Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Guy i Dont Want at #7 is:

What name at #7 would piss you off the most? (Multiple Choice!)

• Total voters

mhughes0021

Chat about the name you see at 7 that would make you throw something at your TV.

I went Pitts and other. My other is Devonta Smith....cant tell you why...just dont like him. I could be 10000% wrong about him cause i really dont have a good reason why....just dont like him.

I am becoming more confident by the day that Kyle Pitts won't even make it to #7. I really don't see the value is going CB at #7 regardless of the player. I also don't want Slater at #7 as I don't see the high end upside that I see with Sewell.

I am good with Chase, Sewell, Waddle, Pitts, Smith, Parsons, and if we go QB and Wilson is off the board I would only consider Lance.

Lance.

I don't want anything to do with him. My opinion.....he'll play as much/more TE in the NFL than he will QB.

I don't think he reads defenses well enough to be a good QB in the NFL. He's a slightly worse Colin Keapernick. Athletic. Elite arm.

I went Pitts and other. My other is Devonta Smith....cant tell you why...just dont like him. I could be 10000% wrong about him cause i really dont have a good reason why....just dont like him.

When you look at Smith it's easy to see what you see. He's so small. Thin frame. He looks like if he took a solid hit to the mid-section he'd break in half.

What I don't like.....He's not really quick twitch. Like Calvin, he's a strider. He really doesn't shy away from contact like a 170 lb guy should. Takes on too many tacklers. Not super elusive after the catch. Didn't see him get jammed too much in college but my guess is with his size it's going to be an issue in the NFL.

What I like.......Great routes. Great hands. Excellent body control. Goes up and gets it really well for a guy his size. Great speed. Gets separation quickly. Can catch and turn up field in a heartbeat. Once he gets upfield it's over.....he's going to win a straight line footrace with just about anybody. He is the definition of a HR threat.

Of the top 3.....I like him the least. BUT, he's going to be a very good WR in the NFL if someone doesn't kill him running across the middle.

When you look at Smith it's easy to see what you see. He's so small. Thin frame. He looks like if he took a solid hit to the mid-section he'd break in half.

What I don't like.....He's not really quick twitch. Like Calvin, he's a strider. He really doesn't shy away from contact like a 170 lb guy should. Takes on too many tacklers. Not super elusive after the catch. Didn't see him get jammed too much in college but my guess is with his size it's going to be an issue in the NFL.

What I like.......Great routes. Great hands. Excellent body control. Goes up and gets it really well for a guy his size. Great speed. Gets separation quickly. Can catch and turn up field in a heartbeat. Once he gets upfield it's over.....he's going to win a straight line footrace with just about anybody. He is the definition of a HR threat.

Of the top 3.....I like him the least. BUT, he's going to be a very good WR in the NFL if someone doesn't kill him running across the middle.

I voted other for Devonta Smith. The guy reminds me of Will Fuller. Someone who is talented but will be hurt as much as he plays. I would rather have a Marvin Jones that is there every game than a Will Fuller.

I voted other for Devonta Smith. The guy reminds me of Will Fuller. Someone who is talented but will be hurt as much as he plays. I would rather have a Marvin Jones that is there every game than a Will Fuller.

Is Devonta Smith really injured that much?

I’m at other. To many Wr to pick one at 7. Trade out and get some more picks. To many holes to fill.

Last edited:

Today's NFL is very protective of WRs. DBs cannot jack guys up like they used to. I am not saying it never happens and that he won't get injured if it does, but the odds are far greater that a WR will suffer an ACL or other ligament injury than from getting jacked up.

This is why NFL is no longer shying away from the smaller and seemingly fragile WRs.

Now if you are against him because he is a long strider or lacking in quick twitch, those are much stronger reasons in today's NFL.

So you want a QB or Parsons? Those are the only 2 options you would accept?

Not necessarily. Anyone in the front 7 would work. Maybe other DL at 7 might be a bit a high , LB too but short and long term would help us more.

Back