Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MICHIGAN vs Minnesota Prediction Thread

b311j

So yeah. I see the actual official thread isnt up yet. Slow day at work so here we go. Not slow enough to do some real research, just slow enough to copy and paste this from MGoBlog:

Minnesota (4-4, 1-4 B1G)

Last month: Lost to Purdue, 31-17
Lost to Michigan State, 30-27
Beat Illinois 24-17
Lost to Iowa, 17-10

Recap: I don’t think we ever believed Minnesota was going to be good this year. Which is good. Because they aren’t good.

Hopes briefly perked up after back-to-back routings of Oregon State and MTSU, but even those look like fool’s gold in hindsight, as the two have combined to go 4-12. Since that MTSU win, Minnesota’s best performance was a seven-point win over an Illinois team that, in analytical terms, suckyity-suck suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

Minnesota’s defense has been okay, but the offense has been a clown rodeo. They haven’t cracked 350 yards of offense since week 2, and their passing S&P+ ranking is #121 in the country. They only have one real receiving option; Tyler Johnson has been targeted 57 times, which is 42 times more than anyone else on the team. They don’t have another wide receiver with double-digit targets who is averaging more than 5.5 yards per target.

Michigan enters the contest as a 15.5 point favorite. The over/under is set at 41. The early forecast has the temps just getting over 50 degrees during the day, but rain, and possibly thunderstorms, move in for gametime to make this one a game I will be happy to watch from my MGoRecliner.

Post your guess. Add some analysis if you wish. But as always, keep your woofing and barking off this digital lawn.

Last edited:
I still can't believe we lost to State.

UMich... 34
UMinn... 10

][V][ 27

Varmints 7

Last edited:
I don't think it will rain enough for Fleck to be able to row a boat on field turf.

Michigan - 34
Golden Goofups - 7

excellent work, b311j - keep it up!

MICHIGAN - 30
um - 16

Little Vic says,

MICHIGAN - 31
Minnesota - 7

Let’s all go to Backroom!

Last edited:
excellent work, b311j - keep it up!

MICHIGAN - 30
um - 16

Little Vic says,

MICHIGAN - 31
Minnesota - 7

Let?s all go to Backroom!

Forgot about Little B311J's pick

Though 19 years old and 6' tall isnt very little, but....

31-14 Good guys

UM 52 MN 0
informenter-marker-24.png

Back