Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Targeting

jever4321

The NCAA is out of control with this rule... No way was Boulden targeting cook on that play... Basically fell on cook...

I did to ..I guess I just do not understand the rule...frustrating.

Ridiculous call. I can't believe it was reviewed and upheld. I thought they might pick up the damn flag after reviewing the play...

This is the real mystery! HOW can you "review" that and not pick up the flag. Two horrendous calls last week and now this week. Cost Michigan their leading tackler too. Outrageous! The refs should have to pay fines for calls like that. Not just because it cost Michigan either. That was just a terrible call by the refs and review. And they picked up the flag last week when NW made a similar hit on Rudock. NCAA definitely has to do some remedial training for the refs on this.

This is the real mystery! HOW can you "review" that and not pick up the flag. Two horrendous calls last week and now this week. Cost Michigan their leading tackler too. Outrageous! The refs should have to pay fines for calls like that. Not just because it cost Michigan either. That was just a terrible call by the refs and review. And they picked up the flag last week when NW made a similar hit on Rudock. NCAA definitely has to do some remedial training for the refs on this.
the weird thing is I thought the call was on the first guy to make the hit (not Bolden). I thought there might be a penalty cause he hit him after he slid, but they'd refrain from tossing someone (hence the "under further review" part of the ref's call).

I guess they decided that there was not undisputed evidence that Bolden was NOT attempting to target Cook'' head once he was already being thrown down upon him anyways.

Which I must confess, it's something I probably would have thought of doing once I was on the way down there myself.

I mean what the fuck, right?

Someone will try to convince you it had no impact on the game. That someone won't be me.

I guess they decided that there was not undisputed evidence that Bolden was NOT attempting to target Cook'' head once he was already being thrown down upon him anyways.

Which I must confess, it's something I probably would have thought of doing once I was on the way down there myself.

I mean what the fuck, right?

Yeah, I am sure Bolden was thinking as he was being thrown down, "I can take a free shot on the QB's head here because they will think that I am being thrown down on top of him by a Sparty player so they will never suspect that I have actually planned this all out. Now I just have to get him to throw me down just in the right way and the right time. Genius!"

That one was terrible by the refs, by that belly flop by Henry showed the D was not mentally at their best. They looked like they all came down with a cold virus, and Harbaugh's red nose kinda looked like he had one too. Something was amiss intensity wise, a cold virus going through the team is what I suspect. It isn't an excuse, they had their chances but mentally collapsed. Tough loss, hope they recover for next week.

Bottom line.....it was a bullshit call. Move on and win the remaining games. State still lucks into a win.

Bottom line.....it was a bullshit call. Move on and win the remaining games. State still lucks into a win.

Sorry but it's to tough a loss in my opinion. Even bad teams don't blow this type of lead...gag of monstrous proportion and going to be hard to recover from in my opinion. .to much not playing to win in my opinion. Could have salted the game easily with a better game plan and play calling in the game.. frustrating as hell...no way in hell we win at msu next year with a new qb.. I still cannot believe it was targeting..

Last edited:
Sorry but it's to tough a loss in my opinion. Even bad teams don't blow this type of lead...gag of monstrous proportion and going to be hard to recover from in my opinion. .to much not playing to win in my opinion. Could have salted the game easily with a better game plan and play calling in the game.. frustrating as hell...no way in hell we win at msu next year with a new qb.. I still cannot believe it was targeting..

Yeah, I think it was more of "playing not to lose" the last 1:47.

State will have a new QB too tho, so that (should) be a wash. The only thing UofM "had" this year which probably won't happen next year is they were facing a pretty banged up MSU Defense. But even then, Harbaugh is a great coach. UofM is past the days of getting embarrassed, and I think they will have a chance in every game under Jim...regardless of where it's played.

Should have been Morgan. He made helmet to helmet contact on a sliding QB.

State will have a new QB too tho, so that (should) be a wash. The only thing UofM "had" this year which probably won't happen next year is they were facing a pretty banged up MSU Defense. But even then, Harbaugh is a great coach. UofM is past the days of getting embarrassed, and I think they will have a chance in every game under Jim...regardless of where it's played.

well that last play was pretty damn embarrassing...

I hope so but the offensive play calling was putrid today..

Back