Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MICHIGAN vs Illinois Score Prediction Thread (Homecoming Edition)

TheVictors

Congratulations to ........

josh200612 for calling 68-0,
easye688 for calling 72-3,
cmrlily for calling 70-10 and
rumseyhouse77 for calling 63-0

and their predictions in the New Jersey Massacre -- all 4 will split the pot evenly. Well, on to Illinois....

Been a while since Illinois has been any good. Names like Jeff George and Tony Eason evoke memories of a time when ranked Illini teams went to Bowls - including Pasadena - and were a threat in the BigTen. But those are fading memories and but for a one year Zook bump and occasional success story here and there, Illinois has been a bad program for a while.

Enter Lovie Smith.

In his first year as Illini head coach, Lovie is one of a few high profile and former NFL coaches hired recently by BigTen programs. And while the Illini come into Ann Arbor on Saturday for a 3:30pm Homecoming kickoff with a record of (2-4), the games have been more competitive than the Illinois record might indicate.

Coming off a win over Rutgers (lol, NJSU has been out scored 160-7 in three games), the Illini find themselves huge underdogs to the #3 Ranked and Undefeated MICHIGAN WOLVERINES with a line that originally opened at MICHIGAN -28, and that has now moved to a whopping -35.5.

With an Over/Under of 55.5 Total Points, all indications are for a well-rested and well-prepared WOLVERINE squad to shake off the rust from their BYE week and begin the second half of the 2016 campaign where it left off.

With perhaps one eye looking towards that next game in Lansing .....

So post your predictions with some supportive analysis if you wish, but leave the woofing and barking for other threads.

dn11.jpg

*Breaston on his way to the South EZ and a celebration with Dr Dave and others....

Last edited:
28-13 UM.

Secretly, I'm hoping we overlook Illinois a bit. We start slow, but our talent eventually breaks out and scores a couple. Maybe I'm crazy for hoping for this, but I don't want our guys to be too overconfident going to EL next week. We have a lot of seniors, so maybe it won't matter, but I worry about us overlooking Sparty. Kyle Kalis already talking like he's locked his focus on OSU. I don't like that.

Supposedly Illinois is down to their 3rd string QB for this game. If that is the case, then I'm going with..

Michigan-52
Illinois-3

Not to start this sort of talk a week early, but people need to stop worrying about MSU. It's this fear and anxiety that causes nervousness that I'm sure the players can feel, and also breathes confidence into the Spartans. It was one freak play and sure it sucked, but we should have beat them last year and they were a Final Four team. We've improved and they've regressed. There is no excuse not to crush them. This is not Brady Hoke's team anymore.

Michigan cruises this week. 41-17

Last edited:
I am going with another shutout. Peppers returns a punt for a TD and it counts. Michigan 56-0. GO BLUE!

Like Mawilli said, QB issues.

"starting quarterback Wes Lunt having a problem with a back injury, and backup Chayce Crouch struggling with a shoulder problem"

There is blood in the water.

][V][ - 59
Fighting Lovies - 0

MICHIGAN - 59
Illini - 12

Little Vic says --

MICHIGAN - 49
Illinois - 6

Last edited:
Back