Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Thanksgiving

zyxt9

Sure it is a long way off, but to think there is a remote possibility that both the Lions and Packers could enter the game undefeated is a thrilling thing to contemplate. Long way to go, but still fun to think about!

At a minimum the whole "Lions don't deserve to play on Thanksgiving..." BS should be non-existent this year!!!!

Wow, the Lions still undefeated by Thanksgiving is quite a long stretch of their winning, how about shooting for, say...Devil's Night @ Broncos first?

;)

Won't be undefeated

I guarantee you the Lions will have another first half like they did today against another team, except that other team won't collapse in the 2nd half like the Vikings did.

In all intents and purposes the Lions should have lost today. They're playing with house money.

:)

House money is one way to look at it. I know the Vikings have been HORRIBLE in the 2nd half this year, but why take anything away from the Lions? We moved the ball much better on offense, and the defense stepped up in the 2nd half too. We won a game when we didn't play our best...that's a good thing...on the road too.

Bill Musgrave has some questions to answer though...why not give AP the ball on 3rd &1 or 4th &1?

It was about the fact, Minny's game planning in the 2nd half sucked. The Lions get mucho credit. But Minny gets a thanks also :)

It's all about the Monday night game against Chicago!!! That will be the biggest regular season game in a long while for the Lions.

I think for us fans but its still just one game in the reg. season.

those plays when AP didn't get the ball couldve been primarily out of fear of our dline by their dcoordinator.

Turok said:
Wow, the Lions still undefeated by Thanksgiving is quite a long stretch of their winning, how about shooting for, say...Devil's Night @ Broncos first?

;)

I will be at that game

doubt it. he was chewing us up in the first half.

The vikings should have kept running him and throwing screens to beat our d-line. instead mcnabb threw at his receiver's feet almost every snap.

illimitabilities said:
Turok said:

;)

I will be at that game

Hope that you see the Lions put up a W, and maybe Suh and/or Fairley uncorking Tim Tebow's helmeted head from the rest of his padded and unied body...

:)

How was he chewing us up in the first half? He had 51 of his 78 yards on the first drive of the game and 43 of them 78 yards came on 1 run. After that drive in the first half he had 8 carries for 21 yards. They stopped running him cause he couldn't run. After that 1st drive total the rest of the game he had 13 carries for 27 yards.

Nonetheless, "you give the ball to AP". Why, because of my favorite quote "To. Win. The. Game".

zyxt9 said:
Sure it is a long way off, but to think there is a remote possibility that both the Lions and Packers could enter the game undefeated is a thrilling thing to contemplate. Long way to go, but still fun to think about!

At a minimum the whole "Lions don't deserve to play on Thanksgiving..." BS should be non-existent this year!!!!

Please stop... This type of talk was all the rage in 1980 after a 4-0 start... One game at a time baby..... One at a time...

[color=#006400 said:
biggunsbob[/color]]
zyxt9 said:

Please stop... This type of talk was all the rage in 1980 after a 4-0 start... One game at a time baby..... One at a time...

Yeah as a team who hasn't sniffed any kind of success in so long..talk about undefeated that far down the line makes fans look dilusional and just waaaay exaggerated. 3-0 can turn itnot 9-7 fast. I know he was only "half serious" but still....1 game at a time buddy lol

Easy guys...it was more from looking at which teams remain undefeated and the fact the Lions and Packers don't play each other until Thanksgiving coupled with all the trash talk about how the Lions don't deserve to play on Turkey Day over the past decade. As I said in the OP, it was just a contemplation of a remote possibility.

I'm quite certain the Packers will have at least a loss by then anyway. ;P

Back