Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The 2021 NFL Draft

If JOK is gone (very high probability) then I am definitely liking Cox as the pick. The guy is great in pass coverage and that has been an issue far too long with Lions LBS.

Some will say he is a reach at #41, but I would be good with it. If they trade back and get him, even better.

With the talent currently available I would hope they could drop down and still grab him. I do like him quite a bit thought and wouldn't be overly upset if thats who they picks at 41.

I personally loved the pick last night. Sewell was the best non QB in this class and I always thought he had the best chance of anyone to be a future hall of famer. Obviously we have a long way to go to even talk about that, but he was my guy if we didn't trade down. If Vatai can rebound at RG we good have very good players at each spot across the line. Combine that will two of the best run blocking TE's and this team can be very good at running the ball and keeping games within reach. Obviously this year is probably a wash, but this O-Line could be among the best for many years to come.

On to day 2. IMO the dream scenario is JOK. He was a guy I would have taken in the late teens so to get him at #41 would be a slam dunk. I do think after teams restack their boards and reassess he will be gone in the first three picks today and I don't think we trade up for anyone.

At the end of the day it is looking like a WR is going to be BPA and is our biggest need. I think we go back to back offense. Either way here is my list.

1. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah

2. Elijah Moore

3. Trevon Moehrig

4. Christian Barmore

5. Terrace Marshall

6. Nick Bolton

If those guys are all gone the rest of the guys I like could probably be had later in the 2nd so I hope we can drop drop and get a little more capital.

I would be good with Dyami Brown/Cox/Grant/Holland/Molden/Samuel/Rondale Moore in a trade down picking up an extra 3rd if my top 6 are gone.

Perfectly said. There is some risk to trading down because if you are in desperate need of a starting LB after Bolton, Cox and Browning the herd thins BIG time. If all 3 are on the board when we pick id only feel comfortable going down about 10 spots max. Also what are you getting in return?....im not sure an extra 4th rd pick this year really moves the needle....so while i agree with you that the value isnt fully there for some of the LBs....do you just grab the guy you want anyways cause i dont see a ton of upside moving down in rd 2 unless you get another 3rd....maybe.

Last edited:
Perfectly said. There is some risk to trading down because if you are in desperate need of a starting LB after Bolton, Cox and Browning the herd thins BIG time. If all 3 are on the board when we pick id only feel comfortable going down about 10 spots max. Also what are you getting in return?....im not sure an extra 4th rd pick this year really moves the needle.

if we dropped 10-12 spots I would expect a 3rd. If if it like 4-6 spots I would expect a 4th with either a 4th-5th next year or a 6th this year thrown in. Could see Dallas wanting to jump the Giants if a talented O-Lineman drops and they added some capital in the Eagles trade. I would take their 4th rounder to drop 3 spots unless one of those aforementioned players were sitting there.

Also, as far as LB'er, it does not seem they value them particularly high. I've read they will probably only use two LB'ers on the field at most. I personally think we need one on day 2 and should be one of JOK/Bolton/Cox/Browning, but not sure if they think that way.

That may be the lowest grade I've seen. I've checked a few this morning and the worst grade was B+.

As a Lions fan, I'm just wondering how this will fail.

As the board pessimist I would respond.... have you seen the braces on his knees!?

Also, as far as LB'er, it does not seem they value them particularly high. I've read they will probably only use two LB'ers on the field at most. I personally think we need one on day 2 and should be one of JOK/Bolton/Cox/Browning, but not sure if they think that way.

If that's the case you wonder if JOK is there perfect match since he's viewed as that hybrid safety/lb. Trade up might not be out of the question in that case. JOK collins then go sign Kwon Alexander.

If that's the case you wonder if JOK is there perfect match since he's viewed as that hybrid safety/lb. Trade up might not be out of the question in that case. JOK collins then go sign Kwon Alexander.

I love JOK and would be okay if we traded up, but I would only go as far as our 4th rounder this year would take us. There is enough talent left on the board not to overpay. IMO Elijiah Moore, JOK, and Moehrig are not that far apart as my 1-2-3 and really hope we land one of the three.

This is where GMs earn their keep. Day 2. Get two-three impact starters Holmes

Isn't this what he's 'known' for? Day 2 magic? I'm pretty sure I read a few times this was his bread and butter.

I think 2-3 impact starters with 3 picks is a little unrealistic. That would be a special draft class. If one of these selections becomes an impact player (when I think impact we are talking about pro bowl type). More then likely whatever we draft today is not a day 1 starter. Walker and Marlowe are most likely day 1 starters. Williams and Perriman are likely day 1 starters at wideout. Collins and Anzalone are likely day 1 starters at LB'er. Someone like Moerig instantly steps in as a third safety who would play a ton. JOK would step into a similar hybrid safety/LB'er role. Elijiah Moore is a day 1 starter in the slot.

I'm thrilled with the pick. Over the last 6 drafts, the Lions have assembled an extremely solid OL with patience....and as with any draft -- some luck.

Sewell (2021), Stenberg (2020), Jackson (2020), Hock (2019), Ragnow (2018), and Decker (2016). That's how you build a winner from the inside out.

This apparent success avoids the need to overpay OL FAs (see Vaitai). We shouldn't have to burn high picks on OL for the foreseeable future.

If Goff is ranks in the top 50% of all starting QBs, I'm good with making him a long-term (3-4 years) solution as we use the draft capital from his acquisition to focus on one or two units (DL/LB/Secondary). RBs and WRs are a dime a dozen in Free Agency as well as diamonds in the rough in the later rounds of the draft.

I'm dreaming of the day where other teams are fighting over our practice squad players!!!

I think 2-3 impact starters with 3 picks is a little unrealistic. That would be a special draft class. If one of these selections becomes an impact player (when I think impact we are talking about pro bowl type). More then likely whatever we draft today is not a day 1 starter. Walker and Marlowe are most likely day 1 starters. Williams and Perriman are likely day 1 starters at wideout. Collins and Anzalone are likely day 1 starters at LB'er. Someone like Moerig instantly steps in as a third safety who would play a ton. JOK would step into a similar hybrid safety/LB'er role. Elijiah Moore is a day 1 starter in the slot.

Not with the holes we have. Any combination of S LB and WR and they are starting day 1 on this team. Even a 4th rd DT would be a potential starter imo.

Agree that its tough to go 4/4 with 4 day 1 and 2 picks. But they are going to get a chance to play alot. And not just talking this year. Like they are WR 1 when Perriman and Williams become free agents next year. Same with LB and Anzalone FA next year. Any safety day 2 should start over Marlowe.

Don't care the order, just give me 3 good players tonight. S,DT,LB,DE/Edge depends how much Flowers and Hand slides inside, WR X 2 are the needs.

Hopefully 4 big needs are filled long term. There will still be a few longer term questions as I listed 6 positions above and the 7th was right tackle that got filled already big time.

Last edited:
Agree that its tough to go 4/4 with 4 day 1 and 2 picks. But they are going to get a chance to play alot. And not just talking this year. Like they are WR 1 when Perriman and Williams become free agents next year. Same with LB and Anzalone FA next year. Any safety day 2 should start over Marlowe.

Don't care the order, just give me 3 good players tonight. S,DT,LB,DE/Edge depends how much Flowers and Hand slides inside, WR X 2 are the needs.

Hopefully 4 big needs are filled long term. There will still be a few longer term questions as I listed 6 positions above and the 7th was right tackle that got filled already big time.

Just taking into account where we have a starter hole he could get 3 starters tonight. Im not even taking into account where he could upgrade with a BPA selection.

Starters needed-
Offense - Slot WR
Defense - DT, LB, LB, S

Upgrades needed-
Offense - WR1, RG
Defense - DE, CB

You could pick any of the above 9 spots...like i dont know how you could fuck that up lol. The big call out is i think you still need 4 starters on Defense.

Last edited:
My day 2 mock:
2 Nick Bolton LB
3a Andre Cisco S
3b BPA WR

Based on what I read, Bolton is more of a 3rd rounder.

If Azeez Ojulari or Asante Samuel are there I would take them in the second. If not, Elijah Moore. I think he's going to be good.

3rd, one or two of these guys if possible (I doubt any will be available by the time their second pick comes around)

Bolton, Cisco, Molden, Cox, Browing, Togiai

Back