Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Taylor North Michigan wins LLWS

biggunsbob

Michigan only 2nd every little World Series title ever.

All American this year. Only loss was Hawaii in the double elimination portion 2-0 1 hitter.
But avenged that in semifinals 2-1. Beat Ohio 6-2 for championship,

Second win over Ohio. Beat them 9-1 in regional final.

Last edited:
Not sure why the tournament was double elimination till semifinals then single elimination but it was.

Probably not.

If you were a world champion would you?

You just never know. Dads tend get kids to root for the team they root for So who really knows. I know it?s all in jest and I get it. Michigan football has sucked for a really long time.

It?s funny Michigan football has been losing so much there wasn?t even a mention from the kids. Now to be fair they asked the kids 1 questions .food, team , actor or player . Pretty sure the Ohio team didn?t mention a college team. The Michigan kids mentioned 2 college teams .Freaking Msu and Ohio st. Figures Michigan?s best player is a Osu fan lol. The Michigan pitchers were in trouble slot in the game and then would get strikeouts to save the day and one big mistake when runner on third thought it was the third out and left the base. Catcher threw to third and he was tagged out.

Both teams had a 643 double play.

Also highlights

https://youtu.be/vlw8kOd6W0k

Last edited:
The final score was 5-2. Mentioned because the game's final out was an F8 with the bases loaded.

The final score was 5-2. Mentioned because the game's final out was an F8 with the bases loaded.

I recall you mentioning once that Metro Detroit had been a hotbed of baseball talent back in the day.

Assuming this result is a trend, and not a fluke, maybe this is a sign of positive developments for the region?

I recall you mentioning once that Metro Detroit had been a hotbed of baseball talent back in the day.

Assuming this result is a trend, and not a fluke, maybe this is a sign of positive developments for the region?

I don't know. Teams from Michigan have made it to the LLWS since the last title in 1959, as recently as 2018. So I expect that there are small pockets of really good ballplayers in the state that happen to be from the same area, but not consistently. Talent pools are not nearly as organic as when I was a kid.

I submit that (at the risk of nostalgia) that a team of the best 12-year olds from my LL City association of the 1960s would have beaten either Michigan or Ohio. Don't get me wrong, those kids are good, but we played a more far visceral version of baseball than I see personally today among this age group. And we were more athletic in the field.

Another important reason why I believe this is that we played on a field with a 52-foot mound and 75-foot bases, and we had numerous pitchers who threw with comparable velocity and command from that distance as the pitchers I saw yesterday, who had a 6-foot advantage in distance from the rubber to the plate.

Shrinking the field to 46/60 for us would have been a huge advantage. And with the aluminum bats? We used wood bats. Put those kids on "our" field? They would struggle in our element.

Last edited:

That?s pretty optimistic.

Yes the top of the sixth was really dicey. A few walks a few hit batters a single and good ahead run was at the plate with 2 outs. Not sure if he was Ohio?s homer threat or the batter before him but like byco said f8 to win the game.

Yes the top of the sixth was really dicey. A few walks a few hit batters a single and good ahead run was at the plate with 2 outs. Not sure if he was Ohio?s homer threat or the batter before him but like byco said f8 to win the game.

I appreciated that the Taylor coach let the pitcher clean up his own mess and trusted him.

I appreciated that the Taylor coach let the pitcher clean up his own mess and trusted him.

I agree. Although if it got closer I mean if had to been pulled. I am glad he got out of it as he was struggling for sure. That team from Taylor and Hawaii were the 2 best teams . Hey do you know why it was doubled elimination until the semifinals? Not sure how that format worked. That Taylor team had like 4-6 different pitchers I think that could pitch. I think the were 14-1 or 15-1 going into that final game against Ohio. Ohio fans on YouTube are bitching about the umps horrible strike and ball calling. Yeah he was bad but the Michigan kids attack the ball better. I guess since or was a all American LLWS two teams from each region made the World Series . So when Michigan played Ohio in the regional final both teams were already in. Michigan blasted them 9-1. So two games the scores were 9-1 and 5-2. The best team won.

Last edited:
Both teams had a nice 643 double play in the championship game.

Man the 2-0 loss to Hawaii the Michigan kids only got 1 hit but the hit the ball hard right at the Hawaii defense which was fabulous that game.Both of those games were great. 2-0 loss and a 2-1 win. Center fielder for Hawaii took a homer away from the best Michigan hitter in the 2-0 loss. His glove was Definitely over the fence.

Last edited:
I agree. Although if it got closer I mean if had to been pulled. I am glad he got out of it as he was struggling for sure. That team from Taylor and Hawaii were the 2 best teams . Hey do you know why it was doubled elimination until the semifinals? Not sure how that format worked. That Taylor team had like 4-6 different pitchers I think that could pitch. I think the were 14-1 or 15-1 going into that final game against Ohio. Ohio fans on YouTube are bitching about the umps horrible strike and ball calling. Yeah he was bad but the Michigan kids attack the ball better. I guess since or was a all American LLWS two teams from each region made the World Series . So when Michigan played Ohio in the regional final both teams were already in. Michigan blasted them 9-1. So two games the scores were 9-1 and 5-2. The best team won.

The only reason why I can say that the double elimination ended with the semi-finals was to get the tournament completed in a certain time frame. And it does also potentially add an additional five games to a team that loses in the semis and eventually wins the WS. It could also make the team that is 2-0 wait several days to play again as the losers eliminate each other.

Last edited:
Nadal Wins 2nd Major ?de-an? unduh,? Mate

With eight grand slams wins NOT on clay, Nadal would be tied with Jimmy Connors for 7th on the all time victory list if Roland Garros weren?t counted for anyone.

Only Djokovic, Federer, Sampras (who never won on clay), Roy Emerson, Rod Laver and Bill Tilden (not a career grand slam champion) have more grand slam wins not counting wins on clay.

That?s pretty good for a ?one trick pony.?

Back