Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Day 2 Draft Thread (NO TWITTER SPOILERS)

Hughes bitching about dts of course.

Lions are deep at guard, center, rb and cb. And got a returner. Good players were added to this team. Good job mayhew. Deep complete team

Goldman and Davis dropped because they are run stuffers only. Lions are good with ngata, walker and Reid. Mosley still out there if we want him

Last edited:
Hughes bitching about dts of course.

Lions are deep at guard, center, rb and cb. And got a returner. Good players were added to this team. Good job mayhew. Deep complete team

Goldman and Davis dropped because they are run stuffers only. Lions are good with ngata, walker and Reid. Mosley still out there if we want him

I agree. This team is shaping up nicely for the coming year. I see us winning a playoff game.

54. Detroit Lions
Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska

Abdullah is an interesting choice. He has great character and is extremely smart. He also has good combine numbers and gained 4,588 yards in his career along with 73 receptions. He also is somewhat of a return threat, having brought back kicks and punts during his career at Nebraska. But fumbling is an issue here. He fumbled 24 times during his Cornhuskers career, losing 17 of them, according to ESPN Stats & Information. It’s an OK pick, but considering some of the depth left at running back, the Lions could have gone with a defensive tackle here and gotten better value at No. 54. The Lions plan on giving Abdullah a shot as a returner as well as a running back. Thumbs down. -- Michael Rothsteinc

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...s-up-thumbs-down-for-second-round-draft-picks

Last edited:
I agree. This team is shaping up nicely for the coming year. I see us winning a playoff game.

Don't get carried away.

On a sidenote LKP drooled over Greenwood and his measurables. He's not any better evaluating talent than anyone else..

54. Detroit Lions
Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska

Abdullah is an interesting choice. He has great character and is extremely smart. He also has good combine numbers and gained 4,588 yards in his career along with 73 receptions. He also is somewhat of a return threat, having brought back kicks and punts during his career at Nebraska. But fumbling is an issue here. He fumbled 24 times during his Cornhuskers career, losing 17 of them, according to ESPN Stats & Information. It?s an OK pick, but considering some of the depth left at running back, the Lions could have gone with a defensive tackle here and gotten better value at No. 54. The Lions plan on giving Abdullah a shot as a returner as well as a running back. Thumbs down. -- Michael Rothsteinc

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...s-up-thumbs-down-for-second-round-draft-picks

I like how they talk about all his good stuff and what he adds and then fumbles alone is a thumbs down..

I like how they talk about all his good stuff and what he adds and then fumbles alone is a thumbs down..

Well when you aren't elite, fumbles is a big detriment. Also he is just average at everything. Not great, just average. He could contribute, but he's a rotation guy. Think it's thumbs down because the writer felt there was more value at DT. But again this is just one guys opinion.

Don't get carried away.

On a sidenote LKP drooled over Greenwood and his measurables. He's not any better evaluating talent than anyone else..
I'm not. I just agree with his point on this. Sure Greenwood was a stretch opinion but most of us on here are wrong about a lot of things. I am for sure.

He only lost two fumbles this year. Great pick

I will say it again, watch the video of those fumbles, all four of them, not just the two he lost.

Every single one of them was a on a bad handoff or was stripped from him on a great defensive good play. The kid has worked damned hard to clean up his ball security.

I am not concerned as of right now at all. I wanted this kid to be drafted in round two, and for good reason.

Funniest part is how 'experts' project. I swear I read one that said Carter is not suitable for press because he has difficulty maintaining coverage, but excels in zone situations where he is able to keep everything in front of him. This is why so many were projecting him as a Safety.

No I don't trust the experts take, I'm more wait and see.... just sharing something I read last night.

Saw some stuff saying he excels at press and zone but struggles in man coverage especially with double moves.

Saw some stuff saying he excels at press and zone but struggles in man coverage especially with double moves.

Funny part about these experts is they don't know. They can't possibly.

How many college games can any one person watch, each and every player, in the course of a week. I'm betting the Kipers and McShay's watch maybe four games and a bunch of highlight clips.

There are HUNDREDS of college games every week, but these guys want to pretend to have seen every play. They are handed a script that comes from some scouts, who still didn't watch every game.

Every pick Mayhew has picked over the years is a good pick, according to Garp, I mean LKP. At least until they fail and get released and not even then. His draft opinions are worse than anyone's..

11-5. Draft and Fa production

The Vikings got better, and with AD coming back, they will not be a sub-500 team this season. The Packers filled some holes, and will still win this division most likely.

The Bears are a long way off, but can give teams some trouble.

I don't see 11-5 this season. Our defense will not be as good (don't like that fact, argue it with Terryl Austin who flatly said so) and there is no guarantee yet that our offense improves to compensate.

I have a lot of reasons to be hopeful this season, and a lot of reasons to think we lose close those games we won last season for an 8-8 record.

Our defense will have some drop off but our offense should be better. Better back, better line and year 2 in their offense. Matt will take more shots down field. If Ebron can get going we should be okay. Im thinking 9-10 wins. Could miss them playoffs

Our defense will have some drop off but our offense should be better. Better back, better line and year 2 in their offense. Matt will take more shots down field. If Ebron can get going we should be okay. Im thinking 9-10 wins. Could miss them playoffs

The statement that our offense should be better is questionable. By what standard do we make that assumption?

Couldn't we make the assumption that the defense should be better? They have another year in the system. Haloti is familiar with the defense Austin is trying to run. 16 games of Tyrunn Walker should be better than 8 games of Nick Fairley. Gabe Wright should be better than C.J. Mosley because he's way younger. We added a corner that has high potential to the same returning group from last year.

You can change any set of facts to support the argument the defense should be better, just like you can support the argument that the offense should be better with a complete and healthy offensive line, another year in the system, a high round running back and a young fullback that can be a wrinkle in the system, another year's growth from Ebron, etc...

Our you can also say Golden Tate had a career year and probably shouldn't be expected to produce like that again. Calvin is another year older and the injuries seem to be mounting. We have unknown quantities on the O-line, with no idea how Tomlinson will play at the NFL level. Stafford has yet to prove he can be a top QB, and Ebron didn't give us any reason to expect much from him, and even if he doubles his production, won't amount to much for us.

The draft is about 24 hours in the can. Camp hasn't opened. We haven't seen any changes Lombardi or Austin will make to compensate for lost players or to maximize the talent they have. It's way too early to make any predictions as to what will and won't be good on this team for 2015.

The Vikings got better, and with AD coming back, they will not be a sub-500 team this season. The Packers filled some holes, and will still win this division most likely.

The Bears are a long way off, but can give teams some trouble.

I don't see 11-5 this season. Our defense will not be as good (don't like that fact, argue it with Terryl Austin who flatly said so) and there is no guarantee yet that our offense improves to compensate.

I have a lot of reasons to be hopeful this season, and a lot of reasons to think we lose close those games we won last season for an 8-8 record.

We are better and deeper than the Vikings, Bears, Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs, 49ers, Rams and Saints.

Get Eagles, Broncos, Cards, packers (once) at home.

11-5 is the low expectation. More than 11 wins.

This defense is still very good. Still top 5. And the offense can be top 5 with this improved Oline, run game and year 2 of the system.

Back