Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The eternal sunshine of the spotless Fundie mind

Scientifically disproving a creator is impossible. You're right. However, finding evidence that specific creators do not exist is possible. When the only proof of that creator is in a book, that book is open for scrutiny. When it makes certain scientific claims and those claims are easily put to shame, it's easy to figure out the book was written by people who have no divine knowledge.

Edit: And as for the cause and effect...there's this thing called the big bang...that is a cause. and an effect. A creator who has always existed has no cause. If the creator has always been, that sort of bursts your cause/effect argument.

What caused the Big Bang? Everything is stable as this infinitely sized singularity, then suddenly explodes...why? For what purpose????

Think about this...there are super massive singularities at the center of the galaxies, yet we never see them suddenly explode in a Big Bang event...shouldn't we see evidence of such explosions? Why would it only happen in the Big Bang Singularity? Add to that count the number of singularities created after large suns go super nova...yet no evidence of those smaller singularities exploding into Big Bang events either, right????

That pretty much indicates something caused the Big Bang, otherwise there woukd be evidence of these other Singularities spontaneously exploding too. At least that is my opinion.

is anyone else seeing a banner ad for "Free Puritan Hard Drive Software" on this page?

"Wow! The PHD is fantastic! What a gift to Christ's Church! I love my Puritan Hard Drive!" - D. M. (CA, USA)

"Free Demo Includes Over 300 Reformation Books and MP3's"

I'm curious exactly WTF it is. "Hard Drive Software"... it makes your hard drive more christian I guess... in that particular strain of christianity you thought died out sometime in the 1600's Massachusetts.

Can't see it with my ad-blocking extension installed on Firefox...but...

Why does the software need to be installed into an HDD? A 16 or 32 GB thumb drive should suffice. They could even sell their own pre-installed thumb-drives in the shape of a cross. Note that it is "demo" software which is likely loaded with nag popups/prompts to buy more Puritan "software." Seems like it isn't so much software as it is text and maybe hymns and/or Christian music.

Last edited:
What caused the Big Bang? Everything is stable as this infinitely sized singularity, then suddenly explodes...why? For what purpose????

Think about this...there are super massive singularities at the center of the galaxies, yet we never see them suddenly explode in a Big Bang event...shouldn't we see evidence of such explosions? Why would it only happen in the Big Bang Singularity? Add to that count the number of singularities created after large suns go super nova...yet no evidence of those smaller singularities exploding into Big Bang events either, right????

That pretty much indicates something caused the Big Bang, otherwise there woukd be evidence of these other Singularities spontaneously exploding too. At least that is my opinion.

Perhaps the singularities created by super-massive stars collapsing are insufficient in mass to explode. I am fairly certain that black-holes are not created as a result of super-nova explosions. Some physicists theorize that all matter expanding into the void will sometime begin to reverse and retract, coalescing back into one mega-super-massive singularity, to eventually explode outward in a Big Bang once again.

10.jpg

Cue sinister laugh of mad scientist and his experiment ...

Who said there was only one big bang? And we keep getting into arguments that are unwinnable. The big bang is science's best guess from years of observation and experimentation. nobody knows for sure why it happened or what existed before, but you'll never see those guesses stated as fact by anyone reputable.

Just because you don't understand something, that doesn't mean a creator is necessary. If the creator exists, it must have been created. You can't ask what was before the big bang with any credibility if you believe an infinite creator exists and can't explain where it came from.

All of life starts simple and sometimes grows into a complex organism. I would think that rule would apply to the Universe as well.

Back