Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The official 2018 nfl draft thread

At least Kerryon Johnson has something most of our backs have been lacking recently.... GOOD VISION. Read and article last year blasting our RB's because our line was actually making holes, just none of our RB could see them and would run right into the pile 80% of the time... I'm not super excited for the pick and would have rather went defense, but the guy was very productive and if he can stay healthy should pan out pretty well....

Dang....Royce freeman off the board. Was hoping we could trade up for him.

I don't mind the Kerryon Johnson trade up and pick. I prefer defensive tackle or end, but the pick makes a lot of sense. The RBs that went in the late first and early second were all in the same tier. All that was left was Kerryon Johnson which the Lions liked and Guice who had character issues, was late to team meetings and interviews, etc. I read a rumor that the reason the Lions moved up was because the Redskins were interested in him as well. They immediately traded with the 49ers after the Lions pick because they probably figured they could get Guice later since his stock was falling. If you look at the Lions RB situation, Blount and Abdullah are both FA after '18. Riddick after '19. The Lions offense is predicated on yards after the catch. They run a lot of bubbles, screens, and misdirections. They could be interested in having some options to run some 12 personnel. I've heard Le'Veon Bell comparisons which is probably a stretch. Another comparison I've heard is Arian Foster which seems more likely. Hopefully we can avoid injury and show some continuity on the offensive line this season. I think all the mentioned backs will have a solid season if that's the case.

Last edited:
If we are truly playing a 3-4 give me duke ejiofor or Arden key....go get the qb. Lorenzo carter also out there....Hubbard gone.

Last edited:
Damn there goes Hubbard.... Lets go Hurst or Key PLEASEEEE

I don't mind the Kerryon Johnson trade up and pick. I prefer defensive tackle or end, but the pick makes a lot of sense. The RBs that went in the late first and early second were all in the same tier. All that was left was Kerryon Johnson which the Lions liked and Guice who had character issues, was late to team meetings and interviews, etc. I read a rumor that the reason the Lions moved up was because the Redskins were interested in him as well. They immediately traded with the 49ers after the Lions pick because they probably figured they could get Guice later since his stock was falling. If you look at the Lions RB situation, Blount and Abdullah are both FA after '18. Riddick after '19. The Lions offense is predicated on yards after the catch. They run a lot of bubbles, screens, and misdirections. They could be interested in having some options to run some 12 personnel. I've heard Le'Veon Bell comparisons which is probably a stretch. Another comparison I've heard is Arian Foster which seems more likely. Hopefully we can avoid injury and show some continuity on the offensive line this season. I think all the mentioned backs will have a solid season if that's the case.

Solid post with some real good points . Quin did say he was gonna draft a RB , so it was coming down to get him now or risk losing out . Didn't know the status of potential FA after this year or even in 19 ...makes a little more sense now , but i agree with some others in that it didnt seem like we had to trade up .... Easy to say after the fact so all in all wait and see approach

Biggest and best news of the night is Shea Patterson declared eligible for this year ....HUGE !!!!

Trade back or hopefully Phillips or Okoronwko. Seems like Key or Hurst are off the board for the Lions.

Last edited:
Lions are up so...commercial break?

*edit* Mother fuckers.

Last edited:
Back