Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MICHIGAN vs Central Florida Score Prediction Thread

TheVictors

Congratulations to easye688 for posting the closest score prediction in last week?s contest vs Hawaii with a call of 65-0. Honorable mention goes to Mitchrapp who nailed the 63 MICHIGAN scored on the head, but who gave a little too much credit to Hawaii for theirs. Well, on to Central Florida?.

It?s hard what to think about Central Florida. On the one hand, like MICHIGAN, they come into this weekend?s contest at (1-0) having defeated South Carolina State (38-0) last week, while racking up 466yds of Total Offense. That said, the Knights went winless in 2015, posting an (0-12) mark and lost the final four games of last season by an average score of (46-12). Under the direction of new coach, and former Buggeater QB Scott Frost, the program appears to be headed in the right direction.

But this week, that direction is North on I-75 towards Ann Arbor and only the 6th time UCF has faced a Top 10 opponent in its program?s history. While Hawaii is likely to post a losing record and can?t be described as the most formidable opponent, the team is not South Carolina State either. The Knights come in lead by Senior QB Justin Holman and a stable of running backs who all saw time last week, but unless Blake Bortles comes walking down the tunnel Saturday morning, the Knights find themselves tremendous underdogs according to Vegas with a current line of MICHIGAN -35.5 and an Over/Under of 56 total points.

So how does MICHIGAN find motivation in what appears to be such a lopsided contest? Well one source to look at might be the opposing head coach Scott Frost and some of the comments he made as the Nebraska QB back in 1997. While MICHIGAN won the traditional National Title via the AP, Nebraska was awarded the inaugural USA Today Coaches Poll in part because Tennessee head coach Phil Fulmer was butthurt over Charles Woodson winning the Heisman and voted MICHIGAN 4th. And while Frost has matured and backed off some of the assertions he made about a mythical Title game between MICHIGAN and Nebraska being an easy blowout win for the Corn, we fans shall never know.

But if Vegas is right and the team that showed up against Hawaii shows up Saturday, Frost just might get to experience a blowout firsthand.

So post your score predictions with some supportive analysis if you wish but leave the woofing and barking for other threads?.

1997%20Michigan%20Wolverines%20Football%20National%20Championship%20Ring-150x150.jpg

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

UM...50
ucf....7

I love the Scott Frost angle, and also the fact that even if he doesn't acknowledge it publicly, you just KNOW that sort of thing is in the back of Harbaugh's mind. He won't forget it. He knows his history.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we don't seem to have a problem dropping large amounts of points on people.

Michigan wins 58-6

Last edited:
Defense gives up a few points this week to an improved ucf offense, but the ground game heats up and we send our starters off the field to open the 4th.

Michigan - 55
UCF - 10

P.S. Fuck 1997 Nebraska!

Fuck Scott Frost forever. His whiny, little bitch speech begging the coaches to not let Osborne retire without a share of the '97 championship was pathetic. I hope we embarrass his team on Saturday.

UM - 52
UCF - 7

Michigan 62
Central Florida 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had no interest in this game beyond the 1st half until I read about the Scott Frost angle.

I want blood.

59-0.

45-12 Michigan. UFC doesn't find the endzone, but they get within fg range a few times.

Thunderstorms in the forecast. Wet field lowers scoring.

][V][ 38
UCF 6

Back