Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tate a Lion

On the other thread as well...

Tate: "Yes I am taking the deal (with Lions). 5-yr deal for $31M + $13.25M guaranteed."

Don't even tell me you don't like this signing. Tough kid who is fearless, has an attitude, doesn't drop passes, put up more than solid numbers in a run-first offense, a great PR and a hard to tackle WR. Great signing!!

Don't even tell me you don't like this signing. Tough kid who is fearless, has an attitude, doesn't drop passes, put up more than solid numbers in a run-first offense, a great PR and a hard to tackle WR. Great signing!!

Of all the FA WRs he was the best available IMO. Perfect fit for the Lions because he CATCHES THE BALL!!!!

2% drop rate last year - welcome, a million times welcome.

no, i like it..typing from phone i keep it short

Of all the FA WRs he was the best available IMO. Perfect fit for the Lions because he CATCHES THE BALL!!!!

I was on the emmaunel sanders train if we were going to spend 6-7 mil per on a slot type. not a real good reason why I liked him over tate. but if drop % was any consideration than tate was a great choice....guy is solid. If we were going to sign a #2 I wanted to see Nicks or Britt in this offense on 1 year deals. Ill say it again...only reason ill be upset with mayhew on his is if he settles and we roll into next year with JUST calvin and Tate. he gets Moncrief, Nicks or Britt in here and we'll be ready to roll.

I was on the emmaunel sanders train if we were going to spend 6-7 mil per on a slot type. not a real good reason why I liked him over tate. but if drop % was any consideration than tate was a great choice....guy is solid. If we were going to sign a #2 I wanted to see Nicks or Britt in this offense on 1 year deals. Ill say it again...only reason ill be upset with mayhew on his is if he settles and we roll into next year with JUST calvin and Tate. he gets Moncrief, Nicks or Britt in here and we'll be ready to roll.

Same. Ideally Matthews, that's a formidable trio.

for sure would have put Matthews in that list.....just think he goes late first. If hes there in rd 2 hes a no brainer.

He might play in the slot in 3 wr formations, but unless a wr falls to us i think he's our #2. No complaints from me.

tate is getting alot of respect from the seattle fans on facebook

for sure would have put Matthews in that list.....just think he goes late first. If hes there in rd 2 hes a no brainer.

Walter has Matthews mocked to us in the second, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went before that, I'm hoping him or ASJ. Mayhew probably thinks we are set though.

Walter has Matthews mocked to us in the second, but I wouldn't be surprised if he went before that, I'm hoping him or ASJ. Mayhew probably thinks we are set though.
to be honest though, Walter has been absolutely terrible this year for mocks. extremely biased for certain players that don't deserve it and has absolutely no love for others.

to be honest though, Walter has been absolutely terrible this year for mocks. extremely biased for certain players that don't deserve it and has absolutely no love for others.

I found that too. They stick with certain guys, unless they make some drastic changes between now and draft day I'll be shocked if it is even close to how the draft will actually pan out.

yup..those have been my 2 guys too. I have this curse that everyone I like end up going higher than expected. I think both of them end up being gone. At this point id be fine with Moncrief in rd 2.....his 40 time was surprising. he looked a lot better when I had him mocked to us in rd 3.....but it is what it is lol. 6'3'' running a 4.40 with production in the SEC....good value in rd 2.

Back