Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The official 2018 nfl draft thread

I?m not sure about that. There is a lot to like about that trio. Listen, we all want to blame the running backs for the poor production, and some of the fault certainly lies with them. However, look at the tape as well. Abdul is having to fight guys 2 yards in the backfield consistently. Very few running lanes. Look at what a good offensive did for Todd Gurley. He was fucking terrible two years ago and dominated last year. He had 500 more yards on 1.....yes 1....more carry.

Did he magically get better or did the line improve? I think it?s a bit ignorant to blame all of our problems on the running backs.

That?s said....give me Guice in the 2nd!

I'm not an expert on the Rams.

2015 Gurley ran for 1,106 yards on 229 carries 4.8 YPC
2016 Gurley ran for 885 yars on 278 carries 3.2 YPC
2017 Gurley ran for 1305 yards on 279 carries 4.7 YPC

So 2016 was definitely a down year, are you saying that is only because of the O-line? and 2015 and 2017 he had great O-line?

I'm not an expert on the Rams.

2015 Gurley ran for 1,106 yards on 229 carries 4.8 YPC
2016 Gurley ran for 885 yars on 278 carries 3.2 YPC
2017 Gurley ran for 1305 yards on 279 carries 4.7 YPC

So 2016 was definitely a down year, are you saying that is only because of the O-line? and 2015 and 2017 he had great O-line?

No.....simply that RB’s numbers can be greatly affected by the O-line. Gurley didn’t just get less talented for one year.....he had injuries and some Oline issues.

Jerome Bettie is another example.....the numbers he put up for the rams outside his rookie year were god awful....but he gets put behind a better line in Pittsburgh and he has his best 2 years.

The line can make a difference....it is NOT all on the RB.

I’d like the Lions to upgrade at RB also......but I would put money on us having a better running game this year based solely on line play and run scheme.

Last edited:
The more I think it over, the more happy I am with the pick of Ragnow (who I will now call Ragnow-rock forever).

We can still get guys that will improve the Defensive line in rounds 2 and 3, but it's not often you get a guy that is the absolute best at a position of need. Ragnow-rock was rated as the best center in college football the last couple of years, and among the best centers in the history of college football... based on just grade.

Sure, a lot of guys have been highly graded and never worked out well, including Swanson. But a center was a big need, it improves the depth of the pocket and the run game, and he was a great pick. I'd rather have the best center in the draft than the second or third best d-lineman in the same draft.

Plenty of talent left to take, possibly even a Mo Hurst. No issues with this pick at all.... today. If he's the next Swanson, then I'll have issues three years from now.

I understand. And after a day has gone by and I have digested it, I am not AS upset as I once was.

However, this team has spent a TON of high level resources on O-linemen in the last few years (Lang, Wagner, Decker, Tomlinson, Glasgow). They cannot keep trotting out these guys in the backfield. They HAVE to get an RB in the next 2 rounds, there's no more tip-toeing around it. If you have to trade up to get Guice or Chubb, do it.

I won?t believe ragnow fixed anything until I see it. New online coach should help more than anything. But reality is we still have cooter....so if on game day we?re still running vs 8 man fronts and passing vs 6.... guess what....we?re still not going to be a very good running team.

Ragnow seems like a super solid pick. He was a beast in college against NFL caliber opponents. He's strong, athletic, and has good technique. He might not be the defensive star we need, but we can't fix everything in one pick.

As with Ink, I'd consider it a huge win if we landed Hurst in the 2nd. Arguably the best interior blocker and defenders in the draft.

Ragnow seems like a super solid pick. He was a beast in college against NFL caliber opponents. He's strong, athletic, and has good technique. He might not be the defensive star we need, but we can't fix everything in one pick.

As with Ink, I'd consider it a huge win if we landed Hurst in the 2nd. Arguably the best interior blocker and defenders in the draft.

Or Harrison Phillips, DT Stanford

Well the RB pool is shrinking ...doubt Guice last's till our pick ...Was said they were trying to trade up so who knows .

still would love Landry....duh well nevermind , man i think he is gonna be a great one . Think we missed out

Last edited:
who da hell is Honor Landry lololol

Didnt Vince Young get like a 2 on the wonderlick test? Good lord...

Did Vince young just announce him as Arnold Landry or maybe he said harrr nold. Good lord is right LOL

Last edited:
lmao when he first announced it i was like ok nice , that's nobody i wanted anyway . I didnt even know what the hell he said .

who da hell is Honor Landry lololol

Didnt Vince Young get like a 2 on the wonderlick test? Good lord...

I think he got a 7. Don?t they at least tell him who the hell they drafted.....?hey Vince, it?s HAROLD Landry. Got it??

Idiot.

Back