Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

the official Michigan vs. Nebraksa score prediction THREAD-O-MATIC

Michchamp

Game 6: #8 Michigan @ (NR) Nebraska, Saturday, October 9, 2021 at 7:30 PM Eastern. This game is scheduled to be televised nationally on ABC, so I have no excuse not to watch now.

A Bit of History: This is the 11th time we've played Nebraska, going back to 1905. We currently hold a 5-4-1 edge in the series, with the last matchup being a 56-10 win in Michigan Stadium, where Nebraska displayed a completely inept offense, and the score was actually 56-3 until late in the 4th Q

On paper, this appears to be another potentially tough road game against a talented, but underachieving opponent.

Nebraska is 3-3 (1-2) with 3 blowout wins over Northwestern, Buffalo, and Fordham, and three close losses to Illinois, Oklahoma, and MSU (in OT), all on the road.

There are two ways to look at Nebraska:
1) They have talent and can move and defend reasonably well (11th in total offense and 44th in total defense), were a couple bad breaks away from beating two really good teams on the road, being 5-1 and probably ranked right now;
OR
2) Nebraska is nothing special; Illinois was beating them 30-9 before a broken play TD, and garbage time TD made it look respectable. Their offense is one-dimensional and only moves the ball on weak opponents. MSU and Oklahoma are both overrated, and Scott Frost still hasn't proven he can coach in the Big Ten. And he's a total dickhead.

Rankings that matter? Nebraska is currently 40th in Sagarin's rankings, and has played the 56th toughest SOS in the country. We're 6th and 21st respectively after the win at Wisconsin.

Vegas likes us by a bit; we're currently consensus 3 1/2 pt favorites, with an O/U of 50 1/2 pts.

As noted above, this is a night game, and it's also one Nebraska really needs to win in order to be bowl eligible, since they still have some tough games remaining.

So go ahead and post your predictions, along with a bit of analysis if you so choose, but... save the woofing and barking for other threads!

Last edited by a moderator:
mods please fix typo in thread title. I need to fire my administrative assistant.

Michigan - 27
Nebraska - 13

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going with how the '97 AP pollsters voted:

UM: 51
Neb: 18

Cuz Huck the Corn Fuskers!

Nebraska 49
Michigan 10

Exposed in this game.

Really have no clue. Looks to be quite tough on paper.

Michigan 28 Nebraska 27 on a missed PAT

Bob done gone hacked Monster's account.

M - 38
Nebraska - 24

Lol

Just don't think we're that good. Reminds me too much of the Denard robinson years where we start 4-0 and then get beat down by every good team we play

Really have no clue. Looks to be quite tough on paper.

Michigan 28 Nebraska 27 on a missed PAT

Score margin was 3...

UMRules06 gets the nod on both margin & closest to the score.

CONGRATS!

I could do without any more close games after that one... let's just win all the rest of our games by 20.

Back