Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Thank You Scwartz et al.

tsbilly

I was born and raised in Ann Arbor and have always been a huge sports fan. Much of this was because of my Father.

I have seen Michigan football win numerous Big Ten Titles and a National Championship. I have seen Michigan basketball win a National Championship as well as great seasons with the Fab Five. I have seen the Tigers go to the World Series (Alive, but too young in '84) I have seen the Pistons win three championships, one in person. I have seen the Red Wings be the dominant NHL franchise for two decades.

However, never in my life have I heard my Father be so hopeful and happy over a sports team. In his entire life the Lions have won a single playoff game.

Thankfully, for some reason, I have always been a huge fan of UM football and Red Wings hockey. I have been justly rewarded.

I have never been much of an NFL follower. (UM was great during my young years then I went to GVSU 1999-2003. I never needed the Lions to be good)

Tonight, talking to my Dad on the phone, I could hear the smile on his face. I live hundreds of miles away and, through the phone, I got hyped just listening to him recount the game.

I always wondered why he got upset over the Lions. "They are the Lions" I always thought. I was just thankful we had Barry for a while (and forever in Tecmo Super Bowl).

Thank you Jim Schwartz. Thank You Cunningham, Linehan Stafford, Suh, Vanden Bosch, Johnson, Avril, Delmas, etc.. I had a special moment today, and I know my Dad did.

This is not the same old Lions.

I don't thank any of them. I've been here for 45 years, they've been here for 3. If anything they should thank me.

I'm not thanking anyone, it's been 3 freakin' games, win something more than that and I'll consider it.

thank them for doing their jobs....nope

thank them for finally putting a product on the field that doesn't make me ill every Sunday.....nope

I'll thank them when Im sitting on Woodward watching the parade.

Back