Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Talk about no patience at all...

inkfreq

The Nats fired Matt Williams today? The guy was NL Manager of the Year last season.

Yes, they underperformed... but dayum son... it happens in baseball. This seems like a kneejerk reaction to me.

Listening to MLB XM on the ride home tonight. Williams lost the team end of last year. Something about not using Storen, Clippard, another reliever or even Strasburg.
Lineups, Werth ripped the lineup off the wall where it's posted and had words with him.
Clean sweep all the coaches as well.

We bring back dumbassmus, fat daddy Lamont and crew. Tigers trying to save a few million with this move.

Listening to MLB XM on the ride home tonight. Williams lost the team end of last year. Something about not using Storen, Clippard, another reliever or even Strasburg.
Lineups, Werth ripped the lineup off the wall where it's posted and had words with him.

We bring back dumbassmus, fat daddy Lamont and crew. Tigers trying to save a few million with this move.

I'm not a fan of management letting players run a good manager off. Sets a damned bad precedence.

If player can run a manager off, I don't know that I would call him "good".

I would also put very little stock in manager of the year awards. You win that if you have a good team, not necessarily because you're a good manager.

He kept having one of those guys warming up during a game over and over and never brought him in. He brought him in the next game and the guy got lit up. Things seemed to have snowballed from there.

He kept having one of those guys warming up during a game over and over and never brought him in. He brought him in the next game and the guy got lit up. Things seemed to have snowballed from there.

Thanks Ty. I didn't have the complete details.

The Nats were a mess this year and the players were clearly not listening to Williams late in the season. He pretty much had to go.

Back