Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Day 2 Draft Thread (NO TWITTER SPOILERS)

The team is holeless at starter and deep in almost every area. Nobody has 3rd/4th string deep but the Lions can make due (see Lucas last year and Vaughn at nickel). Lions overcame injuries last year to important starters.

This defense was not good just because of Suh. The other 10 can play. I can't beleive how severaly underrated these guys are on here. Ngata is an all pro. We have a good defensive line and good LBs and good secondary. And deep too.

Offensively we fixed our run game and Oline. Year 2 of the offense. We have top 5 offensive talent.
I agree about holeness and depth now. However, it will be interesting to see how d line does without Suh and all his double teams, should be interesting and hopefully not painful. I expect Ziggy is going to take it to another level. He was very good in 2014 and much improved from his first year. He is a superstar in the making.

Last edited:
I agree about holeness and depth now. However, it will be interesting to see how d line does without Suh and all his double teams, should be interesting and hopefully not painful. I expect Ziggy is going to take it to another level. He was very good in 2014 and much improved from his first year. He is a superstar in the making.

Ngata clearly will get double teamed. No doubt. Ziggy is a beast. Another huge year from him. That alone makes it a good Dline.

Walker and Jones have talent though and I can't wait to see more of Webster and Reid. And like Wright's pass rush skills coming in.

I think you are right here. Additionally, Hope Waddle comes back soon, he was really opening up gaping holes and keeping Staff upright when he was 100%. When healthy, he could be a top ten RT no doubt.

Walkers stats are real good and from what I read on Wright, he is pretty raw but powerful with ability to disrupt the qb. Get him coached up and we might have our gem of the draft

I think you are right here. Additionally, Hope Waddle comes back soon, he was really opening up gaping holes and keeping Staff upright when he was 100%. When healthy, he could be a top ten RT no doubt.

He was in 2013. That's a fact. 2014 dealing with injuries but played solid still. We'll see how he recovers. I like Lucas in year 2 too and that mammoth 7th rounder.

Walkers stats are real good and from what I read on Wright, he is pretty raw but powerful with ability to disrupt the qb. Get him coached up and we might have our gem of the draft

Lions needed the rotational pass rusher. Which is why we passed on Carl Davis.

We have a few possible gems from this draft.

Corey Robinson is the real deal, and is going to put Waddle on the bench. He's going to be the best 7th round player we've ever drafted.

Wright has power, and you're right, if he's coached up, he could do some damage.

Zenner, a kid we got after the draft, I'm kind of excited about. Like his size, his speed, his hands, his vision... the kid had a great college career for a D2 school, and I think he could be a prize of this draft.

I had no idea who he was really, but shocker.. he looks like he could be more than solid.

I'd give Robinson lots of reps during the off-season and let him have every chance to win the job.

Long Snapper: who cares? I mean seriously, Don Muhlbach is a great long snapper, but does anyone know of a bad long snapper in football? I guess you have to have one, but has one ever won or lost their team the game?

2-3 years ago the raiders lost to the chargers because their Long Snapper got hurt. they couldn't punt or kick a FG. It was pretty funny watching them fail.

2-3 years ago the raiders lost to the chargers because their Long Snapper got hurt. they couldn't punt or kick a FG. It was pretty funny watching them fail.

I also immediately remembered this one. You only remember these guys when the screw up. Other than that you take them for granted.

Trey Junkin played 19 seasons in the NFL for six different teams: Buffalo Bills (1983?1984), Washington Redskins (1984), Los Angeles Raiders (1985?1989), Seattle Seahawks (1990?1995), Oakland Raiders (1996), Arizona Cardinals (1996?2001), plus a single game with the New York Giants in 2002. Primarily a long snapper and special-teams player throughout his career, Junkin started out as a linebacker and later moved to tight end.

It was his one game with the Giants for which Junkin is most remembered. The Giants coaxed the very recently retired veteran back on to the playing field to replace an injured Dan O'Leary. In a 2002 wild card playoff game against the San Francisco 49ers, Junkin botched a snap on a field goal attempt that could have won the game for the Giants, who had squandered a 38-14 lead. Holder Matt Allen attempted to pass to ball to Rich Seubert, but fell incomplete.

We have a few possible gems from this draft.

Corey Robinson is the real deal, and is going to put Waddle on the bench. He's going to be the best 7th round player we've ever drafted.

Wright has power, and you're right, if he's coached up, he could do some damage.

Zenner, a kid we got after the draft, I'm kind of excited about. Like his size, his speed, his hands, his vision... the kid had a great college career for a D2 school, and I think he could be a prize of this draft.

I had no idea who he was really, but shocker.. he looks like he could be more than solid.
Man, you got it in for.Waddle. lol. He did kind of suck at times. If Robinson wins the starters job, we definitely found a gem.

Man, you got it in for.Waddle. lol. He did kind of suck at times. If Robinson wins the starters job, we definitely found a gem.

I really don't have it in for the guy. I'm just completely unimpressed by him. I hear people say he was our 2nd best lineman... well, let me tell you, a lineman can get propped up by the guy next to him just as fast as he can be pulled down by that guy.

What I saw was a guy who's footwork was shabby, and who played with his pads too high, and his lack of ability was compensated for by Warford next to him. I think his grades were deceptive.

That having been said, he was a rookie. I honestly hope the guy comes back in year 3 and is the best RT in the entire NFL. I'm pulling for him to do it. Why? Because that makes our line stronger, and that's all I care about.

The only guy I have it in for is Droptimus Prime. Cut his ass please. You won't even have a cap charge if you hire a hitman.

I just don't think Waddle is very good, and I think he's absolutely the weakest link on the line. Robinson was a guy I was hoping we could get in the 3rd or 4th round. I think he's a REAL right tackle. Massive bigbody and can open the holes we need.

Like always, may the best player play.. I just don't believe that is going to be Waddle unless he spent a LOT of time in the offseason working on his game.

Waddle still has to win his matchups no matter what Warford does. It's not like Warford helped him double the D-End and just let the DT roam free.

Waddle played very well in 2013. Good run blocking and no sacks allowed. Dealt with injuries in 2014 but played solid. He can be a good right tackle in 2015 if healthy. If not, Lucas showed improvement and Robinson/Williams get a chance too.

Back