Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The official 2018 nfl draft thread

How about Tracy Walker Safety out of Louisiana.

Yeah I don't know about this one.

Last edited:
A safety? I'm logging off for the night, this board is about to lose it's mind. God speed gentlemen.

well they sure did seem pumped in the war room ...no idea who this guy is , so whatever

Who? Don’t pick the bama safety....grab some dude where his highlight tape is full of him getting beat and guys dropping the ball.

The Front Office is definitely privy to more information than we are. So there must be something good about this kid. But this didn't seem to be a position of need for us.

Last edited:
I'm curious how he compares to Ronnie Harrison and why they decided to go with Walker instead.

The Front Office is definitely privy to more information than we are. So there must be something good about this kid.

Mayock mentioned him a day or two ago as someone that a team might reach on. Aside from that, I'd never heard of the kid.

well they sure did seem pumped in the war room ...no idea who this guy is , so whatever

The war room reactions always crack me up....did you guys not know who you already picked? Did you pick a name out of a hat and turned it in to the commissioner without knowing who it was?

Last edited:
Mannnnn I've tried to defend the first two picks but God damn I actually hate this draft now....

I'm curious how he compares to Ronnie Harrison and why they decided to go with Walker instead.

Charlie Campbell:
Sources tell me the reason why Alabama safety Ronnie Harrison has slid so far is because of character. Harrison graded out on the field as a late first-round, or early second-round pick. However the character issues are scaring teams off and other safeties that weren't as good in college are going ahead of him. Harrison probably should have returned to school and cleaned things up for a year rather than coming out early.
at 4/27/2018 10:11:43 PM on /DraftDay/LiveAnalysis/charlie-nfl-2018?ddl.

this could be a big reason as to why we didn't go with him

Detroit Lions – Round 3, Pick 82: Tracy Walker, S, Louisiana-Lafayette
I didn’t watch Walker, but Jonah Tuls did and he likes him. Versatile player who can do a couple different things for a defense. Matt Patricia’s kind of guy.
NDTScouting

http://draftanalyst.com/tracy-walker
Tracy Walker.
DraftAnalyst

http://www.draftcountdown.com/player/tracy-walker/
Tracy Walker.
DraftCountdown

Darius Slay and new Lions DB Tracy Walker both went to Brunswick High School in Georgia.

Walker has an above-average blend of size, length and top-end speed for a safety with the range to cover a deep half. He is at is best in underneath zone and grades out as reserve with some upside and the tools to become a core player on special teams.

Tracy Walker is a Free Safety who can cover and has experience at CB and NB. He could see the field as a NB or 3rd safety and develop in Glover Quin's replacement down the road. 33.5" arms is impressive length, but he just missed in 3 of the 4 QIB categories, with his best the 3C

Last edited:
Back