Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The official 2018 nfl draft thread

Vikings are great defensively and now they have a qb.

Bears have the best draft in the division and got help for their young qb.

Gb had a bad need for corners after losing Randall and solidified their secondary for the next 5 years.

Us...our qb is so great we do everything we can to pound the rock. Our last 2 picks were our 5th rb and our 6th safety on the roster. 3 picks and we’ve upgraded only at guard...maybe...not sure if ragnow is any better than Wiggins or Wesley Johnson.

Gb had a bad need for corners after losing Randall and solidified their secondary for the next 5 years.

Us...our qb is so great we do everything we can to pound the rock. Our last 2 picks were our 5th rb and our 6th safety on the roster. 3 picks and we?ve upgraded only at guard...maybe...not sure if ragnow is any better than Wiggins or Wesley Johnson.

I like the Johnson pick a little more than you but I agree every team in our division has improved and we just keep on picking up depth... Where's the immediate impact coming from this draft? Hopefully Ragnow can be a bookend guard or great center and even then this draft is blahhhh

we pick a safety whos projected at best 5th round ....what the fuck

and the raiders take Key ...smfh

Last edited:
I was hoping for a starter in the front seven in this draft. It looks like we'll roll with the stopgap options we signed in free agency until next offseason.

I like the Johnson pick a little more than you but I agree every team in our division has improved and we just keep on picking up depth... Where's the immediate impact coming from this draft? Hopefully Ragnow can be a bookend guard or great center and even then this draft is blahhhh

Well let me rephrase....I like Kerryon Johnson and if guice is off your board then Johnson is the last 2nd rd talent rb left. I absolutely hate the fact they traded up and threw a pick away. But to your point...I don?t think he impacts the run game anymore than abdullah would.

Rb akrum waddley is still out there....hopefully we can scrap some assets together to move up and get him.

Take the best parts of Ed Reed, Troy polamalu, and Ronnie Lott you get Tracy Walker. Whoo!!! Don't want to over sell him, but that's his FLOOR.

Well let me rephrase....I like Kerryon Johnson and if guice is off your board then Johnson is the last 2nd rd talent rb left. I absolutely hate the fact they traded up and threw a pick away. But to your point...I don’t think he impacts the run game anymore than abdullah would.

I hear you, I've been a fan of AA since we drafted him but that ship has sailed and Blount and him are both FA next year so we did kind of need a rb more than I realized. Like you though i hate the trade up but apparently Washington traded out after we picked Johnson because that's who they were targeting so we probably wouldn't have gotten him without the trade up. I would rather have Guice or Freeman and a 4th rounder still more than Kerryon Johnson and no 4th. Let KJ/Blount carry the load with Theo as the third down guy and phase AA out completely please.

Last edited:
So the big question .. Who are the 6 playoff teams and does Detroit have a shot?

Jags killin it this draft Bryan Dj Clark and Ronnie Harrison... Good haul for them that SICK defense is only getting better... While we picked a 5th round guy in round 3.... GO LIONS

My favorite guys in this draft we’re
Roquan Smith
Darius Leonard
Donte Jackson
Bj hill
Duke ejiofor
Dashawn hand

..ejiofor and hand are the only ones left

So the big question .. Who are the 6 playoff teams and does Detroit have a shot?

Saints, Vikings, Rams, Eagles, Falcons, and Packers.

It's probably unlikely that it will be these exact six since five of these teams made the playoffs last season. I'm sure more turnover will occur for sure. Only way I see us making the playoffs is if we have an offensive line improvement akin to the Cowboys adding Frederick and going from a bottom 10 OL to a top 10 OL. Obviously injuries were a big factor for us last season as well. If that happens and we have a solid run game next season with a middling defense, I can see us maybe sneaking in. I'd say a 7-9 to 9-7 season is more likely.

Early yet , but i'm officially calling this the worst draft in Lions History . Good night !!!

Pete Prisco cbs sportliine grades.
Yeah I don't know him either but he likes our picks.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...d-analysis-for-every-pick-in-the-third-round/

1st round Frank Ragnow center Arkansas Pick 20.
B+
He is the drafts best center and can play guard and the Lions have to get better on the inside and Ragnow will make that happen.

2ND round Kerryon Johnson RB Auburn pick # 43.
A
I love this pick . Lions have their lead runner on the ground . He will be a big time producer .

3rd Round Tracy Walker safety Louisiana.
B
Matt Patrica likes guys on the back end who have versatility and this kid has
It.
Good pick.

Last edited:
Walker is Slay's 2nd cousin so lets hope he can play like Slay or at least close!

Us...our qb is so great we do everything we can to pound the rock. Our last 2 picks were our 5th rb and our 6th safety on the roster. 3 picks and we?ve upgraded only at guard...maybe...not sure if ragnow is any better than Wiggins or Wesley Johnson.

Lmao!!!! Fucking pure gold right here!! Of course we did shit lol.

Well let me rephrase....I like Kerryon Johnson and if guice is off your board then Johnson is the last 2nd rd talent rb left. I absolutely hate the fact they traded up and threw a pick away. But to your point...I don?t think he impacts the run game anymore than abdullah would.

Johnson can run the football tho. He's 10x the RB Abdullah is. Johnson is bigger, makes people miss, runs harder and actually catches the football out of the backfield. Oh, and scores TDs. What does Abdullah do again??? Lol. He does NOTHING!!!! KJ with Blount should be fun to watch this yr. But ya, he brings nothing...lol. He's the exact same RB as Abdullah lol

Back