Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Great Nord Black Face

"some"

When are blacks gonna wake up and start to accept all the good things done by white people in black face?

As you are wont to do, you have given me a treasure trove of ideas with this post.

I?m thinking of a reality TV show called ?White People Doing Good Things in Black Face.? I think the title explains itself.

We take a group of white youngsters in their early 20s, put them living together in a house, and every episode at least one or more of the kids puts on black face and goes out into the community and attempts to be helpful to folks who are experiencing difficulties of some sort.

I am guessing there would be some degree of criticism from people observing them-I would certainly hope so, those would be the best and funniest parts.

So after the adventures, the group would collect back at the house and chronicle and discuss the trials and tribulations of the errands.

Last edited:
Down here, where we, you know, enslaved millions of black people for 300+ years, and long after the 13th Amendment with pernicious laws, it sure does not help matters for white people to smear on black pigment on their faces, always with the option to remove it.

So, the question is: why would a white person want to put on a black face? Can someone explain that to me?

EDIT: On people in blackface in regards to what makes it [entirely] racist: "...the filthy scum of white society, who have stolen from us a complexion denied them by nature, in which to make money, and pander to the corrupt taste of their white fellow citizens."

Fredrick Douglass

At one time, the use of "black face" was because you had movie studios that didn't hire black people so had white actors painted up to play those roles. As egregious as that was, it was 100 years ago. To your question now, I ask the same ...why would anyone do that post-racist 1930's Hollywood?

(Aside from the C Thomas Howell Soul Man where he pretends to be Black to get into Harvard and Trading Places where Dan Akroyd plays a Rastafarian to Eddie Murphy's over the top African character).

At one time, the use of "black face" was because you had movie studios that didn't hire black people so had white actors painted up to play those roles.

Hollywood copied that shit from Shakespeare from centuries ago.

But at least Hollywood was forward enough by that time to use actual women to play female characters.

Hollywood copied that shit from Shakespeare from centuries ago.

But at least Hollywood was forward enough by that time to use actual women to play female characters.

Good point. Back then it was masks and such and folks playing the Gods. Nowadays it's all done by computer!

At one time, the use of "black face" was because you had movie studios that didn't hire black people so had white actors painted up to play those roles. As egregious as that was, it was 100 years ago. To your question now, I ask the same ...why would anyone do that post-racist 1930's Hollywood?

(Aside from the C Thomas Howell Soul Man where he pretends to be Black to get into Harvard and Trading Places where Dan Akroyd plays a Rastafarian to Eddie Murphy's over the top African character).

Or Gene Wilder in Silver Streak.

From imdb: When the scene where Grover (Richard Pryor) puts the shoe polish on George's (Gene Wilder's) face to make him appear to be black was first filmed, a white man walked in and believed George was black. Richard Pryor was uncomfortable with the scene, and felt it would be funnier if a black man walked in and is not fooled at all. Pryor asked Arthur Hiller for a re-shoot, but Hiller refused. Pryor walked off the set and refused to return to filming until the scene was changed. Hiller relented and Pryor's idea was used for the final cut.​

Last edited:
As you are wont to do, you have given me a treasure trove of ideas with this post.

I?m thinking of a reality TV show called ?White People Doing Good Things in Black Face.? I think the title explains itself.

We take a group of white youngsters in their early 20s, put them living together in a house, and every episode at least one or more of the kids puts on black face and goes out into the community and attempts to be helpful to folks who are experiencing difficulties of some sort.

I am guessing there would be some degree of criticism from people observing them-I would certainly hope so, those would be the best and funniest parts.

So after the adventures, the group would collect back at the house and chronicle and discuss the trials and tribulations of the errands.

:no:

Well... if nothing else, this will get you invited on Tucker Carlson shows, et. al. for "owning teh libs and sjws"

You'll end up disappointing them when they realize you're not a committed racist though, and equally open to trolling white people. they won't call you back.

you left out a sincere discussion about their inherent privilege - that has to be part of every episode.

maybe there can be an episode where the go into the ghetto and buy up all the crack and heroin with the ill gotten wealth they inherited from slavery and then flush the drugs down the toilet. It would be like an indirect reparations program that pumps money into urban economies while also saving people from becoming addicted to those drugs.

Anyone else remember this SNL skit when Eddie Murphy dressed as a white businessman and got to see life as it's like when only white people are around?

Hilarious! "White Like Me"

https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/white-like-me/n9308

This gives me an idea for a spin off of the reality TV show I described earlier in the thread, putting young black people in white make up and sending them out to do good deeds.

Or maybe we would show them gaming the system because of their newfound white privilege.

I have to think about this one a while.

Last edited:
This gives me an idea for a spin off of the reality TV show I described earlier in the thread, putting young black people in white make up and sending them out to do good deeds.

Or maybe we would show them gaming the system because of their newfound white privilege.

I have to think about this one a while.

Kind of like Undercover Boss. Only we'll call it Undercover Underprivileged.

there are 3 - Grant Fuhr was first followed by a woman who was captain of the women's national team followed by O'Bree who was the first black (African Canadian?) to play in the NHL. I don't know if Anson Carter (Spartan) or Jerome Iginla have had HOF careers but PK Suban may have a HOF career - he's never put up numbers like Paul Coffey did as a blueliner but he's probably a better defenseman and I think his point totals have been among the top for defensemen in his era. Not sure about that but maybe the Polish Hammer can weigh in on that.

IIRC, Fuhr/Iginla are mixed like Obama.

Not that it fucking matters.

Iginla will be 1st ballot hall of famer.
PK Subban likely to be 1st ballot as well, known more for his offensive game. Subban has some defensive flaws, something the HoF committee cares 0 about. Fan favourite everywhere he plays.
Carter not going into HoF unless it is a tokenism.

IIRC, Fuhr/Iginla are mixed like Obama.
PK Subban likely to be 1st ballot as well, known more for his offensive game. Subban has some defensive flaws, something the HoF committee cares 0 about.

Is that like how MLB Hall of Fame voters don?t care about the number of Gold Gloves a nominee has?

So..... this is racist?
100% not a parody of the A-Team.
latest

This is from Canadian TV from a decade ago. For some reason, nobody gave a single fuck.
airfarce-alanparkasobama.jpg

Meh, still don't see what the deal it.

By this logic Peter Sellers must have been one of the most racist man to ever step foot on this planet.

Lol, Trading Places was on cable last night. Edited for language and when Eddie Murphy is sneaking a joint in the men's room, but not for 'black face' by Dan Akroyd.

Back