Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The 2020 how you would have done it post-draft draft

mhughes0021

Quin had good value in this draft and filled several needs. I would have focused more on the defense.... he focused more on the run game. how would have you drafted with what was on the board at the time using BQs trades and where we selected.

3 okudah cb. With no trade down option he was the right pick at the biggest hole on our team. We simply didn't have a 2nd starter.

35 ross blacklock dt. Upgrade over Shelton.

67 zach baun edge. I wanted him in rd2. He fell... not sure why.

75 jonah jackson G. Loved this pick. Should start day1.

121 Anthony McFarland jr rb/kr. I would have rolled with kerryon and bo... then brought in McFarland as your change of pace and starting kr/pr. Dude is electric.

166 jake fromm qb. Back up with potential.

172 bradley anae edge. Pass rush help

197 quez watkins wr. Speed

235 hunter bryant te

Last edited:
My defense
Flowers blacklock hand
Collins davis tavaii Baun
Okudah harmon walker trufant

Okudah
Edge Gross Matos
Dt Davon Hamilton
Jonah Jackson same trade
Stenberg same trade
5th round trade up Tyler Johnson give up 7th
Larrell Murchison DT with next 5th
OT Prince Tega Wanoho in 6th

This is always fun

Okudah
Gross-Matos
Baun
Jackson
Eason
KJ Hill
Quez Watkins
Cornell

Those two picks would have been their best two picks of the draft (value wise)

Sooo guys no one wanted and lasted till the 6th and 7th rounds would have been there two best picks?? Wild take.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...a-tagovailoa-trade-chip-too-risky/3038700001/

This is why Quinn is just not a good GM. Has absolutely no foresight or guts to make other teams pay for what they want.

I am pretty confident everyone and their parents knew that Miami lusted after Tua.

By coming out and adamantly endorsing Stafford and getting on his knees to pray at his alter, Quinn blew any chance he had to get value out of the #3 spot.

Sooo guys no one wanted and lasted till the 6th and 7th rounds would have been there two best picks?? Wild take.

I didn't say they would be the best players...just great value where they would have been taken in my draft. KJ Hill would be able to take over for Amendola in one year and Watkins is the Burner the Lions need to stretch the field.

Also...it's just a gut feeling. I could easily be wrong!

Last edited:
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/s...a-tagovailoa-trade-chip-too-risky/3038700001/

This is why Quinn is just not a good GM. Has absolutely no foresight or guts to make other teams pay for what they want.

I am pretty confident everyone and their parents knew that Miami lusted after Tua.

By coming out and adamantly endorsing Stafford and getting on his knees to pray at his alter, Quinn blew any chance he had to get value out of the #3 spot.

were talking about pretty simple and basic communication between a GM and Player. "Hey Matt...were going to throw you under the bus and create some smoke so we can build value for the #3 pick...cool?"

were talking about pretty simple and basic communication between a GM and Player. "Hey Matt...were going to throw you under the bus and create some smoke so we can build value for the #3 pick...cool?"

Yep. Or just say nothing at all.

Gutless on Quinn's part. There is a reason the best GMs are where they are. They know how to play the GMs that are behind the curve.

I said it before, he's got the Avila syndrome. He basically makes all his intentions public and cripples his players' value.

Yep. Or just say nothing at all.

Gutless on Quinn's part. There is a reason the best GMs are where they are. They know how to play the GMs that are behind the curve.

I said it before, he's got the Avila syndrome. He basically makes all his intentions public and cripples his players' value.

Meanwhile, he crushes his rosters value by having a dickhead as a HC that apparently only former patriot players can live with. Therefor, he has to pay everyone 10 mil a year to come here.

Last edited:
Quinn was more worried about someone jumping him for Okudah if he moved 5. Someone could have traded with the Giants then we lose out on Okudah.

Stafford had a 106 rating and he looked elite last year. Of course you endorse Stafford.

Tua injury history screwed the Lions as the Chargers/Panthers/Jags/Raiders didn't want to trade up for a risk. And the Lions didn't want to move that far down either.

Stay at 3 and take Okudah

Meanwhile, he crushes his rosters value by having a dickhead as a HC that apparently only former patriot players can live with. Therefor, he has to pay everyone 10 mil a year to come here.

Lions are well within the cap. In great shape actually with 2nd most space even after "overpaying" all these FAs
Vaitai got 9 per, Collins 10 per, Trufant 10 per cheap for a CB really. Marvin Jones 8 per which was a great deal.

Flowers got paid and worth it. Patriot guy
Coleman we shall see at 9 per but had a low cap hit last year
James so far not worth it and cut after this year if he doesn't produce. Didn't kill our cap
Amendola pretty cheap for a starting slot due to age. But he was solid
Lang and Wagner worth it at the time but they make the contracts well so Wagner cut saved us 6.1 million. Lang cut saved us a bunch too. Kennard cut saves a bunch. Cut bait on the back end if they aren't producing or have injury issues.

Contracts aren't the problem. Injuries were, mainly to Stafford. More depth now than they ever had. No reliance on starting RB, WRs deeper, three good tackles, guards/center is deep now too.

DT has rotation with Hand/Shelton/Williams and Atkins/Strong or Penisini. JACK has Collins/Okwaras and Austin Bryant. Collins can move all over. Davis can move all over. Tavai year 2. Ragland solid depth. Christian Jones now depth.

CB 3 good ones. AO with potential behind them. Mike Ford with some experience along with Daryl Roberts who has started years.

Safety two good starters. Harris year 2 and Kearse with experience with the Vikings

The league considers Chase Daniel a good backup for some reason. He has some experience and good vet. That is improved but wouldn't say good. Would be nice to have 3rd or 4th round pick in the wings. Would have liked Eason in Round 4 but going to love Stenberg too.

Hell KR/PR has depth now

Last edited:
Quinn was more worried about someone jumping him for Okudah if he moved 5. Someone could have traded with the Giants then we lose out on Okudah.

Stafford had a 106 rating and he looked elite last year. Of course you endorse Stafford.

Tua injury history screwed the Lions as the Chargers/Panthers/Jags/Raiders didn't want to trade up for a risk. And the Lions didn't want to move that far down either.

Stay at 3 and take Okudah

There is no way a team is trading up to take Okudah

There is no way a team is trading up to take Okudah

In a first round where 6 corners got drafted including guys like Arnette and Igbinoghe, I don't doubt one bit that someone would have traded up to 4 with the Giants to snag Okudah, especially with it being known that they were willing to move down.

In a first round where 6 corners got drafted including guys like Arnette and Igbinoghe, I don't doubt one bit that someone would have traded up to 4 with the Giants to snag Okudah, especially with it being known that they were willing to move down.

ok, so what if someone did trade up to #4 to get Okudah.

Henderson, Ross Blacklock & Gross-Matos would be much better for this team than Okudah + Swift

Weve traded up for Best, Leshoure and Kerryon....all day1 or day2 picks. Im still waiting for it to make a difference. Oh wait...maybe thats cause it doesnt matter what RB you have when your oline is shit. The focus should have been on solid Oline propects with all those picks then you can draft a RB in rd 3 or 4 like a Zach Moss....and poof...your run game is fixed. instead we draft 4 rbs and waste a bunch of picks. Doesnt matter what organization comes in here...they continue to build the offense the wrong way.

Weve traded up for Best, Leshoure and Kerryon....all day1 or day2 picks. Im still waiting for it to make a difference. Oh wait...maybe thats cause it doesnt matter what RB you have when your oline is shit. The focus should have been on solid Oline propects with all those picks then you can draft a RB in rd 3 or 4 like a Zach Moss....and poof...your run game is fixed. instead we draft 4 rbs and waste a bunch of picks. Doesnt matter what organization comes in here...they continue to build the offense the wrong way.

yup. Look at the 49ers. They have a good OL and turds like Raheem Mostert and Matt Breida (both undrafted) have great success.

I like what we did and still have salary cap to fill roster. Wouldn’t change anything, I’ll take Quinn’s homework over my guesses!

Back