Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Supplemental Draft

They may have used that 4th rder to move up but it's not like they couldn't pull it off with out it. And how are you mentioning Greg Little and Julio Jones in the same sentence? One of those receivers will be dominating the NFL for 10 years while the other will be at best a number 2 wide out. Average receivers can put up huge numbers on a bad team with no other options. Look at Mike Furreys numbers in 06. Where is he today?

Julio is a freak and those kind of receivers don't come around often. Think if Detroit had taken anyone other than Calvin in 07. We would have at least 2-3 more losses and miss out on the playoffs. Playmakers son. You can't pass on top talent even if you're trying to fill holes. That's the reason Detroit was so awful for so many years.

At least Cleveland got it right and made a move on Richardson. Could of had both Bama boys though.

Reread what I said. I never said Little was on the same level as Jones but to say he is going to dominate for ten years. Let's make sure that he can stay healthy first. I wanted AJ Green over JJ so when AJ was taken I was all for trading down. JJ is a deep threat, Colt McCoy would not have gotten Jones the ball down field like they did in Atl and that is his strength. So then they might have been forced to draft Tannihill or another QB and not drafted Richardson.

As for Calvin your right I thought the Browns got the best parting gift to not get Johnson and got Joe Thomas. Adrian Peterson would have been a close third but he has stared to wear down already and Thomas still has a good six years to be a dominating LT. But it still just comes down to QB play. CJ played on a team that lost every game. But when Stafford had one of the best seasons for a young QB they make the playoffs. Playmakers need someone to get the ball to them. The lions seem to have found that Im hoping the Browns did with Weeden.

Reread what I said. I never said Little was on the same level as Jones but to say he is going to dominate for ten years. Let's make sure that he can stay healthy first. I wanted AJ Green over JJ so when AJ was taken I was all for trading down. JJ is a deep threat, Colt McCoy would not have gotten Jones the ball down field like they did in Atl and that is his strength. So then they might have been forced to draft Tannihill or another QB and not drafted Richardson.

As for Calvin your right I thought the Browns got the best parting gift to not get Johnson and got Joe Thomas. Adrian Peterson would have been a close third but he has stared to wear down already and Thomas still has a good six years to be a dominating LT. But it still just comes down to QB play. CJ played on a team that lost every game. But when Stafford had one of the best seasons for a young QB they make the playoffs. Playmakers need someone to get the ball to them. The lions seem to have found that Im hoping the Browns did with Weeden.

Yep, it was win win for Cleveland in 07. I'm just happy the Lions didn't draft Gaines Adams like Marinelli wanted.

Look at CJ's #s with Shaun Hill throwing to him when Staff went down for those two years. Pretty damn impressive. You want to talk about a weak noodle arm. Shaun Hill makes Colt look like Marino.

Back