Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official Hawaii vs ][V][ichigan Game Thread

Last chance to cover Jimmy!

Ah, well.

Neither Notre Dame nor Texas Tech - Texas Tech, who bought their entire incoming class - covered.

I started the game prediction thread, so I get to decide the winner.

I?m going to do something unprecedented.

The drop off with the backups. The way the line didn't block for Cade. A team like Hawaii scoring 10 points when they should not have scored anything. Not covering the spread.

Last edited:
The drop off with the backups. The way the line didn't block for Cade. A team like Hawaii scoring 10 points when they should not have scored anything. Not covering the spread.

I?m not too unsettled. The drop off with the backups ain?t a shock?that?s why they?re back ups.

Maybe they needed a few real time reps to get in sync. Maybe that getting in sync time happened to happen when Cade came in.

I don?t know how deep into the defensive depth chart they went when Hawai?i scored 10 utterly meaningless points. It?s always good for defensive depth to get real time game reps too.

It is not Coach Harbaugh?s job to give a decimal of a percent of a shit about covering the spread.

I?m not too unsettled.

Our backups? Or our backups' backups'? Because most of that 2nd half we played with 3rd and 4th string players, many of whom are freshmen and walkons. Still played evenly with most of their starters on the field.

They had a true freshman wide receiver playing corner. They had a rs freshman walk on qb playing for an entire quarter and were down to their 3rd and 4th string across the board. Hawaii didn't pull their starters. Even with all that Michigan still outscored and out gained them in the second half.

If Michigan had left their starters in the entire game they easily drop 80 and roll up 700 yards of offense. Even with the backups playing half the game the offense still averaged 10.4 yards per play.

Yeah, um, no one should be surprised they scored on the 3rd and 4th stringers, lol. I think the offensive starters played the 1st series of the 2nd half and then sat the rest of the game. Michigan was never going to cover this game. Harbaugh wasn't going to rub it in on Timmy Chang. He's a real likable dude trying to get that program turned around.

The blocking for Cade was terrible. I don?t care what string was in there. I hope it doesn?t crater the locker room. It Looked really bad. Two guys whiffed so bad on their blocks it almost looked like it was on purpose. I sure hope not. Cade was made captain for a reason.
Such a weird Situation.

Last edited:
The blocking for Cade was terrible. I don?t care what string was in there. I hope it doesn?t crater the locker room. It Looked really bad. Two guys whiffed so bad on their blocks it almost looked like it was on purpose. I sure hope not. Cade was made captain for a reason.
Such a weird Situation.

That wouldn?t make sense. Why wouldn?t back benchers want to try to do as well as possible when they get their live action opportunity, regardless of who was under center or in the backfield?

If they whiffed so badly, it makes more sense it was a choke job from nerves from finally getting their real time chance.

Yeah, um, no one should be surprised they scored on the 3rd and 4th stringers, lol. I think the offensive starters played the 1st series of the 2nd half and then sat the rest of the game. Michigan was never going to cover this game. Harbaugh wasn't going to rub it in on Timmy Chang. He's a real likable dude trying to get that program turned around.

What happened to the Harbaugh that would have made Woody Hayes proud?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2juUBCErqTI

The best thing about that game was that it made the college football world forget - just a little bit for a minute - about Appy State.

Now, after yesterday, it?s like ?Appy State? Hell, they do this shit all the time.?

I was sneaking time yesterday to catch a little of that game. One of the the announcers referred to that dark, infamous and inglorious day as having been ?years ago.?

I guess the world somehow continued to have spun.

What happened to the Harbaugh that would have made Woody Hayes proud?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2juUBCErqTI

The best thing about that game was that it made the college football world forget - just a little bit for a minute - about Appy State.

Now, after yesterday, it?s like ?Appy State? Hell, they do this shit all the time.?

I was sneaking time yesterday to catch a little of that game. One of the the announcers referred to that dark, infamous and inglorious day as having been ?years ago.?

I guess the world somehow continued to have spun.

FIFTEEN (15) years ago!

a lot has happened since then, that would've been unbelievable to Michigan fans at the time

I?m not too unsettled. The drop off with the backups ain?t a shock?that?s why they?re back ups.

Maybe they needed a few real time reps to get in sync. Maybe that getting in sync time happened to happen when Cade came in.

I don?t know how deep into the defensive depth chart they went when Hawai?i scored 10 utterly meaningless points. It?s always good for defensive depth to get real time game reps too.

It is not Coach Harbaugh?s job to give a decimal of a percent of a shit about covering the spread.

I?m not too unsettled.

If Hawaii was playing Georgia, Bama, maybe even OSU, they would not have scored even against the backups. There are high school teams in Texas that would thrash Hawaii. If Michigan wants to compete against the top tier teams (like we all want them to) they have to do more with developing their backups. Georgia, Bama, and probably OSU would have covered the spread vs Hawaii with their backups playing the entire second half. Otherwise, a couple of guys go down on one side of the ball or the other, and their goes the season. That was the impression I got from the performance of the backups. Michigan is not ready to compete with the top tier teams. I was disappointed in the dramatic drop off on both sides of the ball with the 2nd and 3rd stringers. I also didn't like the situation that Cade was put in. JJ showed that he has great talent and touch on the pass and should be the starter over Cade. I have no issue with that. But putting in Cade with the 2nd and 3rd stringers and then having them whiff on their blocks, just not necessary to humiliate the guy like that. I also heard that Cade was being booed. That is just fucking unacceptable. I am a supporter of Jimmy, but I'm not liking him much right now.

Back