Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The official 2018 nfl draft thread

Baker Mayfield is the biggest reach in round one in my opinion.

Jets were gonna take him at 3 . Biggest reach for me is Denzel Ward at 4 ...how you don't take Chubb is beyond me...or Penny at 27 is a stretch imo

Last edited:
Build the o and d line....we filled a definite need. Thought the pass rush was more of a need but Landry was really the only option and he might simply not be well rounded enough for Patricia’s D....he rushes the passer and that’s about it. Should have a lot of edge rushers to choose from in rd 2. Tough call between ragnow and Hernandez...if I’m picking I probably take Hernandez....happy with ragnow though.

Build the o and d line....we filled a definite need. Thought the pass rush was more of a need but Landry was really the only option and he might simply not be well rounded enough for Patricia?s D....he rushes the passer and that?s about it. Should have a lot of edge rushers to choose from in rd 2. Tough call between ragnow and Hernandez...if I?m picking I probably take Hernandez....happy with ragnow though.

I guess they thought we are better off with Ragnow at C and Glasgow at LG , then Glasgow at C and Hernandez at LG ?? I'm still a bit torn on this pick , wanna like it but still a bit like mehhh lol

Build the o and d line....we filled a definite need. Thought the pass rush was more of a need but Landry was really the only option and he might simply not be well rounded enough for Patricia?s D....he rushes the passer and that?s about it. Should have a lot of edge rushers to choose from in rd 2. Tough call between ragnow and Hernandez...if I?m picking I probably take Hernandez....happy with ragnow though.

I usually don't agree with you but these are pretty much my thoughts exactly.... Thought Hernandez woulda been the pick if we went Oline but not mad with Ragnow as apparently he was going to the Bengals or Patriots if not us and Hernandez is still on the board...

Baltimore killed it.... Kept trading down to get enough value to take the TE they wanted then to come back in and get the QB that they could have totally taken at any of those picks and have been totally justified, is just amazing. Ozzie has always been pretty solid in the draft...

Good pick! You gotta keep your QB upright and this kid solidifies the OLine.

I didn't read through the reaction from the board. But we drafted a fucking center? And he's a reach? What an uninspiring pick.

He's not a reach when your Center and LG position last yr was a laughing stock. This kid will either win the LG/C spot with ease. The other goes to Glasgow, who we all probably see at C.

Good pick! You gotta keep your QB upright and this kid solidifies the OLine.

If this oline still sucks ass I'm going to shit all over this pick. Stafford and the offense put up points, its our dline that vanished for weeks at a time. Hopefully we go dline the next 2 picks at least

If this oline still sucks ass I'm going to shit all over this pick. Stafford and the offense put up points, its our dline that vanished for weeks at a time. Hopefully we go dline the next 2 picks at least

Go ahead and shit all over it lol. It's a good pick. Ragnow is an elite OL prospect who excels at passblocking and is a very good runblocker.
I was shocked at the pick but it makes sense. They just picked up Blount, their Center and LG spots were abysmal. This shores it up. Keep Stafford upright and pound the ball inside. They're not fixing this team with 6 fkn picks in the draft lol. This is a work in progress. I would not be surprised at all if they went RB in the 2nd rd. A good running game does wonders for your defense...

A good running game does wonders for your defense...

Doesn't help our shitty pass rush. Right now, I'm hoping for no more offense in this draft. Hope this oline is stellar this year, but we need another pass rusher in the worst way

I love the Ragnow pick. This is the first Round 1 pick that I've liked in the Quinn era. I did a three round mock of Lions pick on this thread in early March and I hoped he would be there in the 3rd round for us since that's where most media members had him going at the time. I don't think he's a reach because 90% of the media bases their picks on what they hear and nobody was telling them that Ragnow was Round 1 talent until this week. Now I hope we can get Maurice Hurst at #51 and Arden Key at #82 and we would have three guys that I really want in this draft. I wouldn't mind Harrison Phillips or a RB at #51 either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=utXUryQj528

J0FHjb.png

Last edited:
Decker = 6-7, 310,
RAS 7.19, QIB FULL

Lang = 6-4, 316
RAS 9.64, QIB FULL

Glasgow = 6-6, 307
RAS 8.09, QIB FULL

Ragnow = 6-5, 312
RAS 9.93, QIB FULL

Wagner = 6-6, 308
RAS 5.25, QIB Partial

Ragnow didnt allow a single sack in college and bengals and pats both interested

Landry fell out of first due to knee and back concerns

Back