Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Suh top 5 for most disliked athlete

There is an agenda against this kid I am becoming convinced from the NFL calling him evil v. Tebows good. Shananigans is what i say.

Go complete bad ass, be the modern day Mean Joe Greene. Like Sir Charles says whatever you do 50% will love you 50% will hate you. Except that isn't what his Mad Men handlers are telling him about his Q rating.

Let people hate.

It does not affect how he plays, so let people hate him all they want while he destroys their O-lines.

MI_Thumb said:
Let people hate.

It does not affect how he plays, so let people hate him all they want while he destroys their O-lines.

He didn't "destroy" many O-lines this year... well at least not as many as he did his rookie year...

Suh pressured the QB 27 times according to PFF which lead interior lineman says Kevin Seifert in his blog entry for the All NFC North team...Suh did just fine this year as far as "destroying" O-lines. Just did not get as many sacks...

"I used a similar approach in choosing the Vikings' Kevin Williams and the Lions' Ndamukong Suh as my defensive tackles. It's true that the Bears' Henry Melton led the NFC North's defensive tackles with seven pressures, but PFF had Suh with 27 quarterback pressures, an NFL high for an interior lineman. Williams tied for No. 3 with 25. Melton wasn't that far behind at 23, but I also took into account that the Bears nearly benched him for inconsistency at one point in the season. (Coach Lovie Smith in November: "He hasn't showed up as much. Whether teams have adjusted to him or whatever, we need to get more production from him because he's capable of it." Meanwhile, I thought Packers defensive lineman B.J. Raji took a step backward in 2011. PFF credited him with only 10 stops (the cumulative number of plays made that constitute an offensive failure) in 842 snaps."

Hey, if he plays well and leads the Lions to a championship or two...he can be the most hated player of all-time for all I care.

What I don't want to see him do...

- Shy away on most plays in fear of being called for every little thing

or

- Become a cheap-shot artist whose play declines every year

Humphries is on the list? LOL.

Also, the top 5 are black... mixed in Humphries case. Racism.

kmd47 said:
MI_Thumb said:
Let people hate.

He didn't "destroy" many O-lines this year... well at least not as many as he did his rookie year...

You gotta get that sack total out of your head. There is so many things he can do besides make a sack.

All I really care about is how Suh will be perceived by the officiating in the games that he plays in going forward.

I just don't care about those fans of other teams in the NFL disliking or even hating Suh, his teammates, as well as the city that they represent, b/c some if not many, probably couldn't locate Detroit on a US map, even if they were spotted both Great Lakes of Michigan and Huron.

Turok said:
All I really care about is how Suh will be perceived by the officiating in the games that he plays in going forward.

I just don't care about those fans of other teams in the NFL disliking or even hating Suh, his teammates, as well as the city that they represent, b/c some if not many, probably couldn't locate Detroit on a US map, even if they were spotted both Great Lakes of Michigan and Huron.

Because the people of Detroit could pick out other cities on a map?

lipsrsealed.png

The officiating is the only thing that worries me as well and it is not just Suh that has the Ref's eyes on our squad. Suh just gets the most attention because he became the face of the Detroit Lions after his rookie year. All eyes are on him and whatever he does good or bad is going to be amplified. If we are not too careful we could end up like the Raiders and officiating crews will be icing their shoulders from throwing flags on us because they will pay that much more attention. All teams do some "dirty" things and all teams find ways around breaking some of the "rules", but when the refs are watching you very closely you cannot get away with as much...

Who gives a fk. So he has a few penalties, all the good ones do. I hope he slams them all to the ground.

I am not saying that he needs to change the way he plays in any way...Just keep his cool after whistles blow. The "stomp" this year was one of many stupid penalties by our players this year that just should not happen. It would be interesting to see how many yards we lost after the whistle. I love his tenacity and players should fear him. He demands respect and demands a lot of attention and want him to continue blasting QBs and RBs while blowing up OLines. It only creates more fear when going up against him! :)

One fkn stomp. He also had questionable calls like the one with Cutler that was a clean play. He's fine.

I know he is fine and the stomp is an issue that should not happen again. He needs to play with the same aggression but not get stupid flags like that...Nobody needs to get stupid flags like that. It is free yardage for the other team. I can deal with late hits or helmet to helmet if it is not a blatant launch at the other guys head...But a stomp like that does not have a place in the game in my opinion. I am not ok with giving up yards for crap like that. I am not saying that he is a bad guy because he lost his cool one time either. I am just saying that both him and the other players in our locker room should learn from that. We should not have players "pushing" or touching the refs either or taunting after a kick return... Those are stupid penalties that can cause momentum shifts...Like I said I can deal with penalties for late hits or facemasks and other things that just happen when you are playing the game. I do not like to see stupid penalties AFTER plays are finished.

Back