Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official MICHIGAN vs you-know-who Prediction Thread

b311j

I dont think there is any new analysis for this thread. It has been gone over and over for weeks now. The betting line has MICHIGAN as a road favorite of 3.5 to 4.5pts, with the O/U between 56 and 59 depending which site you're looking at. The weather? Shit. It has moved from 60% likelihood of rain to 90%. Winds up to 20mph. The rain will be in our area as well. For those of us that have to be at work at the beginning of the game and have to rely on our Dish Network DVR to NOT GET FUCKING RAIN FADE JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER FUCKING GAME I HAVE TO RECORD :argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

Sorry...sorry...no woofing or barking. My bad.

Its here!!!

THE GAME!!!

There is ALOT on the line with this one.

Post your prediction and some analysis if you wish. But as always keep the woofing and barking for other threads, or here http://www.detroitsportsforum.com/showthread.php?t=27838

I've followed Michigan since about 1969. I did not attend Michigan but have lived in Ann Arbor since 1984. So I don't know if I'm a "Walmart Wolverine" because I didn't matriculate there or I get a pass for my 34 years in the town.
I am not one to predict but I feel better about our chances this week than I have in a long while.
But ever since Mike Lantry missed that field goal in 1974 I have learned to temper my hopes and expectations. That day I walked out of the Casa Nova in downtown Ypsilanti and a lightbulb went off in my head. I decided that day never to get overly invested in a bunch of 19-22 year old's.
I hope they win, I believe they can, but if they don't I'll be OK.

as far as a prediction goes...

heres-the10-foot-pole-im-not-touching-that-with-19730167.png

Shitty weather in C-Bus should lead to a low scoring game....especially for OSU.

UM 28
OSU 14

Every year I pick us to win. Every year we lose. Please let me be wrong again this year.

Michigan - 24
OSU - 27

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

We've had some slow starts on the road this year, and the bad weather will make it difficult to come back from a significant deficit.

That said...

UM 27
Bucknuts 13

Michigan 50, Ohio State 14. Harbaugh goes for and converts for two on a fake extra point after the the final TD with 4 seconds left, a 56-yard bomb from Patterson to Collins on first and 10, because he couldn't go for three. And he uses all three of his time outs with 1:30 to play. The officials suggest that he forego the XP, but Harbaugh goes ballistic at the suggestion and calls Urban Meyer a "crybaby," a "lying loser," and "a front-running a&&hole," and closes with this comment. "We'll never lose to Ohio State again." Then he overturns the podium, knocks over the backdrop and walks out.

I wonder if that OSU idiot I won $20 off of in 1982 at the OSU-FSU game will be there on Saturday.

Last edited:
I've followed Michigan since about 1969. I did not attend Michigan but have lived in Ann Arbor since 1984. So I don't know if I'm a "Walmart Wolverine" because I didn't matriculate there or I get a pass for my 34 years in the town.
I am not one to predict but I feel better about our chances this week than I have in a long while.
But ever since Mike Lantry missed that field goal in 1974 I have learned to temper my hopes and expectations. That day I walked out of the Casa Nova in downtown Ypsilanti and a lightbulb went off in my head. I decided that day never to get overly invested in a bunch of 19-22 year old's.
I hope they win, I believe they can, but if they don't I'll be OK.

The Lantry FG was good and the officials either missed the call or feared for their lives and waved it off. Even OSU fans in the end zone wrote Lantry and Bo and said the kick was good.

With the exception of at Rutgers, Michigan has not scored over 21 points on the road this season. They do it tomorrow! Michigan 35 - OSU 14. Higdon gets another 100yrd + game. Defense scores on a pick 6. GO BLUE! Get it done!

My buddy HB says:

M - 34
O - 21 ....Tru Wilson with a big day.

Little Vic says, “i think it will be a lot like the state game, low scoring....”

UM - 28
osu - 17

I’ve said before eye witnesses that we win the national title. Not going to back down now.

MICHIGAN - 20
Osu - 14

Last edited:
Back