Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Big IF

Which pass catcher do you prefer?

• T.J. Hockenson

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • D.K. Metcalf

Votes: 5 50.0%

• Total voters

inkfreq

I see a lot of these so called "experts" in the draft predicting we take a pass catcher with the #8 pick, assuming we even stay at #8.

Most of them see us taking T.J. Hockenson. I personally put zero stock in what any of them predict, but I'm wondering, if we do take a pass catcher, who do you prefer?

T.J. Hockenson
D.K. Metcalf

I see a lot of these so called "experts" in the draft predicting we take a pass catcher with the #8 pick, assuming we even stay at #8.

Most of them see us taking T.J. Hockenson. I personally put zero stock in what any of them predict, but I'm wondering, if we do take a pass catcher, who do you prefer?

T.J. Hockenson
D.K. Metcalf

Can they play LB too?

Metcalf could.....dude is HUGE!

He's not as big as his photos look believe it or not, but he is damn big. 6'3" and 228 lbs is what he clocked in at his pro day I believe.

He looks 6'150 and 290lbs in those photos, and like he's going to get angry and turn green any minute.

Can they play LB too?

LB wasn't one of the options... this is strictly about which pass catcher you prefer. In this hypothetical scenario, the Lions ARE taking a receiver, so which one?

For the record, I want defense too.

IF I had to take a pass catcher at #8, it would be Hockenson. He is as good of a blocker as a pass catcher. He wouldn't have to come off the field.

That being said, I would yank my remaining hair out of my head if we didn't draft defense at #8.

IF I had to take a pass catcher at #8, it would be Hockenson. He is as good of a blocker as a pass catcher. He wouldn't have to come off the field.

That being said, I would yank my remaining hair out of my head if we didn't draft defense at #8.

There's a 50/50 chance you're gonna be bald bro.

I don't think I have seen a single mock draft that has the Lions taking a pass catcher in the first round.

I think both are reaches at 8. If youre picking at 8 though i think you need an impact player and i think Metcalf has a higher possibility of being an impact player. Trade down to 15-20 would be a better spot for both of them.

Honestly im not exstatic about picking anyone at 8 right now unless Josh Allen drops. Trade down!

Detroit has made moves in the offseason whether it shows in the win column too soon to say.. But normally I'm all for trading back because it seems like we're always in rebuild mode but I think we should trade up this time. Unless White falls to 8th and hen I'd grab him.

TJ Hockenson. He's the only former Hawkeye I've ever wanted the Lions to draft this high in the draft. I think he's going to be special. That said I still want the Lions to draft Devin White or one of the top dlinemen over him in the 1st not named Montez Sweat. A player with heart issues/concerns is nothing I'd invest that highly in.

Last edited:
Gun to my head between the two? I'll take Hockenson.

I've been adamant from the beginning that tight ends are a bad idea in the first round and nobody here will change my mind. However, Metcalf is a guy that didn't produce much in college and I don't trust the Lions to develop someone that seems to struggle with route running, despite his size and straight line speed.

Back