Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Akron vs ][V][ichigan thread

People that think it wasn't PI at the end: did you see the angle from the endzone? The defenders hand was on his right side and slid to his back while the ball was in the air and he tried to jump out in front (on his left side.) It was right in the refs face.

What the hell is the endzone link in this post? Takes you to an ebay page!

I expected better pressure out of the front four. This makes me very nervous when we hit the BigTen schedule. Mattison seems to be dialing up a lot less blitz packages this season so far as well. I wonder if this is by some odd design to not tip his hand, or is it based on talent?
And our run game? Grrrrrrrr

ball was ten feet over his head... That call never gets made unless the ball is close..
If the ball was on the number who knows...
Or so I am told...

maybe he could have gotten there if he wasn't held, who knows? like I said, PI, but maybe not catchable so it could have been waved off if called.

What the hell is the endzone link in this post? Takes you to an ebay page!

Eery time I see the play it looks like they brush against each other...I see no mugging everyone is talking about...Pleas the ball was ten feet over the guys head,,

Last edited:
Man. Didn't see the game, glad I didn't. I got really distracted at work when I checked the score and they were up by 4 with minutes to go...

What happened?? I saw gardner threw 3 picks. How does he regress that badly against akron of all teams?

Man. Didn't see the game, glad I didn't. I got really distracted at work when I checked the score and they were up by 4 with minutes to go...

What happened?? I saw gardner threw 3 picks. How does he regress that badly against akron of all teams?

Oline gave no protection and he mad some bad decisions

He also had a fumble but recovered

And agree above about the dline

Oline gave no protection and he mad some bad decisions

He also had a fumble but recovered

And agree above about the dline

I thought the o-line gave him pretty good protection. It seems pass blocking is the only thing this group can do. Remember, our receivers are slow and slower, they have a hard time running their routes with speed. And in most instances today, Gardner would stare down his receivers and would throw the ball late. His throws this week to last were a timing issue and he had absolutely no timing today. He had Denard disease in a bad way.

We have one WR and a mediocre (at best) offensive line. We can't run block for anything and if Fitz can't bounce it outside, it is going to be a terrible run play. Most likely for a loss.

On another note, this is the first time I've ever attempted to drink away a Michigan win. I don't want to remember one second from today's game.

Fitz has been mostly unimpressive wiithout a big hole or or without being wide open. He is good in space, but I don't see him breaking a lot of tackles. I am ready to see some youth getting more touches.

Fitz has been mostly unimpressive wiithout a big hole or or without being wide open. He is good in space, but I don't see him breaking a lot of tackles. I am ready to see some youth getting more touches.

Fitz is awful. I held back the vomit and watched the replay of the Akron game again. He did have several carries where NOTHING was opening up at the line (frustrating as hell b/c it was AKRON, fergodsakes). But there were almost as many times that Fitz either didn't see the hole open up, or more often, he was too hesitant hitting the line.

Emmitt Smith was the best I've ever seen at running downhill. There were several times he got the ball with no hole open, but by the time he took his 3rd-4th step towards the line, a crease opened and he hit it quickly. Fitz stutters until something opens, then by the time he tries to turn it on and get there, it closes up. Fitz makes his O-Line look worse.

My biggest concern is if Derrick Green is fast enough by his third step to hit the hole when it opens. I'm wondering if he's going to have similar issues that Fitz is. Given the play of the O-Line and the skillset of the guys on the roster, Smith might be the best suited to play. But I don't think Hoke is going to go with a freshman buried on the depth chart and who is unproven in pass blocking.

I've seen enough of Fitz.

Back