appreciative of the opportunity to sit and speak with the commissioner and his staff to clarify a few questions about my play, and the game in general. I have gained a better understanding how I need to play the game to help my team win.

I look forward to the rest of the season and the doing everything we can to bring the lombardi trophy to Detroit.- Suh's Tweet

[flash=350,287:bq5swd50]http://www.youtube.com/v/O73eLRTsJ-Y&hl=en&fs=1[/flash:bq5swd50]
</td><td valign="top">
<iframe src="http://images.proboards.com/banners/300x250_14.html" width="300" height="250" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>
</td></tr></table>

And if Suh is not happy with the outcome, he can go all Deacon Jones on Goodell. I think that Suh should borrow some of Jones's language from this video to explain his viewpoint.

I think Suh just wanted to show Rodger the Cutler hit and Barber "horse collar" again and clarify why they still fined him for legal hits and stop slapping fines on him for BS!

The league is a complete joke when you watch the tape on those 2 hits and still fine someone. I can see the argument fir flagging him in real time but anything other than an apology from the league office afterwards is ridiculous....they should fine goodell for being ignorant.

I don't have a problem with him asking for explanations on why he's getting flagged and fined - especially since a large chunk of the flags he's drawn have been bs.

That hit on Cutler last year still pisses me off. One of the worst calls of the season

Back