Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ted Ginn Jr To Visit

lions2011

Ex SF WR/KR Ted Ginn Jr will visit the Lions.

as per Birkett and Richardson

i expect titus young would beat him out and ginn would just get cut, so not sure but seems like a waste of time. or is he to potentially replace logan?

zyxt9 said:
i expect titus young would beat him out and ginn would just get cut, so not sure but seems like a waste of time. or is he to potentially replace logan?

Ginn would be a WR 4 here...he knows that

I thought Logan was horrible last year. I assume this is a no brainer and they want him to be the return man. I'm not sure the Lions care about what he can do at WR.

zay44 said:
I thought Logan was horrible last year. I assume this is a no brainer and they want him to be the return man. I'm not sure the Lions care about what he can do at WR.

he is also good for that gadget shit they run....even when he'd be out there in a 4 WR set you'd have to pay attention to him.

IMO he'd be a decent pick up

keep stovall as #5 wr? pretty decent 5 wr set formation to cover entire field it would seem

Stovall is an excellent special teams player. He'll be here.

Ginn is gonna visit this afternoon instead of tomorrow. I'd be surprised if he walks away without a deal. He is a huge upgrade over Logan.

All in the price. Ginn has been a premier returner, but we probably don't have huge value placed in that position given how well our offense can move anywhere.

Just because we have a good offense don't mean they don't wanna upgrade a problem. Logan had the 2nd to worse average when returning punts and had the most fair catches. Good special teams play can make a huge difference. Ginn would help that.

zay44 said:
Just because we have a good offense don't mean they don't wanna upgrade a problem. Logan had the 2nd to worse average when returning punts and had the most fair catches. Good special teams play can make a huge difference. Ginn would help that.

Ginn had the luxury of blockers in SF. Our special teams are brutal.

I disagree with that. I watched Logan fair catching balls when there wasn't a guy within 10 yards of him. Blocking could be better, but still Ginn is 10 times of an upgrade over Logan back there.

This news only excites me for the Lions in Madden '13. Ginn would be nasty in that O!!

In actual football news. I think he's certainly an upgrade from Logan. But the Lions are cap strapped already and I cant see them spending the money if they don't plan to incorporate him in the offense too, not just a KR/PR.

I would be fine with him as #4 WR and a KR. He wont make much over the min unless a team gets stupid and pays him more than he is worth.

Yeah Ginn is an upgrade over Logan and the number 4 WR. Get it done Mayhew. Plus it frees up a roster spot because as Logan can be cut and Ginn replaces Stovall.

Back