Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The 3-4 Conversation

zoombabyzoom

For the sake of the conversation, lets just assume Suh is gone. If that is the case I see the switch to 3-4 as more of a need. We know from Caldwell and Austin that they seem to have an inclination to either use the 3-4 partially or make the complete switch.

I honestly feel our LBs look great with Ansah - Tulluch - Levy - Van Noy. With Whitehead being a great backup. We would need to add a couple death players most notably a backup edge rusher to spell Ansah. Along the defensive front if Fairley is retained (assuming the coaching staff thinks he can be a NT) and Jason Jones on one end we only really have one hole in the front 7.

Maybe we can spend some of the vacant Suh money to grab another DL and hopefully a CB.

Another couple thoughts, I remember hearing in the draft that Van Noy was more of a 3-4 LB. Am I misguided there? And could Fairley actually play a DE in a 3-4? Maybe bring in a Veteran NT like a Wilfork, Knighton, or Dan Williams?

With only 1 DT on the roster this is the time to switch to the 3-4 if they are going to do it. I wanted Suh back but that isn't going to happen so I hope they move on to plan B right away. I think they should go after Wilfork right away or Ngata if he gets released and not wait to see what Suh is going to do. Hopefully they can bring in some solid pieces to fill the void that Suh will leave.

How bout Fairley at an end position? I've been saying this for a while now. Let him get down to 285 range and let him stay there.

Fairley shouldnt be resigned if we go 3-4. Hes asking for a raise im sure and it wouldn't be worth it to pay him to play out of position. No way hes a nt.

Get a fatty. Use your savings on a 3-4 rush olb. Draft de depth.

Ansah fa fatty jones
Fa rush levy tully van noy

Fairley shouldnt be resigned if we go 3-4. Hes asking for a raise im sure and it wouldn't be worth it to pay him to play out of position. No way hes a nt.

Get a fatty. Use your savings on a 3-4 rush olb. Draft de depth.

Ansah fa fatty jones
Fa rush levy tully van noy

Agree. I Hope they switch over but I d think they will.

Our LB core is looking stronger than our DLine for once with Suh likely gone and Tulloch being held on to. I'd like to see it.

Speaking of which...anyone know why the Tulloch thread was closed? Didn't see anything egregious or off topic about it.

Mayhew makes mistakes. Some of the draft stuff was injury though.

Avril was there was no time to talk due to CBA and it was the right call to franchise him.

Restructures got us talent that we still have and allowed us to pick certain players in the 2013 draft.

It was the right call to extend Schwartz after 2011 as well.

Suh is being greedy and not gone yet.

Despite all the mistakes, mistakes in your eyes only really. 11-5. So STFU this offseason about him.

Last edited:
Mayhew makes mistakes. Some of the draft stuff was injury though.

Avril was there was no time to talk due to CBA and it was the right call to franchise him.

Restructures got us talent that we still have and allowed us to pick certain players in the 2013 draft.

It was the right call to extend Schwartz after 2011 as well.

Suh is being greedy and not gone yet.

Despite all the mistakes, mistakes in your eyes only really. 11-5. So STFU this offseason about him.

I think you posted in the wrong thread. This is even more retarded than usual for you. Go have a coffee and a Snickers.

It's not closed. On your end. And just so you understand threads don't get closed around here..

It's not closed. On your end. And just so you understand threads don't get closed around here..

Hence the confusion. I've never seen a closed thread before on this site. By mistake or not, it definitely is.

NVM, i just see now that it's closed. i forgot they allow mods to post in closed threads. I guess someone thought it was appropriate or it was done by accident..

Last edited:
NVM, i just see now that it's closed. i forgot they allow mods to post in closed threads. I guess someone thought it was appropriate or it was done by accident..

Got to be an accident. We've had threads 10x more offensive and off topic that it hasn't happened to.

Probably sick of people talking about the Tulloch injury or how it happened. Or an accidental close. Either way.

Glad to have Tulloch back.

The guy was voted in the NFL top 100 by his peers multiple times. It's amazing how one silly injury made people forget all of that. I'm very happy Tulloch is back.

Probably sick of people talking about the Tulloch injury or how it happened. Or an accidental close. Either way.

Downside of his career. Hes been great for us but he also had suh infront of him. I wouldnt be surprised to see a big step backwards for Tully and levy this year.

Back