Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The anger is real....

tonyballs

No way I was coming on this board yesterday but I have a few thoughts and questions..

First off. That was the worst football I have ever witnessed. Offense, defense, special teams and coaching were abysmal. Golladay is the lone positive on the day and maybe Tate...even though he had a couple drops he still played well. Stafford was horrible, he looked lost and confused, some bad throws. Getting murdered a few times doesn't help either but holy hell he was off. Defense can't stop anything. We got gashed by a rookie QB lol. A rookie!!! Ziggy was looking good with a sack and a couple of big hits but then he gets hurt...wtf!!! Time to move on from this guy. Play out his contract or fucking trade the guy (if possible). Now, I have a shit ton of questions. Ready?!

Why is Cooter still the OC??? It's known AGAIN that teams already know what play is coming up as the Lions walk up to the LOS lol.
Why did we bring in Blount again? A 250 lb RB that we barely use. Especially on 3rd and 1's!!!! Oh, but we'll line him up as a WR tho lol.
Why did we draft Kerryon??? He barely fucking played!!! And when he did, he actually produced!!! Then he was on the sidelines!!! Lmao
Are the rumors true? Has Patricia lost this team already?! He looked alllllllll alone out there. Is he the right guy for the job?? Wtf is going on?!?!

I hate being THAT guy but i'm at a loss right now. One game and i'm in full blown panic??? We got trounced by the motherfucking Jets lol. Is there a revolt going on??? What are good teams going to do to us??? So many questions after Week 1 and it's frightening!!

Oliver sweepstakes, here we come!!

The anger is real and I hope they hear it in Allen Park. God damn I am so pissed how poorly they played last night. I have no real clue what to about it. The Lions should not be this bad..

Last edited:
The Kerryon thing irked me a bit...Looked pretty good yet only managed eight touches. I know they were playing from behind most of the game but they still could’ve used him more. I guess we’ll see what they do with him moving forward, I would not be at all shocked to see the Lions piss away another RB draft pick.

Last edited:
Holy Shit! The Lions broke Tony!jk I had the same thoughts as you did. I was never impressed with the Patricia hire but I gave him a chance. If the game was close and some of team played well I wouldn't be in a panic as you say. But it is hard to believe that Patricia and the team can turn it around when getting killed by the Jets with a rookie qb. Cooter should be gone today, he isn't a good play caller. Tony did you stay the whole game? My brother did and said he was glad all the Jets fans behind their bench were just cheering and having a good time. He said he hopes it angered Patricia to no end. My brother actually put all of his season tickets up for sale after the game except the Packers because I am flying up for the game. I told him to sell them if he can and we will just hangout. Not sure I want to put myself through a game like that.

I have been having some fun ripping on the Lions today, but the reality is they won't be this bad all year. The questions about the coaching are legit though.

I predicted an 8-8 season. I think that will be the best case scenario now. I thought they would start 1-3. I'm sticking by that prediction. 49ers are really banged up right now. I can see the Lions going out there and stealing a W.

I also agree with your assessment of Galloday. He looked great. K. Johnson should be the full time back. Use Blount in "goal line" situations only. This has been the problem with the Lions RBs for a few years now. The entire world knows what is going to happen based on personnel. Johnson can run and catch which keeps defenses off guard (unlike last night when they knew what was coming)

The Lions won't be bad enough for Oliver...but they might be bad enough to get Nick Bosa.

Holy Shit! The Lions broke Tony!jk I had the same thoughts as you did. I was never impressed with the Patricia hire but I gave him a chance. If the game was close and some of team played well I wouldn't be in a panic as you say. But it is hard to believe that Patricia and the team can turn it around when getting killed by the Jets with a rookie qb. Cooter should be gone today, he isn't a good play caller. Tony did you stay the whole game? My brother did and said he was glad all the Jets fans behind their bench were just cheering and having a good time. He said he hopes it angered Patricia to no end. My brother actually put all of his season tickets up for sale after the game except the Packers because I am flying up for the game. I told him to sell them if he can and we will just hangout. Not sure I want to put myself through a game like that.

I stayed until the end pretty much ya lol. Jets fan completely took over Ford Field. Chanting J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS! It was absolutely fucking embarrassing and I hope it sticks with the Lions players and coaching staff.

With the exception of '05, being the one year that I vowed to ignore the Lions completely, I have followed the teams since the start of the '70 season, and can't recall many games quite as mortifying as last night's. One in particular was the '95 playoff game vs ex-Lion QB Rodney Peete and the Eagles. Maybe a few during the dark years of Smith and later Mornhinweg. The '08 season was typical for spotting each opponent 21 points or more to start every game, but there wasn't much vet talent on that season's team.

This RB by committee shit needs to stop. If our most talented runner can handle 15-20 carries a game, give him ALL the carries. If we want a running game, the have to let 1 of them get in a fucking groove, not have every single one of them do spot work. Never thought I'd say this, but I want the Lions to trade Riddick. His snaps get in the way of Kerryon' touches. He needs to be on the field nearly every play.

Last edited:
The Jets players claim they studied film hard, and could read every hand signal Stafford was giving before the Lions even lined up.

My question is... how exactly? I remember reading earlier this year that Patricia was keeping Cooter and his scheme but installed all new language and yes... hand signals. Hand signals that were not used during preseason.

What damned film?

Went to bed Angry, woke up not remembering a thing and not angry for about 5 seconds tops before the reality earth lions fan program was again downloaded back into the conscious mind. I think we got the life as a loser program this go around.

The Jets players claim they studied film hard, and could read every hand signal Stafford was giving before the Lions even lined up.

My question is... how exactly? I remember reading earlier this year that Patricia was keeping Cooter and his scheme but installed all new language and yes... hand signals. Hand signals that were not used during preseason.

What damned film?

That smells of fish

Last edited:
Probably recycled Patriot signals...which should make week 3 real interesting.

one of the biggest reasons im angry....old mr reliable. Mr never gave up a sack in his career. Mr first round pick frank ragnow got abused the entire fucking night. Hes was supposed to be this savior that was going to fix the entire oline...the reason we dont have a starting calibur edge rusher right now. And we end up with a 250 lb back that loses 7 yards almost every time he touches the ball and a qb running for his life the entire game (thats when he wasnt getting a helmet to the ribs). Fuck you Frank Ragnow.

Last edited:
one of the biggest reasons im angry....old mr reliable. Mr never gave up a sack in his career. Mr first round pick frank ragnow got abused the entire fucking night. Hes was supposed to be this savior that was going to fix the entire oline...the reason we dont have a starting calibur edge rusher right now. And we end up with a 250 lb back that loses 7 yards almost every time he touches the ball and a qb running for his life the entire game (thats when he wasnt getting a helmet to the ribs). Fuck you Frank Ragnow.

He still could be a stud. One game dude? Dallas oline wasn't the best right off the bat

The potential scariest thing I read was in the ESPN article. It described not just that they knew our signals, but on Crowell's 62 yard touchdown, they actually recognized our defensive plan FROM THE PRESEASON. This coaching staff is apparently such a shit show they didn't get the memo that you don't give away actual gameplans in the preseason. Or worse, the preseason vanilla was actually their best plan.

Back