Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MICHIGAN vs PaSt Score Prediction Thread

TheVictors

Sorry gang, I've had one helluva year in addition to the common shitshow 2020 has been generally and haven't had much time to participate ...or uphold my responsibilities.

We were supposed to be in Ann Arbor for this weekend's game, and Thanksgiving. For many years we alternated Thanksgivings so that we would be at 'Home' for the ohio state game and hit up either Crisler or Yost on the Friday between. When the updated B10 Schedule came out and showed it wasn't ohio state, but Pa State for Thanksgiving, we liked the "2020 wrinkle" to tradition.

Then Covid starting spiking nationally again, particularly in southeastern Michigan. The airfare was incredibly cheap and we thought about making the trek. Family of three, new puppy and a non-stop, mask-donned flight to DTW. Nope. Just not comfortable enough to do it. We would've driven Up to Northport on Wednesday for Thanksgiving Day itself and instead of being in the Big House, be watching on TV, the Penn State game and eating leftovers.

Nope, we're here in Summit County, Colorado.

James Franklin seems to be a bit of a jackass, but most say the same of Harbaugh. Despite all the pressure on Harbaugh and accusations of underachievement, Franklin's team this year has ZERO WINS! His program prior to Happy Valley (Vandy) has the same number ...zero [Thanks Bottom 10]. For all the acclaim he's gotten and for all his exuberance, it's more like UNHappy Valley these days and the Nittany Lions look a lot like Michigan ...pretty bad and horribly bad, at times. Sad times for both CLASSIC programs.

The all-time record between MICHIGAN and Penn State favors the Wolverines, 14-9 and when the game is in MICHIGAN - whether iconic with Mario Manningham or surprising like Shea or without fans? - it tends to overwhelmingly favor the MAIZE and BLUE.

Last time we were in A2 for Penn State it was 2018 and we whipped the shit out of them.... Last year I smashed my then new iPhone on the kitchen floor, denting our refrigerator, when Ronnie Bell dropped that ball.

Since that dropped pass and over the past few months, both my parents have passed away, we've collectively endured Covid and lost three members of my wife's family between Feb and July, back in Pennsylvania.

But despite all that, there is much to be GRATEFUL and Thankful for and in that vein, I want to say Thank You to everyone in this community for being part of my life for the past "20yrs." Between the old ESPN board and very old friends/posters such as byco42, M_RABID, BigHouseFootball and Michlady77 to this new world Monster created ...almost a DECADE AGO NOW?! (Is that possible?!)

But it is the case and despite the football team's record and despite the frustrations on recent Saturdays, it's FUCKING ...GREAT, TO BE, A MICHIGAN WOLVERINE!!!

So post your predictions and supporting analysis if you wish, but leave the WOOFING and BARKING for other threads ...I think I'll go snowboarding for a couple hours.

45704704341_54e9d312ad_k-1024x683.jpg

Last edited:
Damn Vic, that's a tough year. Hope you are doing as well as can be expected.

][V][ 20
PedoState 24

This was already posted. It is pinned at the top

Sorry to hear that you've been through so much

I hope things get better for you

Last edited:
Sorry to hear of the loss of your parents, and your wife's family members. Hopefully, the vaccines will put an end to this pandemic. I was thinking about ML, she hasn't posted this year as far as I have seen.

I will add the same prediction I made in the other thread: Michigan 56, PSU 42.

Really sorry to hear everything you've endured, Vic. Nothing but love to you and your family, brother.

Michigan - 42
Penn State - 38

Back